Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Yes, for my sins, from 1985 to 1989. I wanted the GWR style on the plates to match the style of the painted name when it was running as 25322/912.

Credit for "saving" it should go to the guys in the ER M&EE training department at the time - we just found a home for it. Some of the Holbeck staff took on the repaint as a spare time project although some of the materials were paid for by BR.

The Sherwood Green came from Precision Paints (in a larger-than-standard tin fortunately).

You would have been leaving the year I started, though I was just a shunter.

25322 wasn't the only 25 to get the Castle name there were a few other unofficial ones painted during the late 80s.  

I can just imagine some guys painting a full size loco with a small tin, it would take a while.lol I think Precision and railmatch have both provided Paint to BR for special repaints over the years.

Cheers Peter.

A bit of a train day today. On the way to SRmans BRMA meeting I called into the my local preserved line. I thought they had a train running today but it was just driver training on the K class and T class diesel. 

This evening I finished a loco that has been on the workbench the last few weeks. Something a bit different.

34069 Hawkinge is just a renumber and weathering job I have added a crew but still need to get an AWS box for the front. I have ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-62708000-1471697129_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-10453200-1471697162_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-47874700-1471697195_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-20899700-1471697255_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-73740600-1471697303_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-19711100-1471697334_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

I too enjoyed the day. Great to see the K running at Mornington. Never really been there for a ride or even a snoop around!

I think SRman was tired when, we hangers, on left about an hour ago!

Nice BoB.  Not a regular visitor to Llanbourne by any means.  A good day at Jeff's; thanks for the lift. 

Thanks Rick, No worries it was good to catch up.

Cheers Peter.

I too enjoyed the day. Great to see the K running at Mornington. Never really been there for a ride or even a snoop around!

I think SRman was tired when, we hangers, on left about an hour ago!

Hi Doug,

It's worth coming down on a running day the K class or one of the two T class normally work the train down to Mornington then run round and come back it's not a long stretch of line but a good run.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

A bit of a train day today. On the way to SRmans BRMA meeting I called into the my local preserved line. I thought they had a train running today but it was just driver training on the K class and T class diesel. 

This evening I finished a loco that has been on the workbench the last few weeks. Something a bit different.

34069 Hawkinge is just a renumber and weathering job I have added a crew but still need to get an AWS box for the front. I have ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet.

Cheers Peter.

Now that IS what I call nice weathering Peter, I fancy doing one like that but not on the current fleet, unless I can fit shorter Smoke Deflectors to Bude and re name that one.

Now that IS what I call nice weathering Peter, I fancy doing one like that but not on the current fleet, unless I can fit shorter Smoke Deflectors to Bude and re name that one.

Thanks Andy,

I don't mind doing the old Steamers I had to look at a few pics but found a few nice 60s shots of Spam cans in run down condition so copied them.

The loco ran well on my mates exhibition layout on Sunday I had great fun running a few Southern loco's I really liked the sound in some of the loco's too.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-70254600-1471872132_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-11905600-1471872147_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

As I mentioned last week a good friend of mine repainted a class 25 for me, he has done a great job and all I have done is re model the oversize Bachmann jumper cable and sockets. I repainted the buffers too as from most photo's I found 25912  had grey painted buffers I also added  single blue star transfers to each end which is a bit unusual as most loco's have two each end. Thanks again to Simon for doing this for me.

Also on the workbench is a red stripe class 31.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-12531700-1471943353_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-15088600-1471943398_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

I really like the 25 the painted on name looks very good. Its a very good model mate . Whats the plan for the ped mate

Thanks Mate,

I am well happy with the 25. The Ped will be 31149, just a plan old red stripe loco. I found a nice pic of the loco on flickr and have onr myself of the loco arriving at Derby on a Parcel van.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Love the BoB Pete, I have something of a soft spot for those having fired both 53 and 27. Never been on an unrebuilt one though, I'd love to have a nosey on one as they are full of 40's innovations. For true authenticity you should have some burning flesh on the steam brake handle and the injectors should be trying their best to empty the tender into the 6 foot!

I never managed to see Tamworth Castle, which given it was local to me in Leeds for so long was amazing (and not to say disappointing!). I was never convinced that they got the cab windows right in large logo livery and your version really captures that uncomfortable application.

Hi Peter

Sorry haven't popped in for a while. Been rather hectic round here recently.

More superb pictures and videos I see.

Rather concerned about the mobile tea urn though. HaHaHa.

Must confess I have had 6201 "Princess Elizabeth" from Crewe to Holyhead along the Coast back in 1990.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Love the BoB Pete, I have something of a soft spot for those having fired both 53 and 27. Never been on an unrebuilt one though, I'd love to have a nosey on one as they are full of 40's innovations. For true authenticity you should have some burning flesh on the steam brake handle and the injectors should be trying their best to empty the tender into the 6 foot!

I never managed to see Tamworth Castle, which given it was local to me in Leeds for so long was amazing (and not to say disappointing!). I was never convinced that they got the cab windows right in large logo livery and your version really captures that uncomfortable application.

Thanks Mate,

Always had a soft spot for the Bullieds I saw and rode on Bodmin when I was a nipper. 

I saw Tamworth Castle a few times but both at open days so never saw it running. I think the windows are not helped by the fact they are not quite right on the Bachmann loco. My model might be improved by some flush fitted windows.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, I don't know if you've seen this from Eastleigh in the 1990's, the quality isn't brilliant but the Stock and movements are very good.

Thanks Andy,

I haven't seen that before, very interesting. I might get a visit to Eastleigh when I am over in a few weeks tough it 's not as good as it used to be.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Sorry haven't popped in for a while. Been rather hectic round here recently.

More superb pictures and videos I see.

Rather concerned about the mobile tea urn though. HaHaHa.

Must confess I have had 6201 "Princess Elizabeth" from Crewe to Holyhead along the Coast back in 1990.

Cheers

Marcus

No worries Mate,

It's been a bit hectic here too. I have a few things on the go but having trouble finding time to get out to the garage. Don't worry about the steamer I only have a few. lol

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy,

I haven't seen that before, very interesting. I might get a visit to Eastleigh when I am over in a few weeks tough it 's not as good as it used to be.

Cheers Peter.

I went into Eastleigh  the other Thursday morning, arrived about 10.30 and stayed for about 3/4 of an hour, there was a Colas 70 parked in the Yard, a double headed Freightliner pair of 66's came through from Maritime and did a Crew Change and there was a couple of 66 parked up in the far distance, I was really disappointed.

Same for Didcot earlier in the same morning, I arrived there about 9 am, and stayed for just over half an hour and saw NO FREIGHT at all.

Things ain't what they used to be, :no: .

• Like 1

You want to try south of Exeter, practically only one freight a WEEK... :(

In my part of Dorset, most weekends you can't even find a train,  between Weymouth and Bournemouth let alone any freight! Do a horrible line in replacement buses though.

• 2 weeks later...