Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

The film in #7018 includes a glimpse of the very rarely photographed Langford goods yard (never a station there (although Station Road still exists), just a goods yard) - blink and you'll miss it...

I'll leave it now to get back on topic!!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Gilbert - you should just go and get a Mac - they just work - straight out of the box, no faffing around and hugely user-friendly

And they even work when the hard drive has had to be replaced - just don't ask how I know!  But I definitely much prefer the Mac to a PC and the operating system is far more stable but things do take a bit of getting used to.

• RMweb Premium

I haven't visited Peterborough for a few days so i hope by now you have sold the surplus C12. I would have been sorely tempted by the GC N5 'pilot' and would have offered coaches for swaps! 

Get thee behind me Larry!  You know how best to tempt me, don't you? And sorely tempted I was, but an N5 is essential for 1958. Or could I get another one somehow? Those Gresleys of yours always have me sighing and wishing.

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert - you should just go and get a Mac - they just work - straight out of the box, no faffing around and hugely user-friendly

But one of those would cost me lots of money that is needed for coaching stock, so I'll have to put up with what I've got.

You do plug a wireless mouse into the laptop don't you? :scratchhead:

You do then disable the keyboard touchpad don't you? :scratchhead:

Failing that, put a thin piece of card over the touchpad when typing.  Its usually the heel of you hands that brush the touchpad inadvertently. :boast:

Excellent photos again Gilbert.  It was always windy on platform 2 causing things to lean over much of the time. :jester:

Late response. I do like the "thin piece of card" advice, Mick. It's about as technically advanced as I can manage! ;)

Hal

Just don't use old christmas cards Tony, that damn glitter gets everywhere :jester:

I was just going to press "funny" but I imagine that could be very serious!  :scared: lol - and exactly what I would have done! (return Twinkly Robin to box... )

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Get thee behind me Larry!  You know how best to tempt me, don't you? And sorely tempted I was, but an N5 is essential for 1958. Or could I get another one somehow? Those Gresleys of yours always have me sighing and wishing.

The loco I really really need is a GC C13 4-4-2T that I can fit with auto-vac gear for my GC push-pull set, and so you can guess the amount of times I have kicked myself for not buying the RTR one a couple of years back. I know your N5 is essential for Peterborough and I was just pulling your leg. I have had a slimming down session of ex LMS stock recently and the coaches are going to a good home. With the ex LNER coaches, it was actually better to scrap & replace seeing as some Hornby donors were going cheap.

I do like track level shots - they are so much more realistic than birds eye views. It may be me,but one of the things that I hate in the mags is when you get the birds eye views of a beautifully modelled station, and you can see the arse end of the train at 90 degrees to the bit in the platform, because it has to deal with being built in a small space,

With PN you have the room to do big panoramic shots, yet somehow shots like this have even more impact - well worth the contortions Gilbert.

Now I'm off to sook an orange!

Edited by bigwordsmith

The GNR coach extreme left (Engineers Dept?) is a nice touch, which along with the GNR signalbox adds identity to the place. Colour shots for me Gilbert. No one but extremists would have bothered with black & white had colour been invented first ha ha.

EDIT: Bigwordsmith beat me to it....

Edited by coachmann