Bachmann product images from the Model and Hobby Show

Andy Y

I think that you will find the Thomas engine in the background is actually one the the G scale locos that was on a display unit behind the GC display.

Forgot about those - and the 4mm stock/buildings in the foreground threw me in a OO direction.

I wasn't expecting a reply so soon, nor from you ! Very true about market size. OO still outsells N by what, 5 to 1 ?

In your original post, you mentioned talking at length to Colin Albright. I don't know the guy, other than assuming he is one of the development team at Bachmann. Am I right about their use of the CAD files on the 350 ? It really does capture the look of the desiro.

And looking at THIS picture again http://www.rmweb.co....38977_thumb.jpg

, what is James doing in the background ? I thought the TTTE range was Hornby's domain in this country ?

Yes; it's a rather large James. I nearly blanked it out but I thought it may add a smile.

I'd estimate the balance between OO and N is more 8:1 but I hope to be able to provide better evidence at a future time.

Anyway; yes I'm sure the process for the more modern stock is helped by CAD availability but it's no surefire replacement for the observation of the actual detail on the real thing and in reference images and that is certainly evidenced in some details around the pantograph. As an aside the front window will have a backlit printed destination matrix. As you surmise Colin works in product development and aside from being a modeller he has a strong interest in the prototype history. I think this will be a really well received model.

The single road servicing shed looks similar to others in Eastern territory- I am thinking of the SP at Kings Lynn which used to have an allocation of class 03's

and had class 31/37's parked there at the weekend.

All in all a winner!

Great piccies , and thanks for posting Andy - the Derby class 3F 0-6-0 has made at least 2 old men very happy indeed.

Seconded. It does look like the 350 will be a stunner. The CAD files will have helped with the difficult compound curves of the cab and the shape of the bodyshells. Observation will make the details right. If -as you say- its got the added oomph of a passionate individual behind it, then it will be a landmark model.

Looking forward to the N model.

Again, Thanks for spending the time to post the photos.

The MPV looks excellent and the Coil Carriers are certainly looking strong possibilities to be running round my layout.

The latest info from Bachmann site is looking like a July release for the MPV's, roll on..

Hey Paul, you do know that the announced Covhop has a very strong Cumbrian connection, don't you? :)

Dave.

Hi, Dave, just got back to the laptop after a long day here in Kansas City.

OK, so now I'll be searching for the Cumbrian Covhop Connection!:D This sounds as if it might have very interesting implications. ...

Guest Max Stafford

Paul, in the 1960s they ran round the Cumbrian Coast to the chemical works at Whitehaven. If you ever served in the US Navy, you'll be familiar with that placename! :)

Dave.

Paul, in the 1960s they ran round the Cumbrian Coast to the chemical works at Whitehaven. If you ever served in the US Navy, you'll be familiar with that placename! :)

Dave.

Birthplace of John Paul Jones!

(;) I did have to Bing "Whitehaven" to find that.)

post-1-0-91085100-1299439220_thumb.jpg

Would I be right in assuming that there is a fuelling point built along the wall closest to us?

Not that familiar with the prototype.

*EDIT* A quick picture search has answered my query, it would appear it is, yeh! No need to build a seperate fuelling point now ;)

These are the prices per module of the SP building, also in the range is the sheffield park foot bridge. Prices can be found on the link below.

§ 44-088 Sheffield Park Booking Office 135mm x 130mm x 165mm, 68.55

§ 44-089 Sheffield Park Station Canopy 212mm x 54mm x 57mm, 41.95

§ 44-090 Sheffield Park Waiting Room with Toilet 225mm x 91mm x 108mm, 60.50

§ 44-091 Sheffield Park Storeroom 141mm x 116mm x 80mm, 41.95

§ 44-092 Sheffield Park Signal Cabin 65mm x 38mm x 36mm, 15.95

§ 44-093 Sheffield Park Footbridge, 48.95

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/new_products.php?prod_selected=scraftoo

Im sure they will be a touch cheaper once in at retailers... Kernow also already have the C-Class listed on their site at around £74.95 which isn't bad at all.

Those buildings look fantastic, all of them! The servicing shed looks like it still be used on non ER layouts and the GCR platform end 'covered stairway' looks just like the one at Lutterworth (and I think, Whetstone...?)

Trying not to look at the 3F..... ;)

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm £278 for a station ;) albeit a very nice station, but not high on my priorities, perhaps at half the price.

But you don't need all the bits! I think the signalbox they quote, looking at the dimensions, is the faired-in one on the platform, which I think is pure Bluebell, so if you have that then you don't have the footbridge, which had gone before the Bluebell arrived. And as I've said, the station is based on the same design as 16 others, i.e. Midhurst, and the stations to Lavant; Kingscote and all the other stations to Barcombe Mills; The Cuckoo Line stations from Rotherfield to Hellingly, and a couple of others including Hassocks on the Brighton Main Line. East Grinstead (the third station, completed 1883) was a bigger version of the same basic design. It thus lends itself legitimately to be on an LBSCR single- or double-track line of almost any traffic density.

Archived