The London Festival of Railway Modelling- 21 & 22 March 2020

BRMExhibitions

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Plenty of shows on U tube the Day after any show. , Seems to be the done thing now with some good and some not so good but never the less enjoyable with a cuppa and a biccie.

Bit of a problem for the organisers and trade though if everyone stays at home and only a single YouTuber pays to come in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Bit of a problem for the organisers and trade though if everyone stays at home and only a single YouTuber pays to come in.

Bit depressing behind a layout too. 

A friend of mine is booked over from the US in April specifically to see an exhibition here and then carry on into Germany for work and see family. Now he will have to cancel the work trip part and the uncertainty over isolation travel countries means he risks coming here and then being caught with a two week enforced quarantine going home if the rules change while he’s here! That’s an expensive trip just for a model railway show now because he can’t cancel the UK part as it’s not in the ban. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Will you stop going on about the Ricoh. :biggrin_mini2:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

12 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Plenty of shows on U tube the Day after any show.

Why wait for the day after - could this be the future of model railway shows? 

Just remember to put some clothes on before activating your telepresence robot! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, sharris said:

Why wait for the day after - could this be the future of model railway shows? 

Only after a lifetime of arguments that the telepresence robot wasn't the right height, colour, smelled correctly, carrying a big enough rucksack...

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

Funnily enough I did say to the guys that go with me that I have a couple of layouts and could sell them an item or two. Tea, coffee and cake also available. Maybe we need to offer ourselves as operators if required ..

3 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Is there a definitive list available yet of which layouts and traders are not attending please?

I would prefer to put a positive spin on it, and suggest a list of layouts and traders who are still attending - although I suspect that won't be known until closer to the weekend.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Is there a definitive list available yet of which layouts and traders are not attending please?

We'll make sure there's an up to date list at an appropriate time; we don't know the full position at present from all who have said they are still deciding.

For info this is the latest update from our exhibitions department.

LONDON FESTIVAL OF RAILWAY MODELLING - CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 13.3.20

Please be assured we have been working extensively with Alexandra Palace to review our protocols and processes ahead of the upcoming show.
We continue to closely monitor government guidelines and should they advise event cancellations we will organise transfers or refunds for both traders & visitors.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

We'll make sure there's an up to date list at an appropriate time

The revised list, as far we have been made aware, has been posted on our site https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/the-london-festival-of-railway-modelling-layout

I understand that Hornby will not be attending for staff welfare reasons.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

The revised list, as far we have been made aware, has been posted on our site https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/the-london-festival-of-railway-modelling-layout

Looks like DC Kits/D&E Videos (legomanbiffo) and Dovetail games have also pulled out. Haven’t noticed any other traders missing.

Edited by bart2day

9 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Mabye a single Expensive Ticket. 

The Utube is handy for me as I cant get to many or any of these shows being across the pond or European ones so dead handy people do take the time to stick these up.

Well, here's the thing.  Ticket purchased a several weeks ago.  Do I go and see an underwhelming exhibition due to all the cancellations or what? Will the (pre-paid in my case) ticket price be worth it?  Can I claim a partial refund?

3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I don't know if I will be able to film all of them in one day. but let hope so

Richard

Trains in the Attic

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I’m going (unless it’s cancelled or I get it) - assume there’ll be somewhere to properly wash my hands/some sanitiser? 

If anyone needs a hand operating for an hour or two I’m game 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, MrSimon said:

assume there’ll be somewhere to properly wash my hands/some sanitiser? 

Such provision is high on the list for visitor safety. There will be hand sanitising points in addition to the washrooms.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Do I go and see an underwhelming exhibition

Assuming you don't have a health-influenced decision to make that's a bit mean-spirited towards those exhibitors who are able to put on a show. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I will be going if it's still on. I've already organised a day off on the Friday and a meet up with a friend on the weekend. It will be the Sunday though, not the Saturday.

15 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Assuming you don't have a health-influenced decision to make that's a bit mean-spirited towards those exhibitors who are able to put on a show. 

Thanks Andy. At the moment we have over 30 really good layouts attending, many of which don't often appear in the south east. The list Andy links to plus our own web page has the current list. 

https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/layouts-confirmed-for-london-festival-of-railway-modelling-2020/

• Like 1