EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

My first instincts are this is some mid teens tea leaf (probably one of those featured as a fuzzy blob in a nicked Vauxhall Corsa with no insurance on Police Interceptors on Channel 5) who is offloading some bent goods. Something is very much not right about this...

Pity he didn't think to also steal a digital camera so we could see what he is actually fencing selling!!

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone else ever heard of fresh gauge?

I have sent the seller a question to find out what scale fresh gauge is and I think it should be interesting to see what the reply is.

Chris

I have the reply on what scale fresh gauge is!!!

"wat i mean is that the intercity train is fresh that mean thatr it works and nothing missioning from its sorry if i have mess up your mind"

So that tells me all I need to know. The descriptions and answers that I have seen from this seller remind me of some that I have seen from the Far East. Some Far Eastern suppliers are VERY GOOD but a few are downright fraudulant and the replies here seem to be getting close to the latter.

I would avouid this seller at all costs!

I have now written to him again and asked him what scale and gauge the item is. Don't hold your breath for any useful reply.

Chris

My first instincts are this is some mid teens tea leaf (probably one of those featured as a fuzzy blob in a nicked Vauxhall Corsa with no insurance on Police Interceptors on Channel 5) who is offloading some bent goods. Something is very much not right about this...

Pity he didn't think to also steal a digital camera so we could see what he is actually fencing selling!!

However, there's no chance of any action being taken against anyone who is listing stolen goods, because I expect the police have better things to do. But take some comfort from eBay's stance on the matter (my bold):

"The sale of stolen goods is forbidden on eBay because it's against the law to sell stolen property. eBay strongly supports law enforcement efforts to recover stolen property listed on its website. However, we can only investigate such a serious allegation if it comes from the police.If you believe that an item on eBay may be a stolen item, please inform your local police and ask them to get in touch with us. The investigating officer can then use the contact details provided in our Safety Centre: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/law_enforcement.html"

It's forbidden because it's against the law. Oh, well that's that then. I thought it might be forbidden because there's a 'Y' in the month.

• RMweb Gold

I asked

Dear jfcsamsung2010,

I doubt that I could afford a Class 91 at York, so what is it that you are trying to sell?

The response?

OO gauge

- jfcsamsung2010

Jeesh, I can't get my breath.

I have the reply on what scale fresh gauge is!!!

"wat i mean is that the intercity train is fresh that mean thatr it works and nothing missioning from its sorry if i have mess up your mind"

So that tells me all I need to know. The descriptions and answers that I have seen from this seller remind me of some that I have seen from the Far East. Some Far Eastern suppliers are VERY GOOD but a few are downright fraudulant and the replies here seem to be getting close to the latter.

I would avouid this seller at all costs!

I have now written to him again and asked him what scale and gauge the item is. Don't hold your breath for any useful reply.

Chris

Sorry could not help myself on this one ,sent him this message ..

Its same train yes i do have some in stock its same train ?

its fresh and i make sure product working and verythink ?

Is this a model ,what scale ,what make ..IE Hornby, or is you selling a photo, me think?

As i am looking for a 125 model

Do you have any photos of it?

Darren....

• RMweb Premium

Sorry could not help myself on this one ,sent him this message ..

Its same train yes i do have some in stock its same train ?

its fresh and i make sure product working and verythink ?

Is this a model ,what scale ,what make ..IE Hornby, or is you selling a photo, me think?

As i am looking for a 125 model

Do you have any photos of it?

Darren....

I sent the following question:-

Many thanks for your reply.

Could you now answer the question - What Scale is this item and what Gauge?

Many thanks.

And I now have a reply:-

honby bulitin britain 12v intercity

Which gives us a good idea that it might be a 4mm scale model for OO gauge, but we have to make an educated guess as he can't answer a question to save his life. In fact the English is on a par with some Far Eastern stuff I have seen.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I managed to get the following information:

i selling the engine its only one and it workings very good test

However the listing has now been removed.

PS I have just checked and ALL his items have been removed.

Sorry could not help myself on this one - I have no self control and like winding folks up ...
Me thinks this guy is guilty as sin and deserves all he gets

But quite possibly we are talking about a kid with learning difficulties and poor grasp of language, who has just learnt (the hard way) that not all bullies are at school. Simon.

• Like 1

He is no longer a registered user by the looks of things, methinks either Ebay saw something fishy was going on or he has had his collar felt (probably not for the first time) by the local constabulary.

Or maybe some has pulled his dongle out!....me thinks!laugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

He is no longer a registered user by the looks of things, methinks either Ebay saw something fishy was going on or he has had his collar felt (probably not for the first time) by the local constabulary.

He IS still a member. I just checked. His items may be gone, but he is still registered.

Also John I am very curious to know what evidence you have that justifies your first post and the second half of your second post. Your statements could be very defamatory about a specific and identifiable person.

He IS still a member. I just checked. His items may be gone, but he is still registered.

Also John I am very curious to know what evidence you have that justifies your first post and the second half of your second post. Your statements could be very defamatory about a specific and identifiable person.

I'm curious as to what train of thought could make you think the seller is in any way genuine?

Meanwhile ----->here is a real luck of the draw

Based on that single photo, I wouldn't be bidding at all.....laugh.gif

There's also an Alan Gibson kit of a GWR county 4.4.2 loco that appears to have parts of a pannier added to it and 060 wheels .......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OO-GWR-4-4-2T-COUNTY-TANK-LOCO-BRASS-NICKEL-SILVER-KIT-/380245569129?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

That is interesting because when I went on eBay this morning and clicked on his profile it said he was no longer a registered user and I have checked again now and it still says that!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

That is interesting because when I went on eBay this morning and clicked on his profile it said he was no longer a registered user and I have checked again now and it still says that!

Chris

Find a member

Checked at 23:00 hrs today

1 exact match and 0 close matches for member: jfcsamsung2010

User ID Member for Location About me Shop Seller's items

Exact match:

Member IDjfcsamsung2010 ( Feedback score of 0 ) Less than 1 Month Essex,United Kingdom

Close matches:

There's also an Alan Gibson kit of a GWR county 4.4.2 loco that appears to have parts of a pannier added to it and 060 wheels .......

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...odels&hash=item

Quote from advert:

"MY HUSBAND PAID QUITE A BIT FOR THIS ITEM HE STARTED TO MAKE IT BUT HIS EYES WERE TO BAD SO HE STOPPED AND BOXED IT UP"

Looks like his eyes were so bad that bits were just put in whatever box was to hand.....ohmy.gif

Anyone fancy a lucky dip?

Am I the only one that finds some of the content of this forum area a little bit condescending? Some of these sellers, by their own admission admit they have no clue what it is they are selling, even ask for advice!

With out any real knowledge of a seller, they can be publicly held up for ridicule, and to have the mickey taken.

Even claims of some selling stolen goods!

I do find some of this quite questionable, and a little distasteful.:(

Or is it just me?

• Like 2

dont get like that chaps, i really do not think that anyone on here would ridicule anyone else just for the hell of it. and when you get some very dodgy listings on the auction site that then get removed, then they are most likely stolen goods. ebay has a strict policy on this. i know that, once i listed a Bachmann 66, but as i misspelt Bachmann ebay withdrew the sale and sent me an email with thier rule on selling stolen goods ect. im sorry but if people cannot chat and have a bit of banter over some of the crud that gets listed on ebay then its a sad thing.

• Like 2