The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

16 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

the purpose being to establish if there has been any loss of feeling in the toe which would be an early indicator of a circulatory problem

I get the impression that a loss of feeling in this particular toe at this particular time might be a welcome relief, but that is intentionally facetious.

Nor do I wish to diminish your point, toes are a good indicator of healthy circulation and symptoms (besides lack of feeling, like the dreaded pins and needles of diabetic neuropathy) are also indicators.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 4
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

20190625_074656.jpg

Can't we get away from talk of Boris anywhere?

Edited by TheQ
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold

Mawning from a wet north Herts where sleep was interrupted by persisting it downs. Muggerteas consumed and just off to take car in for service then back and somewhat tied to house as various non railway modelling packages may arrive and need to be signed for. That may also provide an excuse to watch and panic over the sky-blue pyjamas against the green&gold pyjamas - have a good day Bill! 

Best to all, see you later.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A bit late on parade this morning, I must have needed the rest. Thankfully Sheila had a good night's sleep, which she is still participating in at the moment. She mentioned earlier that the strapped up wrist is feeling much better today, so hopefully the worst is over. She's going to have some lovely bruises in the next couple of days. 

Off now to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, back later. 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The rain really hammered down last night but no evidence of thunder and lightening. Bright sunshine at the moment but very muggy so thunder and lightening is still possible. Tea has been drunk so its be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Warm here. Low 30s, this is normal, the heatwave starts tomorrow. However we are going on a trip to Switzerland tomorrow which includes a train ride. The excursion departs well before breakfast but Aditi has negotiated a couple of breakfast boxes from hotel reception. Being the kind of person who needs to know I have found the place the coach collects us tomorrow. “Opposite the Q8 garage next to the traffic lights near the front of the  hotel “. The bit that confused me was what was the front of the hotel but once I had determined that it was easy. 

Aditi has been swimming. I don’t like swimming and so haven’t been. 

Toes and feet. Aditi mentioned a foot problem to the diabetic nurse. She agreed that it should be seen to but to all intents and purposes there were no podiatry appointments locally. So she went to the chap who used to do her nails when first diagnosed with diabetes. Her nails were in poor condition then but since getting the diabetes treated and under control her nails are in good condition. He is the podiatrist for a Southend United but I don’t think he can be blamed for their performance! Not sure if a sports podiatrist would do ingrowing toe nails though. Has anyone suggested a bread poultice yet? Matthew was prescribed the modern chemical equivalent when he smashed his nail into his thumb. 

Tony

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Chewsday moaning.

Quiet yesterday best I recall, just rolling along with work.

THEN, off to IKEA, flat-pack haven, mostly to look at various options the Mrs is considering for a number of things, cabinet handles near the top of the list, the new place has an "IKEA kitchen".

Ate there, as we were there, meh...

16 and sunny first thing, headed for 27 and a warming trend continuing with low 30s by the weekend and threats of thunderstorms - joy!

Carry on.

• Like 19

I've had to adjust this joke as it was non pc.

An Englishman, an Englishman and an Englishman in a pub.

The Englishman said "England are the best 1 day cricket team in the World at present."

The Englishman replied "Yes, they are favourites for the ICC World Cup."

The Englishman agreed.

And they had a jolly good drink and they ............

• Like 1
  • Funny 13