Model retailers under lockdown - those still operational

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

Trying to spread my orders around a bit but received a nice big parcel from Gaugemaster on Tuesday and I've put an order in with Osbourne's in Bideford yesterday.

My brother will hopefully be getting a present involving tiny trains, track and a controller to brighten his upcoming birthday in a week or so's time - I've had to address it to his partner and ask her to hide it so as not to spoil the surprise! :)

Thanks to everyone who is managing to keep trading in these difficult times.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, sidmouth said:

Speaking tonight with Tony's Trains of Rugby it seems Peco stuff is getting hard to get . Shops can't replenish as Peco are suspended for the duration . Not sure whether Peco has separate despatch but with good social distancing there is business out there for them 

AIUI Peco have shut down for the duration.

• RMweb Gold

Thumbs up :good_mini: for Tennents Trains of Halesowen and the Royal Mail too.

Placed order on Sunday evening; acknowledged and dispatched on Monday; arrived this morning.

Edited by 4630
typo.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm still waiting on a package that was posted Friday of the week before last (so nearly two weeks ago) via Royal Mail. It's got a tracking number but RM aren't providing any updates until the item is out for delivery, which makes me wonder if they're de-prioritising anything that looks non-essential. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I had a cursory look around a number of retailers sites yesterday and it seems certain 'always in stock' Peco track elements, some Metcalfe kits and other items are rapidly disappearing from stock pretty much across the board.

I do hope we get to see all these projects that everyone must be working furiously on at some point!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Peter's Spares seem a bit sluggish, there is a note on the website front page saying about the situation, still hopeful of de!every of my order from a few weeks ago.

I have recently successfully dealt with H&A Models, Lanarkshire Model Supplies, Eileen's Emporium and Silver Tay.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Just seen a post on Facebook that Dapol are recommencing operations on a limited basis from Tuesday.

page01-1150x414.jpg

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 3

On 09/04/2020 at 14:33, Enterprisingwestern said:

Peter's Spares seem a bit sluggish, there is a note on the website front page saying about the situation, still hopeful of de!every of my order from a few weeks ago.

I have recently successfully dealt with H&A Models, Lanarkshire Model Supplies, Eileen's Emporium and Silver Tay.

Mike.

Hi there,

if you can give me your details (preferably direct to sales@petersspares.com) I can look into your order.

To clarify your 'sluggish' remark: For staff safety I have had to close the store and phone lines and send 4 out of the 7 staff home leaving me and two packers. This in itself has slowed us down and also everyone is at home doing mail orders so we have more than double the orders to ship while short staffed. As of today we have only had 2-3 days in 2.5 weeks where some post went a day latter than normal. Thanks Peter 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, PetersSpares said:

Hi there,

if you can give me your details (preferably direct to sales@petersspares.com) I can look into your order.

To clarify your 'sluggish' remark: For staff safety I have had to close the store and phone lines and send 4 out of the 7 staff home leaving me and two packers. This in itself has slowed us down and also everyone is at home doing mail orders so we have more than double the orders to ship while short staffed. As of today we have only had 2-3 days in 2.5 weeks where some post went a day latter than normal. Thanks Peter 

Apologies.

The remark was made somewhat tongue in cheek Peter, I wasn't expecting instant service as my qualification of your comments about staffing levels hopefully confirmed.

Mike.

19 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Apologies.

The remark was made somewhat tongue in cheek Peter, I wasn't expecting instant service as my qualification of your comments about staffing levels hopefully confirmed.

Mike.

Thank for your reply if you do email I can look into your order. I had to explain our position as internet lounge in cheek moments can ruin hard worked reputations. Naming places as sluggish could deter people using us again. Thanks Peter  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

On 11/04/2020 at 14:07, charliepetty said:

DCKits/Legomanbiffo are 100% in operation with over 50 parcels sent last week, very busy! see the website IF you require stuff www.dckits-devideos.co.uk or ring us 01132 563415.

Stay In and Stay Safe.    Ian & Charlie

Busy day at nomes junction.jpg

No one else has said it, so I will.......Working from Gnome. (AM)

• Funny 2

Don't forget Jim at the 'Locoshed at Besse's oth the Barn, Whitefield, Manchester' keep the small shops going so they will be there when normality returns! 

Edited by johnd
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, firstly I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

We're still continuing with online, telephone and mail orders as normal. Easter hit us quite hard as it was our busiest time for a long time with a huge increase in orders (it beat Christmas by a long way), and with us running a 50% staff ratio, things did get a little slower than normal and if that's impacted you, I apologise. We're just about getting back to "normality" (ha, what's that?!), although the stock has depleted a lot, especially on Peco items - I've never run out of fishplates before, we usually stock hundreds of packs!

The staff now entirely comprises of members of my family who all live together close to the site, so we're able to carry on with a very minimal risk, and I am appreciative to them for stepping in and helping in an industry that is completely new to them - my Mum has no idea of the difference between a Pannier Tank and a Class 50 but bless her she tries! Luckily she is not packing the mail orders...

We're getting a few delays from Royal Mail and DPD but we know and understand that they, like us, are trying their absolute hardest to keep things running and we salute them for it (and of course that extends to all key workers, I must emphasise).

To sum-up, we're still here and operating our limited service and are very much appreciative of all of the support we've received over the past few weeks - thank-you, it means a lot. Please keep yourself safe and and of course keep modelling; it's fantastic to see that during this difficult time, our hobby is providing so much joy and keeping spirits up around the world!

Kind Regards,

Little Dan

Proprietor
Derails Models

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
On 12/04/2020 at 09:00, PetersSpares said:

Thank for your reply if you do email I can look into your order. I had to explain our position as internet lounge in cheek moments can ruin hard worked reputations. Naming places as sluggish could deter people using us again. Thanks Peter  

Placed a small order with you on the evening of the 8th and it arrived yesterday - given there were only 2 working days in the interim I'd class that as great service whatever the circumstances. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2