Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter

The GBRf and LUL ones have made an appearance a couple of times early on. The BR blue and Rf grey ones will make an appearance when the ICI hoppers arrive. How long that will be God only knows. They're on the lads layout at the moment. Will perhaps liberate them soon when he's not looking Haha.

Hi Marcus,

I must have missed them, a pair on some ICI hoppers will look nice, those old wagons latest until quite late. 

Cheers Peter.

No sulking now Master Cavan. I've told you before, there's no choppers unless you finish your layout! HaHaHa

You are of course right. I need to really get something meaningful done to the layout before the mansfield show in a week and a half!

Thanks Guys,

Here are a few more. 97407 has pick up a few wagons and is returning to Chester. 47561 on the vans.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Both of those pictures are excellent. I just love that 'Whistler', and the LE picture of it further up was great too.

That next section you've done with the oil siding is looking just so 'bedded in'.

Excellent observed modelling.

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 1

Hi Peter

Two really nice sets of photos with the 40, 33 and the 20s.

So often we,ve got to compromise with the curves on our layouts, your photos - (especially the 20s) look great on the realistic curve you've been able to build onto the Llanbourne extention.

Regards

Alan

Like what's been said, great pictures Peter. They take me back to childhood and teenagehood, especially the 20's on the Skeggies with different liveries and stock. I like the 40 too; looks like a hybrid Lima/Bachy chassis...certainly hits the spot over the standard Bachmann loco.

My favourite picture is the 33/1 bagpipe though; superb weathering. I can tell  you've a soft spot there; very realistic photo.

What a great angle to take photos from the 40 looks good and the 47 sweeping round the curve on the vans looks top aswell great railway chap.

Thanks, I do like this new part of the layout. The light seems better on this side of the garage too. I still have some more detail to add including signals. Hopefully I will get round to it sometime this year.

Cheers Peter. 

Once again if anyone or anything could turn me to the dark (blue) side it is you Peter and your layout. Super photos.

Thanks Alan,

I think we all get tempted to model something different, I have always been a fan of the S&D and have several books and DVDs of the line, not to mention a few steam loco's. May be one day I will build a small S&D layout but that will be after Mosshill which I haven't even started yet.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Both of those pictures are excellent. I just love that 'Whistler', and the LE picture of it further up was great too.

That next section you've done with the oil siding is looking just so 'bedded in'.

Excellent observed modelling.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty,

Hope you are feeling better. As I said I am really happy with the new section it has come together quite well, more scenic work needs doing and detail for the carriage sidings and yard. I am thinking of doing a LNWR lattice post signal for the approach to the station and a colour light job for the exit to the fiddleyard.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Two really nice sets of photos with the 40, 33 and the 20s.

So often we,ve got to compromise with the curves on our layouts, your photos - (especially the 20s) look great on the realistic curve you've been able to build onto the Llanbourne extention.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan,

When I started to build the extension I wanted the nice sweeping curve and I am happy with the result though it does mean the curve in the tunnel is quite tight.

Cheers Peter.

Like what's been said, great pictures Peter. They take me back to childhood and teenagehood, especially the 20's on the Skeggies with different liveries and stock. I like the 40 too; looks like a hybrid Lima/Bachy chassis...certainly hits the spot over the standard Bachmann loco.

My favourite picture is the 33/1 bagpipe though; superb weathering. I can tell  you've a soft spot there; very realistic photo.

Thanks Andrew,

I went out for the class 20s on the Skeggies a few times but both times a class 47 turned up so I never actually made it to Skeg.

97407 is a Lima/Bachy bodge I didn't like the first Bachmann class 40 at all. I had put a bit of work into my lima 40 so didn't want to sell it so picked up a cheap Bachmann 40  and gave the chassis swap a go. It's one of my favourite loco's. I do have two of the newer Bachmann class 40 which I think are very good though the pick ups need sorting to get them to run well.

Pushers didn't actually appear on the Cardiff/Crewe to Holyhead trains but I used to see them nearly every day when I lived in Sway so had to do one. 33111 was my favourite so choosing a number wasn't hard. I had a go at the fiberglass roof section on this one too which came up ok so I will have to do the others at some point.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-90129900-1456618080_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-20030200-1456618236_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-35530500-1456618297_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Nice job again Peter, I would go to Fratton in my Lunch Hour when I worked in Portsmouth or Fareham when I worked when I worked over there, and I must say that the 33's along with the Hoovers were my favourites. Having done a Scottish Branch, (Glen Roy) small Blue Diesels (Cl 26 & 27's) still appeal, I still enjoy my 25 Sound when I want something different.

Excellent weathering on that one too.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Nice to see 122 earning her keep.  I had a bit of a double take on that photo as I thought it was real at first, particularly seeing the real crompton in the picture below. I had to go back for a second view to check!!

The weathering and finish on her is exquisite.

Keep the pics coming... it's always good to see a whistler appearing as all yours are finished to a very high and realistic standard (only hope I can get mine half as close).

Cheers

Lee

• Like 2

Nice job again Peter, I would go to Fratton in my Lunch Hour when I worked in Portsmouth or Fareham when I worked when I worked over there, and I must say that the 33's along with the Hoovers were my favourites. Having done a Scottish Branch, (Glen Roy) small Blue Diesels (Cl 26 & 27's) still appeal, I still enjoy my 25 Sound when I want something different.

Excellent weathering on that one too.

Hi Andy thanks mate,

Yep always liked my class 33s. Must admit I like the 26 & 27s too. But having see all and had haulage on all but a few and worked with them class 33s are still a firm favourite.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

Nice to see 122 earning her keep.  I had a bit of a double take on that photo as I thought it was real at first, particularly seeing the real crompton in the picture below. I had to go back for a second view to check!!

The weathering and finish on her is exquisite.

Keep the pics coming... it's always good to see a whistler appearing as all yours are finished to a very high and realistic standard (only hope I can get mine half as close).

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

122 hasn't seen much work recently but its due out on a ballast this week. I am sure your 7mm class 40 will look superb, it's already looking pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1