Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, mullie said:

Easton on Portland. Came across the causeway from England at sea level then had to climb round the island to reach the station at 285 feet above sea level. Sadly never made any money and the station is no longer there.

Martyn

;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A branch line terminus belonging to the western or southern? Can I have one of each. They are very very close to each other.

(Great) Western, the eastern terminus of their Hammersmith and City branch line, Liverpool Street (Metropolitan).

Southern, OK this is more like the LB&SCR, the northern terminus of the East London branch line, Liverpool Street (GER).

• Like 5

3 hours ago, landscapes said:

Many thanks Gilbert, now I remember thats where I purchased my water columns.

Regards

David

Thanks Gilbert and David - it was me asking the questions on Facebook.

I've been following your layouts for some time - inspirational stuff. 

Best,

Colin

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Poll result. Votes split between many places, but the first two in were for Ashburton, and that was enough to win.

Today we will look at the Scottish region of BR and predecessors. Same criteria as yesterday. Part of the reason for choosing this was to see how Clive will try to justify voting for Liverpool Street again.:mosking:

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

A bucolic branch line terminus, but not exactly a "country" branch line... 

Addiscombe

Bucolic indeed, an absolute haven for a fortnight as relief SM. The excellent Mrs Jhalli, sari et al, making life easy with accountancy and timesheets etc. 1978 was a different world.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Cor blimey, how the 'ell can I justify Liverpool Street on this one? 

Well I give up so my vote today goes to Fort Augustus Pier station, as suggested by Gus the Gundog.

His choice is almost as obscure and inspired as yours usually are, Clive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

A quick question if you don't mind, the water column in the foreground of this photo as you know are the same as the ones I am using in Haymarket.

Some of which you kindly gave me some time ago.

Where did they come from?

I have it in my mind it was a model railway shop in Norfolk or was it Mikes Models.

Can you remember, as someone on a modelling website on Facebook has asked if they are still available.

Regards

David

The Mikes Models water cranes are still available from Holts in Swansea. He doesnt have a website but is always helpful by phone.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Scottish bucolic terminus? Fort Augustus Pier would probably be too busy with folk changing onto the boat for the run up Loch Ness. I will go for Strathpeffer. Victorian splendour and a reminder that they refused to let the main line to Kyle go through.

Lloyd

• Like 3