Glenuig

sixteen 12by 10s

• 3 months later...

I have been following this layout since I saw it at Nottingham. Since then I have attempted to go to E M and have started making some copper clad turnouts, and re wheeling some deisels. Joined this site only last night and just want to say how much this layout has inspired me. The atmosphere and modeling capture is superb. I hope to see it again in the flesh this coming season of shows.perhaps you can list when and where.

Regards Pete.s

• Like 1

I have been following this layout since I saw it at Nottingham. Since then I have attempted to go to E M and have started making some copper clad turnouts, and re wheeling some deisels. Joined this site only last night and just want to say how much this layout has inspired me. The atmosphere and modeling capture is superb. I hope to see it again in the flesh this coming season of shows.perhaps you can list when and where.

Regards Pete.s

Yes, welcome to the forum Pete

I'm sure you'll find much more inspiration on rmweb

Good luck with your project...

I am also dabbling (for the 2nd time!!) in EM

Let us know how you get on...

Good choice of inspiration too :)

Cheers

Hi again

sorry about the short reply, here's a bit more detailed post. Pete and Marc, good luck with your EM gauge projects. The best advise I can give, is that if you are new to the gauge, do as little as possible to achieve your aims. Most of my stuff, runs on RTR wheels, just re gauged, with the kit built stock on Jacksons, again just re-gauged.

Marc, you started me thinking with your “Wales, Rails, Rain & Steel” and my next venture is to feature drama, moody lighting, thunder, and rain, the location Bridge of Orchy the scale 2mm ish!

Here's the first bit, a Farish 37 repainted and the body dropped to reduce the gap between the body and bogies.

Gary

post-7480-0-99918900-1349815282.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Gary, since I saw you at Midland Railex I am suprised at your change to 2mm, :O as you were going mad after just an hour with that little thing you had in a FISH TANK :no: How big a layout are you thinking of? Cheers Andy.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Pete and Andrew.

Pete, I have not got much further, due to the need to find space in the workshop. A few good things have come out of the exercise, Glenuig, now has a home, before it was ether on the work bench, or stood on end on the workshop floor. A major re-org, (and several trips to the tip) means it is now in a safe place and I have found some more space to spare. So with the bench clear the opportunity was there,................. for some DIY :-(

Going forward, with the 2mm, the next step, is to draw out the plan on Templot, and then design the base boards. As soon as I have some news I will start a new thread, so keep your eye open.

Andrew, the “fish tank” I started building that layout, years before Glenuig, but exhibited it for the first time in April. After it sent me mad at Midland Railex, and I said no more, I have ended up with some more invites!.

Gary

Hi Pete and Andrew.

Andrew, the “fish tank” I started building that layout, years before Glenuig, but exhibited it for the first time in April. After it sent me mad at Midland Railex, and I said no more, I have ended up with some more invites!.

Gary

That will teach you, you build such interesting little layouts, hahaha hohohohoho :no:

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Its been quite some time since Glenuig appeared this far up the “layout chart” so to speak, and its a few months since the layout has seen the light of day!. Since Wigan show it has been packed up in a corner of the workshop, but now its time to evict the spiders and clean the track.

Glenuig is booked to appear at Stafford show on the 2nd and 3rd of February, and this is one of a few local ventures planed for the year.

At the end of last year, a few PM's passed over to north of the boarder, and this has concluded in an a appearance of Glenuig, at Model Rail Scotland on the 22-23-24th of February this year. It has been quite an eventful few weeks, with booking floating holidays and negotiating shift patterns at work.

This will mean that the work on Bridge of Orchy will slow, but that's not a bad thing, at the pace it was going at, my wallet couldn’t keep up.

So see you all at the shows, and watch out for the seagulls

Gary

At the end of last year, a few PM's passed over to north of the boarder, and this has concluded in an a appearance of Glenuig, at Model Rail Scotland on the 22-23-24th of February this year. been quite an eventful few weeks, with booking floating holidays and negotiating shift patterns at work.

So see you all at the shows, and watch out for the seagulls

Hi Gary, yeah, I would warn everyone in Glasgow about the seagulls... They can fly off in any direction, they got loose at Nottingham and we all had to duck. (for the gulls not ducks). Anyway see you there.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk

Hi all

Dave, I am going to make a governing devise for the birds, and the missus (Jan) say's can she lunch with you?.

Stewart , I had to have a double take, and check that it said 2013 on the invite! , I had turned an offer down this year because of a high workload in January, but it just happened that I usually have a few days off in February, so it was just a matter of shifting things around. Two weeks after Model rail Scotland, I am at Macclesfield with the slate quarry. And then Sutton Coalfield with Glenuig and then a good break till the autumn,

The biggest problem I am going to encounter, is getting the layout, the good lady, the layout, and the good lady's luggage in the Yarris!

Gary Hinson

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Glenuig has been recovered from its storage place, where it has been since Wigan show. The spiders have been evicted and the track cleaned. Yesterday morning, I hadn't a fellow operator lined up for Stafford, and just when I was starting to sweat, and think that it was going to be another “wigan” where I ended doing the two days on my own, (with a little help) just like buses, three offers turned up!

A few bits of maintenance have been done, one rail had lost a feed, and I had one of those springy bits on a fulgurex point motor switch go ping. The seagull rotator has been fitted with a new speed controller, to stop them escaping.

Mark and Frank, looking forward to seeing you at the upcoming shows, Glasgow will be particularly interesting, my wonderful other half (she reads this) “Janice” will be accompanying me north of the boarder, and after the end of the show, we have decided to stay in Scotland for a few days, so making it a bit of a holiday.

So see you all at Stafford

Gary

post-7480-0-44185300-1359640103_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Gary, I will see you on Sat at Stafford, I hope you have a good weekend and KEEP THEM DAMMED SEAGULS UNDER CONTROL, :O  or shoud it be the Missis, :no:  hahahaaaa

I have just recieved my TMC 37, Loch Eil, plated and very lightly weathered it looks the the DOGS B :nono:

C U SAT

Andy. :sungum:

• Like 1

Hi all

Dave, I am going to make a governing devise for the birds, and the missus (Jan) say's can she lunch with you?.

Stewart , I had to have a double take, and check that it said 2013 on the invite! , I had turned an offer down this year because of a high workload in January, but it just happened that I usually have a few days off in February, so it was just a matter of shifting things around. Two weeks after Model rail Scotland, I am at Macclesfield with the slate quarry. And then Sutton Coalfield with Glenuig and then a good break till the autumn,

The biggest problem I am going to encounter, is getting the layout, the good lady, the layout, and the good lady's luggage in the Yarris!

Gary Hinson

Hi Gary, sorry I've just caught up with this thread, been rather busy, (I'll tell you later). Yes of course Jan can buy me lunch or is that not what she meant. I get this all the time you know just ask Jamie. :sungum:

See you both at Glasgow.

All the best,

Dave.

(edited for fat fingers)

Edited by davefrk

Hi Gary,

I will be travelling through to Glasgow on the Friday and looking forward to seeing Glenuig in the flesh. Hopefully get a chance to chat as I think we might have something in common. :boast: !

Bill.

post-3775-0-14232000-1359754295.jpg

post-3775-0-50104300-1359754310.jpg

• Like 1