Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

On the killing front yesterday, the train doors opened but before I could step out a yoof, maskless,  tried to barge past me.  I dropped a shoulder and flattened him.  Bruised ribs or hopefully worse.  Richard and Dave know the technique, standard tackle in our day, now a red card!

Bill

Blimey, cricket has certainly changed !

• Funny 12

1 hour ago, bbishop said:

On the killing front yesterday, the train doors opened but before I could step out a yoof, maskless,  tried to barge past me.  I dropped a shoulder and flattened him.  Bruised ribs or hopefully worse.  Richard and Dave know the technique, standard tackle in our day, now a red card!

I've had a haircut this morning, look human again.  Of course, fifty years ago it was thick, dark brown, shoulder length.  When I got up this morning it was tufty, grey, shoulder length.

Bill

Good move to change your appearance to avoid identification.

I did a similar tackle on a  lycra clad cycling lout charging down the pavement without a care for others  shortly  after  they arrived  on said pavement about 2 ft off the ground after crossing the road. 

The lightest of contact was required and their momentum and a wall did the rest. 

Not much to report from SM42 Towers. A quick bit of garden tidying, and a few errands run in and off to bed now to prepare for nights again.

Modelling has taken a back seat for a while, but it's good to have a break occasionally I'm told. 

I might get the lawn cut on my day off this Friday. I've got some wooden toys to repair for Mrs SM42's work by Monday and raft of other jobs she has delegated and somehow fit work in as well.

I think I will be lucky to get some modelling time in before the end of the month

Andy

Who has really lost track of what day it is. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Good move to change your appearance to avoid identification.

I did a similar tackle on a  lycra clad cycling lout charging down the pavement without a care for others  shortly  after  they arrived  on said pavement about 2 ft off the ground after crossing the road. 

The lightest of contact was required and their momentum and a wall did the rest. 

Not much to report from SM42 Towers. A quick bit of garden tidying, and a few errands run in and off to bed now to prepare for nights again.

Modelling has taken a back seat for a while, but it's good to have a break occasionally I'm told. 

I might get the lawn cut on my day off this Friday. I've got some wooden toys to repair for Mrs SM42's work by Monday and raft of other jobs she has delegated and somehow fit work in as well.

I think I will be lucky to get some modelling time in before the end of the month

Andy

Never mind what's a weekend? What's a day?

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Never mind what's a weekend? What's a day?

I remember weekends

They had them in the last century but they seem to have died out 

Andy

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

We braved the outside world this morning and went to the local garden centre.  I was only taken to carry large drums of chicken manure and bags of horticultural grit.  when I go home I was required to deliver it to the top of the garden.

Later on in the afternoon, it was a trip to Much Mowing of the Grass and a tour of the house collecting stuff for tomorrow's recycling collection.

Tomorrow I have the delights of an Abdominal Aortic Aneurism screening.  The last time I had an ultrasound scan it was at the PRH when I had an odd lump on my sternum (It's still there)  I was ushered into a room and two rather fit looking blondes (obviously of Viking extraction) in fitted white uniforms helped me get my shirt off and lay me down on a couch.  They then proceeded to rub lots of lubrication fluid over my upper body and then switched on this thing which buzzed and ran it over my quaking torso.

'Are you comfortable?' the younger one asked.

I think I replied in some form of gibberish!

I'm not hopeful I'll get similar tomorrow.

• Funny 12

18 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

We braved the outside world this morning and went to the local garden centre.  I was only taken to carry large drums of chicken manure and bags of horticultural grit.  when I go home I was required to deliver it to the top of the garden.

Later on in the afternoon, it was a trip to Much Mowing of the Grass and a tour of the house collecting stuff for tomorrow's recycling collection.

Tomorrow I have the delights of an Abdominal Aortic Aneurism screening.  The last time I had an ultrasound scan it was at the PRH when I had an odd lump on my sternum (It's still there)  I was ushered into a room and two rather fit looking blondes (obviously of Viking extraction) in fitted white uniforms helped me get my shirt off and lay me down on a couch.  They then proceeded to rub lots of lubrication fluid over my upper body and then switched on this thing which buzzed and ran it over my quaking torso.

Really HH I think we should draw a veil over this don't you.

What would Nadya say.:P

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

This is being discussed on another forum:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

Personally I don't think he survived. Jumping from an aircraft over Washington state in late November is risky enough but dressed in ordinary street clothes is suicide. Part of the ransom money washed up in the Columbia river eight years later which suggests that he landed in or near the river.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

At least it is a semi-understandable reason for jumping out of a fully serviceable aircraft. There are, of course, those who walk freely among us who do such things for what they regard as 'fun' but who are actually seriously in need of help. I believe that liberal applications of cake can help in some instances.

Any resemblance to person or persons known on this forum is purely coincidental :rolleyes:.

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11

Hmm that might do but there are of course other such librations that  would perform the same service. I think a period of testing might be called for. Just out of scientific curiosity of course. Just need some test subjects.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

libration

n. an apparent or real oscillation of the moon, by which parts near the edge of the disc that are often not visible from the earth sometimes come into view.

I'm confused. From the context, I had assumed it was an alcoholic drink pored out by a middle-aged lady with a bun, pince-nez, and finger to her lips.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

Evening all,

I found myself with to much time last night, and a brand new water gauge. So I built up the nerve to carefully fit it to the engine, and seems to have gone well. It is just a tad tight, so I’ll try a steam test tomorrow and will see what happens. 

I also painted the hand pump, and obviously missed the bit by the fittings as it was covered slightly by some masking tape. I have yet to line the PMR and USA details though, as I’m out of Testors’ “Euro Dark Green.” 

16A4556A-F879-4A90-A91F-2406639FF2AB.jpeg.383ff1ece62588993d323a8b9afaa7fd.jpeg

295EEC19-3966-47B7-BA50-852AB35D2567.jpeg.c8a9f7c96737bd8bea3493d5f6aa19a0.jpeg

609EF714-4C04-4402-B3C7-156E7CAE6726.jpeg.7b277b0c5de08aa13a7acbffb716289a.jpeg

With regards to the tank, I have two 1/4 40 boiler bushings sitting around now, (they came with the new water gauge) so I’m thinking of buying some brass tube, soldering it to a square brass sheet base, and plumbing the inlet to the pump into a bushing soldered into the side. That’s not final though, HH’s over and up solution would also work. 

Douglas

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

51 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

n. an apparent or real oscillation of the moon, by which parts near the edge of the disc that are often not visible from the earth sometimes come into view.

I'm confused. From the context, I had assumed it was an alcoholic drink pored out by a middle-aged lady with a bun, pince-nez, and finger to her lips.

Look this has got to stop. It was bad enough with HH sharing his fantasies with us, don't you start. What blondes in tight fitting nurses uniforms and you with your pince-nez (sounds painful that) what your Douglas be thinking.:P

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Take a Cake offering.  You'll be fine.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

15 hours ago, pH said:
20 hours ago, SM42 said:

Andy

It’s Blurday - there are seven of them every week.

I find that I have to do something different once a week, otherwise I loose track of the what day it is. What day is it? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

This is being discussed on another forum:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

Personally I don't think he survived. Jumping from an aircraft over Washington state in late November is risky enough but dressed in ordinary street clothes is suicide. Part of the ransom money washed up in the Columbia river eight years later which suggests that he landed in or near the river.

I enjoyed this. I have a cat called Cooper, and unlike the missing Dan, he really is a terrorist, and daily mugs me for cuddles. 

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1