What is this Virtual Members' Day then?

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • Moderators

To add to the above we have received kind offers of support from Cavalex and Heljan so far with some goodies that will appear as part of the fundraising; thank you!

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Excellent! Something to look forwards to.  As someone who:

a) lives 200+ miles north of Taunton,

b) works weekends and especially Sundays, and

c) greatly admires (but does not emulate) the high quality modelling from the likely suspects we see featured at these events,

it’ll give us mere mortals the chance to join in.

Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

From the surprise on your face Andy, I presume it's your round??

The local Tafia in their fancy shirts had just told me what they were going to do to me.

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The local Tafia in their fancy shirts had just told me what they were going to do to me.

If the "local Taffia" were threatening you, surely you'd look sheepish ? 

Yet again, I came second in the striking shirt competition !

• Funny 5

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Phil Bullock said:

Do we need teams for the pub quiz?

Nah; that'd start a brawl!

Maybe you could bring Abbotswood Junction along for the day?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

SWAG Northern border watchman Dagworth reporting that, in this instance and this one only, the border will be OPEN for the weekend.

Tariffs may be imposed however.

Andi 

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Nah; that'd start a brawl!

Maybe you could bring Abbotswood Junction along for the day?

Happy to! Let me know what you think might work best

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Let me know what you think might work best

By qualification of being inside the perimeter of SWAG you are permitted to go through all the pain of virtually loading up the car, rounding up operators for the early start, keeping them out of Little Chefs en-route and setting everything up for opening time. To save the headache it may be easier to post some of those lovely videos of running days in your sunny garden.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

By qualification of being inside the perimeter of SWAG you are permitted to go through all the pain of virtually loading up the car, rounding up operators for the early start, keeping them out of Little Chefs en-route and setting everything up for opening time. To save the headache it may be easier to post some of those lovely videos of running days in your sunny garden.

Happy to oblige ! Will get some beer and pork scratchings in for the pub quiz too.....

You forgot all the A exams of locos and stock, the battering from SWMBO for the week before as to why it takes up so much time, the agonising about how many tools and spares I need to bring etc. If we can go for smell-o-vision will ask SWMBO to bake some millionaires shortbread to go with the pasties....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

smiling-sheep-gary-canant.jpg

• Like 4
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

Might just have to hop in the car and make the long and winding trip along to help with set up.

Seeing as you're (not) coming can you bring Charwelton down to virtually show it off to the topic readers on the Sunday please? :)

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
Just now, AY Mod said:

Seeing as you're (not) coming can you bring Charwelton down to virtually show it off to the topic readers on the Sunday please? :)

Will do Andy and it would be a pleasure (not) to come done with Charwelton into the 80's.........will (not) get the van booked later tonight :D

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

Will do Andy and it would be a pleasure (not) to come done with Charwelton into the 80's.........will (not) get the van booked later tonight :D

Excuse me! It’s my job not to not book the van!  :blink: :mocking_mini:

-Andy

• Funny 5

• Moderators
7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

To add to the above we have received kind offers of support from Cavalex and Heljan so far with some goodies that will appear as part of the fundraising; thank you!

We have had further kind messages of support from TMC and Hornby through too - more updates and details next week.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Happy to oblige ! Will get some beer and pork scratchings in for the pub quiz too.....

You forgot all the A exams of locos and stock, the battering from SWMBO for the week before as to why it takes up so much time, the agonising about how many tools and spares I need to bring etc. If we can go for smell-o-vision will ask SWMBO to bake some millionaires shortbread to go with the pasties....

Would you like me to open a bottle of Ampleforth ale for you Phil? :D

This sounds like a fantastic event and I’m very keen to help out, maybe with the running of some trains on my home layout. It’s also quite poignant for me as a few years ago I held some ‘open weekends’ with my layout to raise money for charitable causes, and so it would be a pleasure to do the same again. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2