Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

That really looks good with the 150 and the 142 in multiple.   :good_mini:

Thanks Jeff,

I have wanted to do this  train for a while. I saw a pic years ago on the back of a BR Traction in Colour book. It showed a 150 and 142 near Llandudno Junction and I have always thought it would look good on Llanbourne.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Looks brilliant, hopefully Hornby will re-release the 142 

Thanks Mate, 

The 142 is a bit dated now may be Realtrack models will do one as there 143 looks very nice.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Just having a browse through as I haven't been on here for quite a while. More great pictures and top work on the 150. They were still in that condition when I started on the railway in 1993 prior to the obstacle deflectors being fitted. Not snow ploughs as they are more commonly called. The box under the drivers side window was for carrying the emergency coupler which could be fitted over a locomotive draw hook in the event of a failure. A right heavy cumbersome bit of equipment that fortunately I never had to use.

They are no longer carried on the units and are just brought out by a man in a van if required. Must admit though I've never seen a 150 rescued by a loco.

Hope you are well.

All the best

Marcus

Hi Peter

Just having a browse through as I haven't been on here for quite a while. More great pictures and top work on the 150. They were still in that condition when I started on the railway in 1993 prior to the obstacle deflectors being fitted. Not snow ploughs as they are more commonly called. The box under the drivers side window was for carrying the emergency coupler which could be fitted over a locomotive draw hook in the event of a failure. A right heavy cumbersome bit of equipment that fortunately I never had to use.

They are no longer carried on the units and are just brought out by a man in a van if required. Must admit though I've never seen a 150 rescued by a loco.

Hope you are well.

All the best

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Thought you had probably been busy at work. Thanks for the gen on the 150. I did wonder what the box was for, I did notice it wasn't on the units later on. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

That 31 and 108 combo look superb. I've seen a few photos of them hauling 108's but never saw a failed one myself. The odd one was even worked by a 26 on the cumbrian coast.

The units are a top bit of modelling too.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Not seen a pic of a class 26 hauling a failed unit, might have to go and see if I can find a pic. I know class 25s hauled them too sometimes. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Nice work on the 150 and 142.

Some interesting train formations there too. I remember seeing that photo of the 20 hauling a DMU at Waverley you mentioned. I must replicate that sometime!

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave,

A 20 hauled unit on your layout would look great.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Layout looking very good

Certainly did happen on occasions - this one was a Man Vic to Chester

142047.150101  Vic 24 May 1986

post-1161-0-32975100-1454589338.jpg

Or do you fancy this one ?

ECS Newton Heath to Chester (passing through the remains of the old Exchange Station)

142006 ,037,038,048 14 Feb 1986

post-1161-0-22450800-1454589732.jpg

Edited by DerekEm8
  • Like 10

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the pics I think I saw your 150 142 on flickr somewhere when I was looking for pics of 150s. The 150 142 combo did seem quite common in the North West.

Nice 142 lash up too, I have looked at getting a Manchester PTE livery 142 as it's quite a different livery and they did make it into North Wales during the 80s.

Cheers Peter.

Some progress this week on the class 20s. Bufferbeam pipework has now be done and the sound chip and speakers fitted to the chassis. I hope to get the bodies on and finish the weathering this week.

20154 and 20035 have also had some work. These loco's where coupled with a Bachmann coach coupler and were pipe up and ran permanently coupled these two now have new pipework and are coupled using Kadee's which means I can swap them round with 20165 and 20009.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-60798900-1455451539_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-72633900-1455451577_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-23564800-1455451608_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-74540200-1455451646_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-39844400-1455451690_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Hi Peter,

Seems like there's a bit of a chopper fest going on at Llanbourne.... like it!!  :good:

I saw a picture of 20165 at Tinsley and couldn't help but notice... I'm not the only one to make an minor error with choosing locos and getting the bogie equalising beam incorrect. :no2:  Have at look at the lower horizontal beam on the bogie in this shot I saw on Flickr:

It's only a minor point though and your locos look absolutely superb..... as always :D

Cheers
Lee

Morning Peter, Love the work on the 20's especially the Buffer Shanks, superb work.

Evening Andy,

Thanks mate, I always put on a bit of silver I think it looks quite good.

Cheers Peter.

Great Work on the Class 20's Peter. Nice detailing work and weathering. 

As for the 142/150 combination, I remember seeing that regularly on the coast but obviously avoided it all costs!! 

cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Of course why would you when there were still plenty of loco hauled trains about.

Cheers Peter.

Great Work on the Class 20's Peter. Nice detailing work and weathering. 

As for the 142/150 combination, I remember seeing that regularly on the coast but obviously avoided it all costs!! 

cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Of course why would you when there were still plenty of loco hauled trains about. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Seems like there's a bit of a chopper fest going on at Llanbourne.... like it!!  :good:

I saw a picture of 20165 at Tinsley and couldn't help but notice... I'm not the only one to make an minor error with choosing locos and getting the bogie equalising beam incorrect. :no2:  Have at look at the lower horizontal beam on the bogie in this shot I saw on Flickr:

It's only a minor point though and your locos look absolutely superb..... as always :D

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I must say your 7mm 20 is a real beast. I have fallen for the old eqaulising beam variation before. My Lime pair had the wrong ones for a while but I sorted it the end.

My 20165 chassis does has the beams with holes, the pic of mt railfreight 023 above might have confused you. Both loco's are weathered now I will post up some pics tomorrow hopefully. I might list what I have done as there are a few differences among the class especially between the dics and Headcode versions.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looking good as always Peter.  Like many of us I loathe the 142s with a passion in real life but they have been a part of the scene for a while now and should be seen more often on suitable layouts.  The 20s are looking good too.