Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

• RMweb Premium
On 27/06/2021 at 17:43, alastairq said:

It seems Gina has been there before with the medical folk?

I should think having Matt doing your heart op would be enough to bring on a terminal seizure. It would seem La Lollo had better taste - or better opportunities - than La Cola.

Edited by Compound2632
typo
  • Funny 1

Woke up this morning to discover that Matt "Totally F-cking Hopeless" Hancock had been replaced as Secretary of State for Health & Thinning Hair by a member of the Addams Family

Has anyone noticed the similarity between the new Secretary of State for Health, Sanjiv Javid, and Uncle Fester from the Addams Family?  Could they be related? 

302165035_Blank2001-Copy.jpg.5ef0d1ae767151f05374950ce506fbd1.jpg

• Funny 10

39 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Woke up this morning to discover that Matt "Totally F-cking Hopeless" Hancock had been replaced as Secretary of State for Health & Thinning Hair by a member of the Addams Family

Has anyone noticed the similarity between the new Secretary of State for Health, Sanjiv Javid, and Uncle Fester from the Addams Family?  Could they be related? 

I think the Ministry of Health would be better run under Fester!  Free lighting is a bonus. 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

I think the Ministry of Health would be better run under Fester!  Free lighting is a bonus. 

Indeed, a senior politician should be judged on their performance not their appearance. At least I assume that was the principle Gina was applying.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Funny 7

39 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

The Ministry of Health (and other ministries I could name) would be better run by people who know what it's like at the sharp end, rather than politicians and civil servants who don't have a scooby about the real world!

Jim (who worked in health care for 38 years)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Here we have Lord Voldemort in charge of making asylum seekers wish they were still back  in Syria getting bombed on.

image.png.7dbb0f1f9e4efa722c2b469fb2bee5df.png

Why does that photo have an uncanny effect of seeming to loom at me.  :O

• Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Excellent.

If I knew how to embed you tube videos, you could hear the one I was thinking of: Walkin’ Blues by Robert Johnson.

But I don’t. So, you can’t.

Anything to oblige a Parishioner 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

The Ministry of Health (and other ministries I could name) would be better run by people who know what it's like at the sharp end, rather than politicians and civil servants who don't have a scooby about the real world!

Jim (who worked in health care for 38 years)

You could always offer them dental care at the CA surgery. Just don't tell them that you won't administer local anaesthetic before using the pedal-operated drill...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Bring back William Hague, at least you knew where you were with the Mekon!

image.png.efd4581b5e34b9bebd3eb8aa01f0e3fa.pngimage.png.52381cbbe70255cdf7b61c97c1bbd9cb.png

Edited by Hroth
Hate trying to do stuff on tablets...
  • Funny 3

sings "I'm Tired Of All Those Blues Blues"*

How about something with a bit more snap to it, and Railway Related too!

* Don't get me wrong, I like the blues, but too much is like hitting the John Dowland vibe, or Joy Division all afternoon...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Northroader said:

Playin’ the blues, eh? Here’s one to cover Hancocks half hour

https://letsloop.com/artist/temperance-seven-plus-one/song/laughing-blues

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

44 minutes ago, Hroth said:

sings "I'm Tired Of All Those Blues Blues"*

How about something with a bit more snap to it, and Railway Related too!

* Don't get me wrong, I like the blues, but too much is like hitting the John Dowland vibe, or Joy Division all afternoon...

Excellent.

Chaps, you've got us back on track .....

766162447_PasadenaSantaFeDepot02.jpg.23ec1e4abe95137befe6768b44964eaf.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Here we have Lord Voldemort in charge of making asylum seekers wish they were still back  in Syria getting bombed on.

image.png.7dbb0f1f9e4efa722c2b469fb2bee5df.png

We have a Lady Voldemort, who would like asylum seekers to the UK, wishing likewise while in a processing centre far, far away.

2040.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

A very atypical expression, she usually goes around with a fixed grin/smirk.  But she doesn't like being told so. Perhaps she's practicing the Hard Hearted Hannah look?

Sorry.....   :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1