Thanks for the info on the fork lift, I'll have a look for some pics but I think I know what you mean.

A couple more locos arrived today! One was the dutch 33 the other was a spur of the moment purchase this afternoon whilst spending my birthday.christmas vouchers at my local model shop. Completly messed up my plans as I was going to buy wagons with the virtual money..

I'm sure I'll post a picture or two later.

Cheers,

Scott

Edit- Thanks David, your post arrived whilst I was typing this...   

Slight change of plan, only one new arrival at Redbrook.  The 33 is going to go straight back on Ebay. I'm going to concentrate on South Wales traction..

So here is the latest edition fresh out of the box.

post-6849-0-02878600-1357338895.jpg

And seen here with a fellow member of the Transrail pool.

post-6849-0-45899300-1357338906.jpg

Think I might get a sound chip for this one... 

Edit - Leon the fork lift is from Kibri...

Thanks for the info on the fork truck Scott and Chris, I may look into getting one for outside my steelworks. Liking the 60 and 37, what number is the Transrail 37 Scott ?  They both look good unweathered just out of the paint shop ex works.

I have been looking for a second Hornby 60 for sometime now as it my best runner, I can find a cheap enough one tho, :(

Keep up the work,

Leon

Evening,
Before I forget Leon, the Transrail 37 is 683. Although I may renumber it to a Cardiff one.

Well I've had a bit of a tidy up out in the garage, I can now almost see the floor!

I have also had a go at tidying up the fiddle yard. I've fitted the 3 way point and it works fine. I was worried because looking at the instructions it seemed really complicated but all I've done is fit it like any other point. No additional wiring required.

The idea now is that all bar the furthest line all link up in the FY, which means the arriving loco is able to enter the headshunt and then run round its train or disappear off back to the depot.

I've got quite a bit of stuff to sell over the next few weeks which should cover the costs of new wagons. Going to try and avoid buying any more locos for the time being I think. Although easier said than done.

Cheers,

Scott

Without wishing to bore you all too much I thought I might post a couple of pictures.

First one is of the steel distribution centre, I managed to cut some doors for it today and give them a quick spray. They are all removable so varying stages of openess can be shown. Especially the one on the left as this is the through line.
post-6849-0-84308400-1357509353.jpg

The other picture is the behind the scenes look of the FY beyond the bridge.  The line on the right seems a bit pointless at the moment so I'll probably add a further siding off of it for DMU's. Its that or turn it into a Helix! 
I know the trackwork is a bit wonky but it works and doesn't look that bad in the flesh...

post-6849-0-47094100-1357509363.jpg

Its looking like my era is going to based around 1996 so the two old railfreight 37's may have to go, plus the RFD 37 if I cant re-number it. It's a Vitrains one so probably won't be able to.

Im using the 1996 Platform 5 spotters book for the gen.

Cheers

Scott 

• RMweb Premium

The line on the right seems a bit pointless at the moment

It certainly looks pointless as I can't see any!

Does the 1996 book show 'Desert Orchid' still around as its looking for a new home?

why don't you just say it's "1990s" mate, save you alot of Aggro !

incidentally, if you are going to get picky about dates I don't think Corus was around in the UK in 96, it was still British Steel. I think they appeared in 97, about when they repainted the EWS 60s into silver.

HI Rob,

Funny you should mention the Corus logo. Last night when I was looking through some books I thought that it was too early. Looks like 1999 was when it was formed. So I'll be changing that then..

You're right I should just make it easier for myself and call it the 90's, you know me, ever flexible.

Ian 47322 appears in the 1996 book, same livery but no name.

Cheers,
Scott  

that late ? it's difficult running everything you want to run. I'd like to run 47016 from 98 when it was on it's last legs.

problem is , almost overnight , alot of stuff was withdrawn the moment the red sheds appeared.

Hi paul,

The area is going to remain a fiddle yard so no need for scenarios. The line is supposed to be a single track down to a terminus station somewhere but if I was just to use it as that it seems a waste? At least if I put an additional siding in there I could run more down it rather than just a dmu on shuttle. Not that it will be a busy line. 

• RMweb Gold

At least if I put an additional siding in there I could run more down it rather than just a dmu on shuttle. Not that it will be a busy line.

Heathcote do a shuttle module that works with sidings at the end too so you could have at least two different units ;)

Mind you a helix would be good as you could build . . . . :)

Archived