Good evening one and all...

Thanks for the questions and interest, I'll do my best to answer the questions. Except for Phil's, regarding the straps as I'll have to check tomorrow when I'm at home. Although I know a common thing to use is insulating tape cut in long strips.

I'll start with the crane, all be it not really an answer as such as I don't know its history at all, but I am seeing the previous owner next week so I'll ask him. This answer could probably be used for the other questions about the wagons too as I don't know much about them.

The 2 BBA wagons without cradles are plastic kits so would imagine are cambrian or similar.

The BPV flat wagon with sheet metal is also a  kit but cant remember if its plastic or white metal. I think its the latter but I'll have to check tomorrow.
The final wagon with the black base and the large red cradles is a white metal kit and very heavy.
All run really well and currently have kadees fitted. I expect I'll adapt another wagon with a standard coupling one end and a kadee the other. Alternatively I could change my stock to kadee but may cause more headaches...

The remaining wagons are standard Bachmann and Dapol ones.

Now to answer Leon's questions about the layout.
There was indeed a fuelling point/depot on the previous Mk? of Redbrook, I do keep going round in circles with my ideas and I think eventually by trial and error I will get to what I want, whatever that may be.

So as it is at the moment, the sidings remain but are going to become through sidings and as I type the small depot area is also staying.
My plans for development are as follows~
* It will once again become a roundy roundy.

* I hope to put in a third board across the length of the garage which will give me a large oval circuit with the current layout joining up to that layout and will possibly be a freight only avoiding line.

The new board, which will be in the middle of the garage is the one where I need to decide on what the theme will be.
The options so far are:

# Scenic with 4 tracks which are the approach to a station, so i can have freights waiting in the loops whilst passenger services pass by. 

# A station based very loosely on Newport. Without Godfrey road and the parcel bay.

# A steel works or certainy part of one with sidings and a private shunter.

Please feel free to add to the list, I might also have to request the help of the Leaford working party to assist with the woodwork  and design. Payment would be in chips, and not woodchips!

I think thats just about it for the time being...

Edit~~  The BPV wagon is a plastic kit with brass bogies. The weight i sdown to the steel plate load.

The straps on the wagons appear to be thin plastic, painted blue?  Really not sure...i 

• RMweb Premium

I might also have to request the help of the Leaford working party to assist with the woodwork  and design

Be glad to help as long as you don't change your mind during the working party. I'll be a dab hand with a helix by tomorrow night! ;)

Hi Scott,

You have got some nice stock there! The crane looks like the Dapol 15ton crane kit, yours looks like it has been modified with the correct rigid frame construction.It certainly looks very nice. Think these cranes were used on pway duties. I have got one to build at somepoint.

Cheers

Simon

Thanks for that info Simon,

I might have to increase my departmental stock to go with it then.. I suppose if its a 15 ton one it wouldn't be much use re-railing a loco. Maybe I could get away with using it as a multi pupose crane for departmental work and wagon recovery,which is why its based at the depot near the yard? I do like making up stories!  

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

The new wagons and crane do look nice, it looks like you have a yellow BDA in with your red ones too. I have one to repaint at some point, I think they look quite good in yellow.

Your crane does look like a modified Dapol one, the Eastleigh P way yard had two at one point. They were used for loading and unloading rail and sleepers in the yard and out on job sites.

If you come off the road with your locos you can always reverse it back on. I remember coming off the road down EH depot with a Shove Duff, it was only the front set of wheels so with the supervisors permission we reverse the loco back on the track. :locomotive:  

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter,
Well spotted, yes there is a yellow one amongst the railfreight ones, normally used for engineers but somehow ended up on the empties.

Thanks for the info on the crane, I cant imagine mine will be used for anything other than sitting in a siding or a quick trip round the layout when I feel the need. I've always fancied having one.

I still have no 47's on my layout! I've got the new Bachmann 47/7 in res on order but not sure when they are due in. I'm going to renumber it to one I have a picture of going through Newport with a log train. Didnt realise you could do that with the real thing and reverse in the hope that the wheels come back on. Sounds like fun.

Cheers,

Scott

I still have no 47's on my layout! I've got the new Bachmann 47/7 in res on order but not sure when they are due in. I'm going to renumber it to one I have a picture of going through Newport with a log train. Didnt realise you could do that with the real thing and reverse in the hope that the wheels come back on. Sounds like fun.

Cheers,

Scott

According to Hattons due around May/June

Simon

Morning Peter,

Well spotted, yes there is a yellow one amongst the railfreight ones, normally used for engineers but somehow ended up on the empties.

Thanks for the info on the crane, I cant imagine mine will be used for anything other than sitting in a siding or a quick trip round the layout when I feel the need. I've always fancied having one.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Sott,

I remember seeing yellow BDAs I think they were called 'Brill' in steel trains so you could use it for both.

I did promise you a pic of a blue class 47 but my main computer has shat itself and I have lost all my scans not to mention a heap of digi shots. I will redo them but it may be a while.

Reversing the 47 on wasn't to hard as we were on a set of points and the track had spread, so both wheels had dropped into the middle of the 4ft.

Cheers Peter.

Afternoon,

Things went to plan this morning and I was able to pick up some more stock for Redbrook.

Originally it was to be just an 08 and some Tea wagons. But I accidently took some more money out the cash point and got another loco and a few more wagons.

Here's a picture of the 08 and Tea's.

post-6849-0-94067500-1360679305.jpg

Havent got time to take pictures of the other loco, to be honest I think I'm going to have to renumber it first before the sneaky spotters at the depot grab a pic.

David in answer to your question, I was given the heads up about someone selling their stock to get funds to do another layout in a completely different era. I went along and ended up buying a bit of it. It was a bit difficult to say no when I saw the quality and the good price. (Thanks to Nigel and Roger)

Still have my eye on another loco!

Cheers

Scott    

Archived