The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1, 2020

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 15:04, rocor said:

Being as he out of F1 at the end of this season (why would he sign up with a tier 2 team if a seat became available). With the pressure being off, would it not be ironic if he drove this year with a brilliance that he has not shown for quite a while.

On recent form, and with Ferrari already having dampened any expectations for the next two races, it could be argued that he's already in one....

I've suspected for a while that young M. Leclerc has been making the car look better than it really is.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

I've suspected for a while that young M. Leclerc has been making the car look better than it really is.

John

Him working with what he's given rather than demanding the car be tailored to his expectations?

C6T. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, newbryford said:

Found on yesterday that SKy F1 is tucked away in the TV channels on an Amazon Firestick

The couch is mine for a few hours this weekend!

Nothing on my Amazon Firestick. Where is it hiding please ??

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Is the track expected to be unusually "green" with the lack of race meetings upon it, or is it much of a muchness after all the practice sessions?

C6T. 

I suspect it will be no different to the street circuits which are very green at the beginning of the weekend.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Is the track expected to be unusually "green" with the lack of race meetings upon it, or is it much of a muchness after all the practice sessions?

C6T. 

There looked to be a lot of rubber down on the start grid, which suggests there may have been other racing there recently.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

There looked to be a lot of rubber down on the start grid, which suggests there may have been other racing there recently.

I think most of it was from practice yesterday, they were allowed to practice starts at the end of P2. Additionally  F2 and F3 races are also supporting F1 this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Bit of a shame they haven’t used the gaps in the usual tv format to include summary’s of the F2 & F3 races for a bit of extra publicity without stepping on actual race footage rights. Introduce the future stars. 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure I've quite grasped the bubble concept - I don't think the term is used here - but it appears Seb hasn't, either. He should be in the Ferrari bubble, but has been snapped chatting to his former employers at Red Bull, Horner and Marko. Perhaps he doesn't care any more. 

• Agree 4

There was a shot on a Sky of Horner & Binotto talking, the rope separating their areas was there but they were both practically touching it. Both had face masks on. 

I think parts of the paddock can mix so long as socially distanced with masks etc. Journalists outside the paddock (ie on the circuit) cannot mix with those inside.

Sky said over 4000 tests undertaken so far on the paddock personnel and so far all - ve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

I'm not sure I've quite grasped the bubble concept - I don't think the term is used here - but it appears Seb hasn't, either. He should be in the Ferrari bubble, but has been snapped chatting to his former employers at Red Bull, Horner and Marko. Perhaps he doesn't care any more. 

"Gizza job".

• Funny 5

A thought I've had for a while - should drivers who go off the track during qualifying, causing a red or yellow flag be penalised, in the same way as impeding someone's qualifying lap are? I know generally speaking (with a couple of notable exceptions) people don't go off the track on purpose, but by and large drivers don't impede each other on purpose either.

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

A thought I've had for a while - should drivers who go off the track during qualifying, causing a red or yellow flag be penalised, in the same way as impeding someone's qualifying lap are? I know generally speaking (with a couple of notable exceptions) people don't go off the track on purpose, but by and large drivers don't impede each other on purpose either.

Please not more penalties ....the grid drops for engines etc are bad enough let alone a penalty for trying too hard, overcooking it and god forbid making it exciting.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

A thought I've had for a while - should drivers who go off the track during qualifying, causing a red or yellow flag be penalised, in the same way as impeding someone's qualifying lap are?...

There's a  strong argument for that in the last two laps duration of the qualifying session, in that if you already have a good time, there's the potential for preventing anyone else matching it as the session nears its end.

The upside from Hammy's POV is that it will be Bottas who takes the hit from Maximum Optimism...

Edited by 34theletterbetweenB&D
  • Like 1