EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Presumably judging by that he will make sure he puts on a warm coat before he starts wrapping up the item!! (Read the first part of the ridiculously over long and silly p&p section carefully :lol: )

Also another mis-informed EBayer who believes that if the Royal Mail lose the item it is the responsibility of the purchaser to chase it up, IT'S NOT, it is the responsibility of the seller/sender. The 'here is the tracking number now go away and sort it out whilst I trouser your money as its your problem now' brigade really need a kick in the reality check.

All that drivel about posting conditions, an attempt to force the buyer into a contract (by bidding you accept the above etc etc) which I'm fairly sure is against ebay's terms of use, slagging off four countries, and the best description he can muster is "see photos for details". Maybe uploading some would be a good start then? ;)

People often get a bit confused about the definition of irony. Fortunately, this seller has helped us out. Irony is writing the following childish piece of bad English:

FRENCH, SPANISH, ITALIAN, GERMAN, E-BAY BIDDERS Please DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION WITHOUT PERMISSION YOU WILL NEED TO EMAIL ME FIRST SO I CAN ASSESS IF YOU WRITE AND UNDERSTAND FLUENT ENGLISH AND THEN CHECK YOUR FEEDBACK WITH YOUR PAST INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS I WILL NOT SEND ITEM IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPILED WITH THE ABOVE REQUEST THESE DESPERATELY SAD ACTIONS ARE NOW NECESSARY DUE TO THE UNACCEPTABLE PETULANT CHILDLIKE BAD behavior OF YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMAN

A little more effort at presenting the item for sale - such as, oh, I don't know, a picture or two - and a little less preaching to UK buyers (and ranting to everyone else) would be nice, too.

People often get a bit confused about the definition of irony. Fortunately, this seller has helped us out. Irony is writing the following childish piece of bad English:

FRENCH, SPANISH, ITALIAN, GERMAN, E-BAY BIDDERS Please DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION WITHOUT PERMISSION YOU WILL NEED TO EMAIL ME FIRST SO I CAN ASSESS IF YOU WRITE AND UNDERSTAND FLUENT ENGLISH AND THEN CHECK YOUR FEEDBACK WITH YOUR PAST INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS I WILL NOT SEND ITEM IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPILED WITH THE ABOVE REQUEST THESE DESPERATELY SAD ACTIONS ARE NOW NECESSARY DUE TO THE UNACCEPTABLE PETULANT CHILDLIKE BAD behavior OF YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMAN

A little more effort at presenting the item for sale - such as, oh, I don't know, a picture or two - and a little less preaching to UK buyers (and ranting to everyone else) would be nice, too.

This really is quite unbelieveable, surely its against ebay policy. As already mentioned, not even a picture of the item for sale. Its kn*bs like this that give ebay a bad name.

cheers

Shane

BNP To5ser anyone ???

BNP To5ser anyone ???

In the interests of keeping the topic open, I'd steer clear of that particular political minefield. The seller gives no indication of any inclination of that nature, only that he's had bad experiences in the past posting items abroad.

• Like 1

Not over step the mark but I did check out the sellers feedback and in a word it dose not give a lot of confidence to the prospective buyer.

Terry

What I can't figure is the vast majority of positive feedback. Are there really people who buy off eBay but have no idea that Amazon exists. Are the buying public really so gullible? I could see this if they were selling stuff that's only otherwise available from some obscure shop that nobody has heard of but that's not what Amazon sells.

Mind you, if you really want to see some eBay madness try

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8703928.stm

• RMweb Gold

What I can't figure is the vast majority of positive feedback. Are there really people who buy off eBay but have no idea that Amazon exists. Are the buying public really so gullible? I could see this if they were selling stuff that's only otherwise available from some obscure shop that nobody has heard of but that's not what Amazon sells.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8703928.stm

All you need to do is sit in an auction room occasionally and watch what happens with the bidding. I have seen r-t-r items go at auction for total costs (i.e. hammer price + commission + the VAT) for 10-20% more than the manufacturer's RRP. When it comes to buying all sorts of things it is amazing just how many gullible, or ill-informed, people there are out there ready to be parted from their money.

http://news.bbc.co.u...yne/8703928.stm

Darwin Awards material.

• RMweb Gold

[/size]

In the interests of keeping the topic open, I'd steer clear of that particular political minefield. The seller gives no indication of any inclination of that nature, only that he's had bad experiences in the past posting items abroad.

Well said ragtag, forum policies are quite clear on the subject of politics and imflammatory comments

I wouldn't be that surprised if it sells though. It does look awful but has been described as if it's better than it is. How many armchair bidders would not know the inside of a 66 and want something to sit in their shed. He should have left it as 135 as that 8 looks awful!

If a Class 66 engine bay looks anything like that then I think it's best left covered up! Looks a bit like vandalism to me and a waste of a good model.

I'd buy it for £10.00 and chuck a new body on it if I wasn't modelling steam.

Jules

They've put HST bogies on the motor coach - maybe it goes 125 mph!

They 'feel it would look good on any layout.'

I beg to differ. It would look absolutely fantastic on mine.

We mock this item, but it's got 2 bidders and is on £75 with two days to go. Not bad for a few tired old Hornby Pullman coaches, a few hours work and a few seconds of research. Fetch me my scalpel, I'm sure I can knock up a few "emus". :lol:

Keep it to yourself....or they'll ALL be wantin' one!!! :D

ooooeeerr missus, 'ere comes anuvver Brighton Belle!

I never knew that Kadee couplers were so expensive :O

See item no 270580947692 , with a bit over a hour to go they have reached £16.55 plus postage for three packs containing two pairs of couplers. A quick websearch finds them @ £2.90/pack. That's £8.70 brand new for three packs of two pairs. Someone will be very happy to get that price!!!!

Ebay item 230479845664

Wow these Strathclyde Liveried 107 DMU's were out quick, and look how they have gone up in value so quickly, when they came out "ages ago" they have gone from £119.99 including P+P from Harburn Hobbies to.......well just look and see for yourself.

It's not me, honest... But it sure is someone in the B-seventy districts...

Don't look at me - it's probably that Harvey bloke!

Sorry Pete, I'm only kidding!

As you say, that's one heck of a mark-up. I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in seeing if anyone stumps up the cash. Again, I bemoan the way that Ebay is not just for auctions any more - £225 (or best offer) is not what it's all about, IMHO. Have a ruddy auction man, if you think it's worth that much. If it is, it'll reach that figure. As it is, you put off anyone with any sense.

Ebay item 230479845664

Wow these Strathclyde Liveried 107 DMU's were out quick, and look how they have gone up in value so quickly, when they came out "ages ago" they have gone from £119.99 including P+P from Harburn Hobbies to.......well just look and see for yourself.

Just flicked through ebay, this item has been relisted @ £99.99 + P+P £9.20 as an auction...... couldn't belive it didn't sell @ £225.00 or best offer.