The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

11 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Do any ERs think they are likely to be be conscripted? Someone mentioned about older recalled doctors. One of the things they could be doing apparently is countersigning death certificates(Cremation requires two signatures )  releasing more currently qualified doctors from the admin task. Aditi’s brother in law GP could have retired a year ago. Aditi asked her sister if he regretted not doing so. “Every morning now”.

Tony

I've filled in the paperwork - wait and see.

Bill

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Goodnight awl.

Baz

PS remember the awl is watching and several entries are bending the rule of ERs..avoid model railways....

We used to use the phrase 'Avoid like the plague'.

Perhaps we ought to update to 'Avoid like Covid19'?

• Like 13
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

We used to use the phrase 'Avoid like the plague'.

Perhaps we ought to update to 'Avoid like Covid19'?

My layout is called Deadmans Lane [*] - good job it didn't go to Ally Pally.

[*] DL is an actual road name in Derby The name relates to The Great Plague in 1665. Andy Leopard will be familiar with the location. (The buildings on the right are part of the RTC site at Derby)

1312676740_DLsign.jpg.a78b65183b16e417ad71b03480054034.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Our neighbours made it back today about 4 pm. A little late as we're only 3 hours from the border, and they were about an hour past that. Dayle said Hi; they have 14 days CB coming up. 

Found that the good bookstore in town is now shut but will deliver books. Big pet food store was also shut when we went -- didn't check hours.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold

Just been exchanging messages with brother in HK  on something that I had already planned ot try and do this morning. With three people now to be staying at Mums her supply of toilet rolls food and cleaning stuff wont last very long so I will try and get what I can from Sainsburys.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

7 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Not being snarky but you have made the common mistake , the line is actually ' he will come '

Not a mistake. I am familiar with the dialog (and it's in the link I posted, I did check). The commonly misquoted version was better in context. 

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

1 hour ago, BR60103 said:

Found that the good bookstore in town is now shut

Portland's famous "Powell's Books" is closed as well. They don't believe they can maintain the recommended social distance guidelines between shoppers.

Their online store is open.

A local pizza chain is offering free toilet paper with a $15 pizza of any size purchase.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Funny 2