Farish Class 101

TomE

I do hope the the 101 comes out in NSE at some point - although I have a gut feeling it may not - as the 108 hasnt been done in NSE , even though the 00 gauge version has.. I hope im wrong though - this and the Dapol 121 should keep up peoples interest in 1st generation units - so hopefully there will be demand for a nice nse met camm!

tfn

Jon

• RMweb Gold

I'd also cast a vote for the 101 in NSE livery, though I have a feeling we may be disappointed, given that Bachmann regard NSE as a poor seller. The EP looks really promising and I really hope that some sort of close-coupling can be achieved between cars.

A nicerefurbished blue/grey set will do me nicely for now though, thanks. biggrin.gif

I've a feeling NSE might make a comeback soon, with all these Southern units and DMUs now available plus decent Mk1 and Mk2 coaches I think they'll give it one last go to satisfy the market then move on.

But how that will extend to N gauge will depend on how Southern units translate into the 2mm market.

• RMweb Gold

It's been a long time coming but it looks to have been worth the wait judging by the photos - Thanks Tom.

They seem to have captured the 101 cab front well, as there was something slightly odd about the older one that didn't quite cut it for me...bit like the old long faced 47...if you get my drift :blink:

Looks like this will be heading for Santas 2011 Christmas list though...

• RMweb Gold

Just as a reminder:

Old Class 101:

371-510.jpg

New Class 101:

665c0c2a.png

The difference is clear to see I think! I'm rapidly finding it harder to resist some of these older classes of unit!

Tom.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tom,

I think the original Farish version had too flat a front; the new one has the characteristic subtle curve that is required.

I think the windscreen surrounds might be a little overdone... however that's the sort of thing that's hard to judge before you see a painted sample..

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like I'll be sending my current 101 to the scrap heap;

Lets hope that Farish produce plenty of Blue/grey versions - the three car and power-twin versions of the 108 have only been done in green and all over blue liveries.

Happy modelling,

Steven B.

I think my very early one (1982 from memory) - with only a single powered/pick up bogie will be for the chop. I'll keep the bmotor bogie - back up for my BH Enterprises kit built 105. But for me a 2 car version in green with the 2 character indicator box will be perfect. Possibly a similar 3 car as well. My various albums show plenty of these around central Scotland!

• 2 months later...

Just an update on the Class 101. The BachFar website is showing the release date as Aug/Sept with a RRP of £110 for a two car version and a £120 for the three car variant. I know release dates are often provisional but I have been eagerly awaiting this model for a number of years and at last it's coming!

Linners

• RMweb Gold

I have to say the I don't understand the livery choices of any of their 1g DMUs there is a B/G 3 car version but not a 2 car? I have my credit card ready for a B/G 3 car 108 or power twin but I where are they?

I have to agree with you...I was scrolling for the 2 car 101 in Blue/Grey and ended up pre-ordering the 3 car one.

I wish manufacturers would give that phased livery release a rest...it's costing me too much money :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bachmann had the first painted samples of the 101 on display at the York show today. Only the Regional Railways example though. Have to say, it looks like another fantastic model and worth the extra few years wait!

CU0J9584a.jpg

CU0J9584b.jpg

CU0J9585c.jpg

CU0J9586d.jpg

Tom.

Archived