Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

First piece is a ballast regulator.

Second, I'm not sure, but could be either an adzer or something that cleans out the bed to place a tie.

Last one is a tie crane.

Looks like its gang to do out of face tie replacement (spot replacement of ties).

It looks like they're carrying out some welding on the diamonds at the moment.

Back in 2003 I saw a local with a GP15 and a caboose on the back. Both of them even had flags flying! I suspect the crews kept the same loco and caboose for their own personal trip job as the loco has some inscription on the side. I forget where I took these but it was around the same area as Fostoria.

Just found this on railpictures showing the cab side.

post-6766-0-73760700-1302886715_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-47486100-1302886721_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

just saw this on the back of a short train.

caboose.jpg

Hi Micheal,

Thanks forthe caboose shot...

I missed it and was asking if anyone had captured it...

Did you happen to be on line when the Guildford GP 40 came through as part of a consist and did you capture it!

Thanks

• RMweb Premium

It may be mundane but it is different from UK practice. There is nothing mundane about 'F' units now days, that is like calling 'Tornado' mundane. For those who don't know F units are the streamlined 'nose' units made in the late 30's/40's. Main line steam in the US is now virtually non-existent.

I agree with Phil about the boon for UK modellers.

The "mundane", always, eventually turns into the "lost" as new technology advances - that being so there are plenty of locals in the Fostoria chatroom so it must also be interesting to them.

I just enjoy watching the trains go by. There is always something going on.

Best, Pete.

Hi Micheal,

Thanks forthe caboose shot...

I missed it and was asking if anyone had captured it...

Did you happen to be on line when the Guildford GP 40 came through as part of a consist and did you capture it!

Thanks

Hi

sorry I didnt, I dont tend to watch for long, its sort of on in the background. like cricket :)

what I like in a way is my pure ignorance of US railroads, Id rather not learn too much as its nice to be surprised at things that go bye and wonder where they go too and from etc.

its just nice and relaxing to watch.

Mike

Archived