Morning campers...

Just a quick post... Off out for lunch shortly (just in case you were interested)

Had a personal delivery  yesterday of a new loco and some (21) MGR wagons... Tripped over from Russell Bridge. Thanks Nigel.

I have put a sound chip in the 56. I was quite pleased with myeslf actually. I had to remove the fan motor to enable the speaker to fit, I then stuck the fans on top. Looks ok to me.

I had a quick play and did a short movie. Apologies for the auto focus on the phone camera and the faint background music/talking. It was my local radio station playing 90's at 9 which I though was appropriate, however my timing got more of the DJ than the songs!

I'll post some pics of the 56 a bit later.

Cheers

Scott

Already on the case Dave...  some have plastic wheels so I'll change them for starters..  (That was the 3rd take without any derailments!)

Would be nice to change the couplers too but not sure if thast going to be an easy fix or not.  Haven't really had much time today to inspect them all.

HI Guy,

The 56 has a Howes chip in it (3.5 version) and the speaker is housed in a rectangular case, base reflex?

I too like the dirty MGR's but cannot take any credit for them. Whilst I'm on the subject, I need to replace the wheel sets of 11 of them, so I'd better start looking at the most suitable replacements.

Only one picture tonight, and thats of the Transrail line up. Hopefully I have a Transrail body for my Vitrains 37 arriving tomorrow to replace the speedlink one. I really must get on with finishing off the ballasting too

post-6849-0-54054300-1358893683.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

Morning,

Thanks for the comments,

Class 66, I think I have a long long way to go before I would say it looked real, but thanks anyway. At least I'm making progress. Although I  will never be on a par with JSW and Sandhills amongst others.

David, yes the 56  is a respray, it was done for the previous owner so can't really say anything about it other than its a neat job and looks the part in my eyes. Very pleased with it, especially now it makes a noise too..

Thanks Jamie, think I'll stick with photos rather than video, its a lot less hassle. :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

No sign of the postie yet, so no Transrail body..

Have a good day now.

Cheers,

Scott

Pleased to report that 37430 has arrived at Redbrook, a nice simple body change was the order of the day. But then I thought I'd have a go at weathering it!   

Not very happy with my attempts. I admit I didn't use a photograph, thats because I was doing what I'm good at and going in like a (pit)bull in a china shop..

I tried two techniques. First one was using Tamiya weathering powders which were very subtle and limited to black or brown.  I then tried the Karate Kid special of paint on- wipe off. I've seen Kevins (Leaford)  efforts and Ian's (Temeraire) and thought it always looks good. Then there's mine...  I think I've just put too much on. Less is more?

Thankfully I can remove it so its not all bad, I think I will go back to the weathering powders, I seem to work better with them and it doesn't look as bad.

Anyway, heres a couple of pictures of how not to do it. LOL  :nono:

37430 arrives at Redbrook and is immediately put in the loco stabling siding.

post-6849-0-13842400-1358977827.jpg

A few hours later and it's off with its light load. Even Dave isnt impressed with the muck!

post-6849-0-24906300-1358977809.jpg

Thanks for looking

Scott.

My mission now is to find a decent picture of 430 or similar and have a proper go. I'm reluctant to use an airbrush as I know that will end in a ruined loco.

I'll have a look at the Modelmates stuff 66, thanks..

Ile pop new picy of my 37672 transrail with brushed on weathering and modelmates rust effect!! i copyed it from my old Bescot transrail pictures!!

Scott , I think the job on 430 is looking very good if thats your first attempt. Ive just trawled on Flickr and theres loads on there of 430 in various states whilst branded with Transrail. A bit more brown/sleeper grime/traffic film colour on the bogies to contrast with the black tones youve used on the bodyside and I think thats about there.

Loving the Dutch grid by the way ! Hoping you get bored of it soon though........and sell it to me !!  

Jon thanks for the tips,. I am keen to get my stock weathered and having looked at your latest work your comments are very much appreciated.   I'll hook out the brown/sleeper grime tomorrow if I get chance. Thanks.

As for the 56 I can't see me getting bored of it just yet! But I'll put you on the list... :smile_mini2:

Cheers 66, I'm at work tomorrow night so I can see me doing some research then, inbetween jobs of course..

Scott.

Jon thanks for the tips,. I am keen to get my stock weathered and having looked at your latest work your comments are very much appreciated.   I'll hook out the brown/sleeper grime tomorrow if I get chance. Thanks.

As for the 56 I can't see me getting bored of it just yet! But I'll put you on the list... :smile_mini2:

Cheers 66, I'm at work tomorrow night so I can see me doing some research then, inbetween jobs of course..

Scott.

Sounds like plan buddy!! :locomotive:

Archived