RAILEX NORTH EAST 2011

North Eastern

Looking forward to this show next week.

Re' the two talks on NER architecture. Do you know if places have to be booked or do you just turn up?

Mac.

Dear Mac,

Places for the talks do not need to be booked, but are limited, so first come first served.

Regards

Chris

Roundtrees sidings EM in an unfinished state will be operating along with Si Bendalls excellent P4 Ravenscroft.

Plenty of other excellent layouts too

If you come say hello to us on Roundtrees.

Lee

Hi everyone,

Dapol are attending this great show (one of my favourites) and we will have some 'interesting items' on display, plus some odds and ends for sale on the stand.

For those that are interested i will be debuting the Dapol Virgin HST with DCC sound and revised lighting in both powercars :-) to go with some new Mercig repaints and a Voyager with DCC sound. If i can complete it in time i'll also have a 156 with sound on my N gauge layout Welham Green.

come along and say 'hi'

cheers

Dave

Hi all

The good lady and myself are making the last few preparations to travel up to the north east, with Glenuig. The usual track and wheel cleaning to do during the next few evening, pack and not forget anything, its a long way back home if I do.

Any Rmwebbers visiting please say hallo, I am the big long haired ugly one, and the missus is the good looking one (she as a habit of reading this!)

See you all Saturday

Gary

Hi all

Upsandowns is in the van ready for an early start (4.00am) on Friday morning. We prefer to start out early if we have a long journey as the traffic is a lot less at that time. Cleaning wheels tommorow and putting the stock in just before we leave. Come and say "HI" to a Southern Region layout from North Wales. :stinker:

Cheers

George

Hi,

As a local punter I would just like to recommend this exhibition to RMWebbers.

The exhibition has gone from strength to strength in the past few years, attracting high quality layouts and traders. This year's line up looks

to be one of the best!

post-7898-0-44293000-1314182387_thumb.jpg

cheers,

Mal

I'm off to help set up Blackgill in an hour or so. It's tipping down here at the moment, so hopefully there'll be a break in the rain this afternoon! I think everything is just about ready from our end. Somewhat nervous but looking forward to it!

Come and say hi if you're in North Shields this weekend!

Hope to see some of you there,

Arp

Finished the main part of the setting up tonight by 21.15hrs as some of the exhibitors/traders had got caught up in the madness on the M1 and at the Tyne Tunnel. The remainder will be setting up first thing tomorrow.

Following Mallard60022 comments about 'Blackgill', you will be knocked over by how good it is, as it is even better than the pictures. That says something as it did not have any stock on it. Chris Pendleton who has 'North Shields' will be running some of his stock on Blackgill as well.

I am not been biased but I have been amazed at the quality of all the layouts that have come and can ensure if you visit us you will get your moneys worth.

So please come along and visit the show, the weather is supposed to be good to bad and possibly indifferent, but who can tell, but once your inside who cares.

Regards

Chris

Chris.

Typing this message from North Shields library.

The rain's just stoped heaving down and they seem to have demolished

the railway station!

I plan to visit Railex around 12.30.

Good Luck with the show.

Mac.

After not visiting Blyth exhibition last year due to family comitments, may I congratulate all the members involved with organising the exhibition this year. I went through the doors with my dad at 10 o'clock and came out at 4 o'clock. It was just six hours of pure enjoyment with lots of interest for the young and older modellers, a real selection. The standard of layouts and traders were excellent. One of the best exhibitions I have attended. Roll on next August bank holiday, Well Done

• RMweb Premium

Concur. This exhibition was well worth the blast up and down (or down and up) the A1M/M194 and bits; there wasn't even a queue at the Tunnel at 10. 55. However I had to turn around at the Centre and park about half a mile up the road as the place was stuffed. Took but a few minutes to walk back. By 14.00 things had quietened down in the hall but the car park was still almost stuffed! Not a criticism but a warning for other drivers! I'd park elsewhere locally and again walk or use the bus/Metro next time.

Anyhow - a superb layout selection with lots of 'Finescale' stuff.

Good selection of Traders (heads up for Nairnshire Modelling Supplies [www.modelsupplies.co.uk] as a small, well stocked friendly and very helpful set up) where I decided to part with my dosh for scenic stuff & layout wire (full rucksack I'm afraid). Also DCC supplies (long way from Worcester) for friendly advice and what looks like some good training workshops for those new to DCC.

Blackgill - what can I say? Very, very nice indeed. However there were some really excellent layouts in 2mm, 4mm (OO, EM and P4) and 7mm. A couple of the 7mm steam era layouts looked superb; those loco's just ooze character and what a huge leap forward it will be when DCC can give them sound and proper exhaust (not just whispy stuff drifting).

Well done to all the B & T MRC Crew; a great show that I will visit again God willing (and maybe next time stay over at the Premier Inn at Durham). Also thanks to the lovely lasses (and lad) in the canteen who were working so well under pressure in such a cramped and crowded space (nice chilli and spud and I could have gone for loads of pie but managed to resist). Pity there could not be an outside area for consuming fodder if the weather is OK (or maybe there was but I missed it?).

Get on down to this great show people.

Phil @ 36E

I would like to add my thanks to the organisers and exhibitors for an excellent show. The standard of layouts was superb, with Blackgill and Fence Houses being worth the journey alone.

After all the discussion on layouts looking better in pictures than in the flesh, Blackgill did not disappoint. I hope that this will be the first of many outings for it.

Thank you all for your kind comments from today. I am glad you have all enjoyed the show. I must apologise for the heat in the hall, we only got the centre staff to eventually switch the air con on by midday. Though it appears not to have made much difference due to ammount of people in the venue along with all the lights on the layouts etc

I will pass the kind comments to the catering staff, who have worked hard to improve on last years show when they were overwhelmed by the number of visitors

As ever and at most exhibitions the parking was a problem, but this year we had three stewards in the car park armed with maps to re-direct the cars when the main car park was full. Experiencing this problem was the councils Director of Community Services who visited the show with his son. He has said he will help us find additional parking for next year.

I did manage to take some photos with my phone as the battery went on my camera, but I can't get them to mail to my PC so you'll have to wait until tomorrow when I will take some more. If anyone took some photo's today, please post them on here for everyone to see.

So if you did not manage to come today or even if you did, make sure you come tomorrow, as you will not be disappointed.

Regards

Chris

• RMweb Gold

The most enjoyable show I've been to in a long time. I even managed to buy almost everything on my immediate wants list - just about the first time ever.

I can't decide which layout i liked best, there were so many stunning ones.

I arrived early (but I only had a 20 minute drive) while there was still space in the car park and stayed very much longer than I expected to.

A couple of photos of things I particularly liked.

post-5613-0-78912600-1314477099_thumb.jpg

post-5613-0-87963300-1314477104_thumb.jpg

David

• RMweb Premium

Apologies, I forgot to mention the friendly and very helpful EMGS team. Lovely collection of converted locos (thanks Graham re the A4 conversion and colleague for reminding me about the Comet Chassis method) and kit built wagons (good ones Phil). Also, having the time to show and tell even on the simple matters such as adhesive for plastic chairs on wooden sleepers!

I have posted this as the 'editor' function seems to be frozen.

Cheers, Phil R @ 36E

Not long returned from the show, and I have to agree with everyone else, the show was the best one I have ever attended. Excellent layouts, good trade, and very friendly demonstrators. Lots of inspiration.

Purchase highlights were spotting a limited edition Bachmann 37003, and 4 of the rather elusive Bacchy 21 pin dcc chips.

One very happy atendee :sungum:

Regards,

Lee.

Time to add my own thanks to the organisers! Great exhibition - I can't think of a single exhibit, stand or display that wasn't in some way interesting or stimulating (and the vast majority both and more). When I go to exhibitions, I can usually identify one or two layouts or stands make me wonder - "why are they there?". Not this one; an excellent collection - and enough to make me wonder about modelling the north eastern scene. Well done exhibitors and club members all. And not just that, the best-dressed doormen at any exhibition I've been to!

post-3910-0-45090300-1314564770.jpgpost-3910-0-71417200-1314564784.jpgpost-3910-0-33027400-1314564806.jpgpost-3910-0-11596700-1314564824.jpgpost-3910-0-94749800-1314564846.jpgpost-3910-0-92526700-1314564886.jpgpost-3910-0-63309300-1314564908.jpg

A big thank you to everyone who attended the Exhibition this weekend, we hope you enjoyed it. We also would like to thank all the Exhibitors, Traders and the Sports Centre Staff for all the hard work they put in to enable us to achieve the exhibiton this weekend

I have posted some photo's above, I will post more when I have downloaded them.

Regards

Chris

Just wanted to add my thanks to the team for one of the best shows I have been to in some time! Great venue and I think there wasn't one layout I didnt like or thought was a filler. Blackgill.. wow... what a visually stunning layout. Fencehouses ditto and a multitude of others! Everyone was happy to chat and I learnt a lot of new things from today. Some pictures to follow tomorrow when I have recovered.

Tom

Archived