Bachmann product images from the Model and Hobby Show

Andy Y

Some of the content in this topic will tie in with the Bachmann product announcements for 2011 topic.

Today was the first chance to see the first shots of the 3F. Sweet.

3Fa.jpg

3Fb.jpg

3Fc.jpg

Also there was chance to extensive discussions with Colin Albright over the 350 which is very much of a pet project for him. The process is well down the road and here's the evidence.

350a.jpg

The pantograph is really fine and well observed.

350b.jpg

The motor arrangement minimises the intrusion into the seating area; decoder fitting will be by removing the base of the box beneath the unit body, space has been made within the base of the chassis block for the sound speaker - a well thought out benefit.

350c.jpg

Likewise the attention to detail is evidenced by the different air-conditioning unit covers between the 350/1 and 350/2 variants (also reflected in the seating arrangements and livery variations); the air-con cover lifts off for access to the light switch without having to remove the unit from the track.

350d.jpg

350e.jpg

I was really taken with the range of GCR buildings coming into the Scenecraft range based on real structures that really capture the feel of Rothley.

GCa.jpg

GCb.jpg

GCc.jpg

GCd.jpg

GCe.jpg

GCf.jpg

GCg.jpg

GCh.jpg

Similarly Sheffield Park station on the Bluebell gets the same treatment which ties in nicely with the Wainwright C and Dukedog announcements.

BB1.jpg

BB2.jpg

Scenecraft goes agricultural with the addition of a farm range:

Farm.jpg

Fast food:

Burger.jpg

A half relief gasometer loosely based on one which occupied the ground on which the Model and Hobby Show was hosted.

Gasometer.jpg

I can see the single road servicing shed being popular:

Depot.jpg

Back to the rolling stock, the first painted samples of the FNA were on show:

FNA.jpg

The BZA steel coil wagons

Coils.jpg

A pre-prod sample of the Mk1 Sleeper

Sleeper.jpg

And by no means least the soon to hit the shelves EPB:

EPBa.jpg

Similarly Horsted Keynes station on the Bluebell gets the same treatment which ties in nicely with the Wainwright C and Dukedog announcements.

post-1-0-47364300-1299439181_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-52767000-1299439194_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Sorry to say it , but I think your wrong Andy, that looks more like Sheffield Park, but I may be wrong myself!

Anyway, thanks for posting the images!

Simon

Guest LNER Tom

I too must say that the GCR buildings are very impressive...no where to house them sadly, but they really capture the look of what we have on the preserved GCR! :)

I've just ordered the whole Art Deco station buildings and I must say for me, there is something about the Scenecraft Range that the Skaledale Range doesn't have.

Oh.....and I see a member of the Fat Controller's fleet appears to be on lone to the GCR!!! blink.gif laugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

mmmmm, glad i've got a 350 on order, very nice indeed

the scenecraft buildings look fantastic too, wont be long before i've got my garden shed so i can build a proper layout to put stuff like that on

• RMweb Gold

Nice pics thanks Andy. Having got a sort of themed thing around the Bluebell I do wonder if there might be a subtle hint in those Quorn & Woodhouse buildingssmile.gif BTW I've just checked against my pics taken at Quorn and the colour matching is excellent (assuming we've both managed a fairly true reproduction) although the overbridge detail is different (not that it matters one jot in my view).

• RMweb Premium

Nice pics thanks Andy. Having got a sort of themed thing around the Bluebell I do wonder if there might be a subtle hint in those Quorn & Woodhouse buildingssmile.gif BTW I've just checked against my pics taken at Quorn and the colour matching is excellent (assuming we've both managed a fairly true reproduction) although the overbridge detail is different (not that it matters one jot in my view).

From other sources I was under the impression the GCR building were based on Rothley station?

Cheers, Richard

Thanks for all your time today Andy, those pics are great, personally looking forward to the 2EPB.

But would add that todays modellers are SO Well CATERED FOR!!

I have been in the game for more years than I care to admit and when I started we were lucky to get ONE loco a year!:huh:

From other sources I was under the impression the GCR building were based on Rothley station?

You're right; I was going from personal recall of the station entrance but I've just checked on Google maps.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers, Richard

You are, I think right as the overbridge matches Rothley as I've found from a further delve through the pics I took there 5 years. Alas my Rothley building pics are background views from inside the signalbox so the colour doesn't match at all - but it definitely matches my pics of Quorn's brick colouring and weathering. Sorry for any confusionblush.gif

Loving the MPV but apart from "It's my layout and I'll run what I like" I can't really figure out a way to justify running one alongside some blue/grey stock...

My fiancee was telling me earlier she spotted a 'shed' , and "one of those "MPV things" at Norwood Junction last week... her training is coming on well :)

Loving the MPV but apart from "It's my layout and I'll run what I like" I can't really figure out a way to justify running one alongside some blue/grey stock...

My fiancee was telling me earlier she spotted a 'shed' , and "one of those "MPV things" at Norwood Junction last week... her training is coming on well :)

Do what I have done with my pre 1960 layout - remove all the existing rolling stock..

Obtain some colourful sheds, containers, car transporters and other modern what have you wagons never seen before in the flesh but look really good..

and voila a setting worthy of an MPV thingy :)

Archived