HI David,
Yes theres a bass reflex speaker fitted just below the fan. I think because I'm used to Howes chips and the thrash from them I was a little disappointed that when this 37 pulls away the revs decrease and it coasts off quietly. I'm sure it's down to my poor driving. When I get chance I'll have a proper play.  

Hi Britfarmer, I guess that is always an option if I can work out how too.  I'll  carry on pushing buttons for now and If I dont get the hang of it I'll look at the options for button settings.

66, I'm working on it.... :jester:

Biffo's Chips are good once you get used to them, ive recently changed my DCC controller as i had the same problem with the Horns on my Hornby Elite on my new Roco Multimaus they are superb.

To my knowledge you cant change the horn settings.

All my sounds locos are fitted with Biffo's Chips for the fact that you have to drive them like the real thing.

Bit of practice on the inertia on your controller and you will get the swing of it.

Thanks Mark,

I think once I've got a bit more time to play trains instead of track laying I'll have a proper session with it and put the L plates on. I've heard lots of good things about Biffo's chips so I wont throw in the towell just yet. 

Cheers

Scott   

Thanks Mark,

I think once I've got a bit more time to play trains instead of track laying I'll have a proper session with it and put the L plates on. I've heard lots of good things about Biffo's chips so I wont throw in the towell just yet. 

Cheers

Scott   

You wil "pass" your test on Biffo sounds Scott, :no: took me few weeks to get use to my 37/4 sound...

Evening,
I bring good news...

Tonight the first loco ran over the lift up flap!  Although not an achievment for many, it is for me.  This is the first time I have successfully soldered track and then cut it so it meets up perfectly on the join.

Just got the other end to do now.

Here are a few pictures of that special moment. The honour going to 08 382.

The join itself

post-6849-0-02288100-1363126519.jpg

The money shot

post-6849-0-47659200-1363126539.jpg

08382 breathing in a sigh of relief having crossed over to the other side of the join...

post-6849-0-64892400-1363126532.jpg

I've had to come in now, not because all of the excitement was too much. But because my feet and hands have frozen solid in the cold workshop.

I'll hopefully have a delivery from modelmaster tomorrow so I can finish off the renumbering of the Transrail girls.

Cheers

Scott

Thanks Phil, I was waiting for the next bit "And thats nothing like good woodworking" 

Duncan, The only issues I've had with it are cutting it and securing it down.

I used a stanley knife to cut it, but it took quite a few strokes and wasn't very neat. 

When I came to secure it with screws it just snapped the board. In the end I super glued it down. I may try a pilot hole for the screws and try again, now that its held down by the track and glue.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott

Nice neat stripboard on my own lifting section

which has 4 tracks on a curve I have fitted

Copper board like you have but also added movable

rail joiners these are used mainly for guiding the trains

through the curve and not for electrical connection

This system helps when the temperature rises in our

too breif Summer

David

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Phil, I was waiting for the next bit "And thats nothing like good woodworking" 

I think I might have removed the bent nail before posting a pic! ;)

Otherwise looking good fella but you should make it double track, you know you want to. Is the stripboard glued to just the cork because it might move? Maybe two pieces of stripboard on top of each other glued or screwed to the wood would be more secure?

Right you muvva hubbards!
The Nail is in fact a screw, it went half way in and then would go no further despite my attempts. As a result the head is now completely worn away and I couldn't get it out so I decided th whack it with a hammer, which I find solves most problems.
You two (Ian and Phil) are starting to become a bit of a problem with your comments so watch out!  :jester:

Duncan, David and Graham. Thankyou for your comments and advice, you can come again..

No news on the layout front really.. Waiting for another telescopic wagon to arrive by the friendly postie and also some more transfers, this time from modelmaster to see if they are better.

Cheers

Scott

Right you muvva hubbards!

The Nail is in fact a screw, it went half way in and then would go no further despite my attempts. As a result the head is now completely worn away and I couldn't get it out so I decided th whack it with a hammer, which I find solves most problems.

You two (Ian and Phil) are starting to become a bit of a problem with your comments so watch out!  :jester:

I've found that if you do a bad enough job, Ian just comes round and re-does it anyway.

Phil

Evening all,

I'd like to say that I've achieved lots in the garage since the last post but alas I've been working so no time at all. Tonight was my first evening off so I have laid the track at the other end of the flap, thats now soldered to the copper board and rails cut. Seems to work too, so thats a bonus.
The rest of the time tonight has been spent staring at the garage thinking "what to do next"..  I really should write a list, that might help. The top of it will be Tidy the garage again! 

The layout is fairly quiet, with most of the stock put away whilst I do the DIY bit.

I did however manage to catch a couple of workings that broke the silence of the empty yard.

First up was 37427 on an engineers train, heading for Morfa bank sidings.   

post-6849-0-11366200-1363643173.jpg

Whilst 427 was held at a red light, 37905 creeped in with a LLanwern - Alexandra Dock Junction move.

post-6849-0-38872200-1363643207.jpg

Other than that, there was nothing going on.

Cheers

Archived