Class 144/143 Project Up-Date

charliepetty

Maybe this is RT's secret next unit - a B*** P******?

Cheers,

Mick

This is the RTR test bed unitwe were hoping for late last year, we are slightly behind on shedule at the moment. Waiting to get this chassis here for evaluation.

If you had'nt noticed, the running unit is the 143!

143/144 Update.

For those interested the electrical system between the cars is ready for evaluation. See the YouTube clip above re the running testing. The things been running round and round for ages without we have been told 'Any problems'

Looking good, should have a runner hear shortly, That's a Chinese shortly!!!

post-3411-0-52955700-1329740637_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-24153400-1329740663_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi can you tell us if there is any news on this project.

Richard

We are sat here waiting for Test Sample 2 with hopefully ALL the modifications that we requested on the above Test Sample 1. These include:

170 Additional Rivits, Polishing of Window Glazing mould, Small modification to bufferbeam on 144 model, circuit board/DCC amendments. We expect these shortly, saying that the project is now 'Officially' late, but that's the chinese way, I'am afraid.

Charlie

• 2 months later...

We are sat here waiting for Test Sample 2 with hopefully ALL the modifications that we requested on the above Test Sample 1. These include:

170 Additional Rivits, Polishing of Window Glazing mould, Small modification to bufferbeam on 144 model, circuit board/DCC amendments. We expect these shortly, saying that the project is now 'Officially' late, but that's the chinese way, I'am afraid.

Charlie

Full testing underway on the pre-production Northern liveried model, 2 shows under its belt, one on DC and two full days at Blackburn on DCC with sound!

Looking good, Youtube clips shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

144 NEWS FLASH

The 144s have left the factory on the way to Shanghai Port, shipping information awaited. 

STOP PRESS: Metro Red 144 operates passenger services in Scotland!  See clip! 

NEWS:

The boat with 1,300 Class 144s has sailed from China today:    Captain has been warned to keep a lookout for enemy submarines!!

• RMweb Premium

NEWS:

The boat with 1,300 Class 144s has sailed from China today:    Captain has been warned to keep a lookout for enemy submarines!!

DJ Dave has been quiet lately, I wonder if he's in the Indian Ocean somewhere at periscope depth! :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

I hope the container ship's captain has plenty of string to hold the halves of the ship together if it breaks in two

Asked the Chinese about extra string and they confirmed clearly, they said:

We understand, we hoppy, you hoppy soon, string! what is string, do you not mean tring, as we have tring, can we give extra tring, ok we provide tring, how many tring do you use now. We need you tell us as we have tring hear soon, we order tring for us to give you plenty tring. You hoppy now?

MY REPLY:  Sorry tied up up the moment, Will tring you back!

THERE RESPONSE:  Thank you Chorley, you call soon, we busy messing other customers about with incorrect delivery dates, we happy that you hoppy and when you receive your 441 muddle, you be very hoppy. Why does captain of boot look for underwater boot, we send on big ship, Hi-Cube containers leak underwater. This is why all your 441 muddles are in clear plastic bogs, clear bogs mean you see soon.

GREAT:  Perfectly understood, this might sound silly, BUT conversations in English to a Chines Guy can end up this way, HONEST!  Charlie

• RMweb Premium

Charlie kindly loaned me one of his review batch of 144's to test on New Bryford. Although I've regularly had my hands on the various devlopment units, this is a full production item and has never been out of the box

Straight out of the box, it runs smoothly and managed to negotiate some less than perfect tracklaying on New Bryford. Peco code 75 medium pointwork on the scenic sections and a mix of curved and short radius code 100 in the storage yards.

In both powered car leading and trailing modes it ran well with the only derailment occuring when I managed to run it through an incorrectly set point.......

I've fitted it with a standard DCC decoder, but hoping that Charlie will lend me a Loksound micro before the upcoming Blackburn exhibition, when it can get a full workout.

Here's a dodgy phone pic of the 144 looking at home on New Bryford.

post-408-0-31193000-1377715033_thumb.jpg

Charlie and Arran have every right to be proud of their baby that has gone through a long labour!

Cheers,

Mick

Archived