FTG Models - SPA wagon - Network Rail

Hugh Flynn

At least three are in use with the SITT trains as ploughs. I'm trying to trace pics, but this is an ex-SPA and another

I was going to ask what the SITT trains are until I realised Snow and Ice Treatment Trains.  How many of these trains are there?  Are the plough wagons that you highlight SPAs that were formerly in Network Rail Yellow and if so, do you know when they were converted?

Since the SPAs presumably all passed to EWS on privatisation, I assume that ownership of five of these must have passed to Network Rail at some later point and therefore it would make sense if these were then modified to something else.

"The NR one with only 5 ever done I thought it best to sell in full set with only 220 of each number ,I think if one sold out there would be unhappy modellers saying I want the set? And NR is a good seller.And 5 will look great for a short train?"

Hugh, what I was trying to ascertain is 'Do they run as a set'?  A quick search on this site revealed a post that states "There are 5 ZAAs in NR livery, nos 460049, 460056, 460059, 460060 & 460063. Based at Hoo Junction, but most likely never used, certainly OOU when I saw them in 2008, not been to Hoo recently."  If they were all based at the same location, I guess that they may have made a short train although I may need some modellers licence to get them from Hoo to Scotland!

• RMweb Gold

Hugh, what I was trying to ascertain is 'Do they run as a set'?  A quick search on this site revealed a post that states "There are 5 ZAAs in NR livery, nos 460049, 460056, 460059, 460060 & 460063. Based at Hoo Junction, but most likely never used, certainly OOU when I saw them in 2008, not been to Hoo recently."  If they were all based at the same location, I guess that they may have made a short train although I may need some modellers licence to get them from Hoo to Scotland!

Hi Dungrange,

The Network Rail Yellow ones never made it to Scotland.

I think both Mick and Paul Wade have commented about their usage - or should it be lack of it?

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

I was going to ask what the SITT trains are until I realised Snow and Ice Treatment Trains.  How many of these trains are there?  Are the plough wagons that you highlight SPAs that were formerly in Network Rail Yellow and if so, do you know when they were converted?

The date on the pictures is a clue............. late 2011/early 2012. (Recent info from one that knows more, is that all five are now in use as SITT ploughs)

At least 12 SITT wagons. Although pics of the plough wagons seem to be a bit more difficult to find. You've listed the numbers - crack on!

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Dungrange,

The Network Rail Yellow ones never made it to Scotland.

I think both Mick and Paul Wade have commented about their usage - or should it be lack of it?

Thanks

I can confirm I had seen the NR SPAs in Hoo Junction. See pic below.

post-1373-0-36938200-1444664216_thumb.jpg

They appeared little used or unused (with weeds growing into the interiors). I didn't visit much to see any movement. Sorry pic is the interior but this was a request and they are far to modern for me.

They were rebuilt to the snowploughs as pic below.

post-1373-0-37576800-1444664187_thumb.jpg

While these are moved about I don't think they have been used in anger, and they don't look very useful.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm I had seen the NR SPAs in Hoo Junction. See pic below.

attachicon.gif460056 SPA Hoo Junc 07-12-08 (1) PWa.jpg

They appeared little used or unused (with weeds growing into the interiors). I didn't visit much to see any movement. Sorry pic is the interior but this was a request and they are far to modern for me.

They were rebuilt to the snowploughs as pic below.

attachicon.gifTWY 18-09-12a.jpg

While these are moved about I don't think they have been used in anger, and they don't look very useful.

Cheers.

Is that the little snowploughs on the far end? that looks like the same kind or size of ploughs as on things like the Class 153s and 156s

Hi,

I have been trying to contact Hugh via the FTG website which states, "All I need from you is an email stating that you would like a set saving. I do not require payment until they are on the boat..."

Well, firstly there appears to be no email address provided via the website, and secondly no response to any queries sent via the online enquiry form.  Any ideas please...?

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi

Engineers will be next batch with Hooded wagons.

Hugh

Will all the hooded ones be in railfreight only or will you be considering the one in subsector as well at some point?

Plus hows work going on with the CO2 tank?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived