Hydro hold-alls and Touax timber 2-for-1 from RevolutioN (OO - IWA Wagon)

surfsup

22 minutes ago, Shaun66 said:

What length hunt coupling have your used? Will be changing mine over when I get the chance. 

Elite close ones.  Just stuck one on the end to couple to the IZA.  Works ok so far on 3rd radius curves, I'll change the rest over when I weather them.  Ultra close might work too but I've not got any to try at present.  Cheers

Edit - As Jack has said above the ultra close work work fine too

Edited by richard w
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

I used their ultra close 7mm Elite ones. Works fine with their kinematics! 

4 minutes ago, richard w said:

Elite close ones.  Just stuck one on the end to couple to the IZA.  Works ok so far on 3rd radius curves, I'll change the rest over when I weather them.  Ultra close might work too but I've not got any to try at present.  Cheers

Edit - As Jack has said above the ultra close work work fine too

Many thanks both of you. Will have to get mine weathered too at some point, modelling the current day meant they will be heavily weathered. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, mevaman1 said:

I have wanted these since I first saw them on fertiliser trains through Cornwall.

Great job Revolution.

Hi there,

I remember seeing a short rake in Norsk Hydro livery while travelling through Doncaster on a GNER service some time in the late 1990s.  One look at the viking longboat insignia and I was hooked!  Discovering more about the history of Norsk Hydro, not to mention many viewings of The Heroes of Telemark, only added to the allure!

Glad you like them.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, slg said:

Just like their TEA 100 tonne tanks, they are an outstanding wagons with my only problem being the previously mentioned loosening of the bogies, roll on Caroline, Borails & Cartics.

But don't forget there are still plenty more types of Cargowaggon to make, like these 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq5pOVOAH60

Jon Hall does a kit for the 2 axle single Cargowaggons if you're after some ;)

• Like 4

Although repeating what others have said, these are fantastic wagons, superb quality at a great price. I was wondering if i'd over ordered with 4 Cargowaggon and 4 Hydro but when they arrived yesterday i had no regrets! Thanks Ben and Mike and look forward to further items i have on order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Ok, admittedly they are different wagons but if your after an excuse to run a short rake of log carriers there was a trial earlier in the week from Newton abbot to Abergavenny comprising of 8 wagons

Timber Two

pic by Richard Davies on Flickr, click on it for more info 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 5

Pleased to report that, following a brainwave, I can now successfully run my 6 IWAs around the layout without any issues. A combination of messing around with more shims in the track and adding some very thin M3 nylon washers between the bogies and wagons has resulted in me being able to run at a decent speed and not cause any earth faults.

Time to arrange for them to be sent for some dirtying... Hats off to Revolution again. At least you guys have made me sort out my dodgy track :D

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

This really is a great wagon model. Here's my two behind 37 009. I've got a feeling some more could be purchased at Glasgow.20220130_133316.jpg.0ddeca5ee07493cbb5daf019a0c01e4f.jpg

Did you do the weathering yourself, or were they factory- weathered. In either case, it's very good. Recently, I have seen examples of the prototype, both bogie and 2x2 axles, where it seems as though an attempt has been made to clean the bodies.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big shout out to Andy Wills for his insane weathering skills with my wagons... 

IMG_20220303_081815.jpg.8b04a47e84a3646fa1e5ae622791dd54.jpg

IMG_20220303_081823.jpg.a3fcae18412ad65e8d8020d9f20e6fd1.jpg

IMG_20220303_081956.jpg.9bcd3310d7c2c24bb694c900e7147539.jpg

Bloody gorgeous stuff! Much more lifelike now. A shame to weather such lovely wagons though. Such is life!

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Managed to pick up a Pair of these Beauties on EBay for a fair Price. I missed  out when they were first released so well chuffed. They are Magnificent Models. Sadly I don't currently have a Railway to run them on yet as the Garage needs a new Roof, but will keep an eye out in case I can get some more.

Cheers Trailrage

20230322_124316.jpg

20230322_124304.jpg

Edited by TRAILRAGE
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi

You don’t mention which scale or which version you are looking for but some of our retailers still have small amounts of stock. 

We’ve no imminent plans to rerun them but I’m sure we will at some point. 

Cheers M