Bachmann product images from the Model and Hobby Show

Andy Y

The 3F looks sublime - doesn't fit my railway but who cares (same as Dukedog and C class)?

Interesting approach that Bachmann seem to be taking with complete station packs in the scencraft range. Standard M&GN pavilion station is an obvious choice for this range.

The skill will be in adapting and personlaising the basic product to an individual's own needs.

Very impressed with Bachmann overall this year.

RichardS

Guest Max Stafford

The single road shed is very smart and highly reiniscent of the old F & I point which formerly stood in Kingmoor Yard.

Dave.

The 350 loooks very nice.

post-1-0-91085100-1299439220_thumb.jpg

That looks remarkably like Peterborough shed.

Stabling point layouts will be the new TMD...

It was originally a Model Rail project but we, reluctantly, decided against it. Glad to see its going to appear anyway.

CHRIS LEIGH

The Sheffield Park and GCR buildings look very tempting indeed.

The GCR buildings look wonderful, although there seems to be a lack of a booking hall. Is there one coming ?

It looks as though the majority of the GCR buildings are based on those at Rothley, so IIRC the Booking Office window would be in the building with the canopy.

The 3f appears to be continuing Bachmann's tradition of quality models of "workaday" prototypes. Painted and weathered I think it'll be a winner.

Looking forward to getting mine! Looks like the wait will be well worth it.

Thanks for the photos, Andy.

Guest Max Stafford

Hey Paul, you do know that the announced Covhop has a very strong Cumbrian connection, don't you? :)

Dave.

Guest Max Stafford

I can see a use for the GCR Gents already! :D

Well, if it's taken you this long in life to figure that one out... ;)

Dave.

The Sheffield Park and GCR buildings look very tempting indeed.

It looks as though the majority of the GCR buildings are based on those at Rothley, so IIRC the Booking Office window would be in the building with the canopy.

The booking office ticket window is immediatey opposite the bottom of the stairs in the building you describe. I have photographed all the buildings at Rothley and Quorn quite extensively if anybody wants copies then let me know. The large building which I think covers a subway/ramp is not present at either Rothley or Quorn. The GCR lamp room is not pictured but I assume that it is the recently obtained example from a back garden in Whetstone that is now next to the box at Rothley.

Thanks Andy,

At least one of my thoughts came through... the 3F.... Looks very nice... must order one. Seems I am leaning somewhat from LNER to a LNER/LMS rolling stock!

Very happy with the death of the split chassis in the non too distant future. Wonder if they will allow them out to replace the older splits. My B1 could really do with a new chassis... though it is already DCC fitted :rolleyes:

The 350 looks superb, roll on the 450 for 2012.

However the best bit is the easy fit DCC decoder provision with the removable cover under the model.

At last! Someone is listening. :drink_mini:

The MPV looks great too. Thanks for the piccy's Andy ! :good_mini:

• RMweb Gold

it is peterborough SP. some guys were here last year measuring it up,. excellent model.

Having been at the Bachmann Trade event yesterday I can confirm, along with Dan, that it is definatley based on Peterborough

Also with repsect to the SECR livery for the C class this will be the loco as is in preservation rather than specifically pre-grouping condition, so their may be some differences accordingly (which I have not yet looked in to) however I would guess that they, if any, would be slight.

I can also also conformt that it was implied that a donation would be being made to the Bluebell and the Great Central with respect to the models of the stations buildings.

The booking office ticket window is immediatey opposite the bottom of the stairs in the building you describe. I have photographed all the buildings at Rothley and Quorn quite extensively if anybody wants copies then let me know. The large building which I think covers a subway/ramp is not present at either Rothley or Quorn. The GCR lamp room is not pictured but I assume that it is the recently obtained example from a back garden in Whetstone that is now next to the box at Rothley.

Thank-you both

• RMweb Gold

I assume the GC and Sheffield Park buildings pictured are pilots - they look very good, and if the production versions match them in appearance we'll be very happy, I'm sure. When Vivien Thompson modelled the very similar Rotherfield in the late '60s, the idea that an RTP version of the same basic design would be available was pure fantasy. Mind you, prior to this announcement, I'm not sure I'd have put much money on it last week!

I have to say that it all looks very tempting. The 350 and MPV are exquisite, and I especially like the pantograph on the EMU. I presume that these items of "newish" rolling stock have benefited from access to the manufacturers' original CAD files ?

One minor point that I feel is important though. I've seen lots of people castigated on here for mentioning "x is being made in 00 and so I look forward to it in N". I'm very aware that an N and OO model are very different pieces of kit, but they do share a common prototype. Once that has been measured, then part of the manufacturing process has been done.

We've already seen Bachmann's original Deltic appear in N after the OO version, and here is more proof that it occurs. A precis from Model Rail Express;

The big Graham Farish news is that there are to be nine, yes NINE!, new Graham Farish locomotives. These include the LNER Thompson A1 Class,Class 411 4-CEP EMU, a Class 350 EMU, a WD 2-8-0, an original build Class 08, LNER J39 0-6-0, th 6-car Midland 'Blue Pullman', BRStandard 5MT 4-6-0 and a totally retooled Class 20. Additionally, the previously announced Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 will appear during the year bringing the total awaited N gauge locos to 10!. Regarding the A1, Colin Albright explained to me that the suite of tooling would allow for several detail variations, including the special features unique to the new-build Tornado.

I don't know about the J39 or 2MT, but all the other models are past/current/planned OO versions, are they not ? So please, no more pilloring when "cross scale" talk occurs ?

I haven't particularly observed any pillorying Dave but it is fair to say that a manufacturer can make a larger return by volume on an OO product first before delivering the benefits in N. Sometimes I see an expectation that products to both scales should come around the same time but production availability reasons may not mean that is not possible. However there are products, such as the SPA that appear in N but not as yet in OO. Bachmann/Farish are in a position to consider a holistic approach and where the likely sales balance may be.

I wasn't expecting a reply so soon, nor from you ! Very true about market size. OO still outsells N by what, 5 to 1 ?

In your original post, you mentioned talking at length to Colin Albright. I don't know the guy, other than assuming he is one of the development team at Bachmann. Am I right about their use of the CAD files on the 350 ? It really does capture the look of the desiro.

And looking at THIS picture again http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-1-0-84718800-1299438977_thumb.jpg

, what is James doing in the background ? I thought the TTTE range was Hornby's domain in this country ?

I think that you will find the Thomas engine in the background is actually one the the G scale locos that was on a display unit behind the GC display.

Also although Bachmann organised the first Model Trade show in Leicester in 2009 and had a part in organising last years up in Coventry they now have NOTHINGto do with orgnisation of this event. They simply started the ball rolling and let it go from there.

Archived