EBay madness

Marcyg

Argh! Now stop it! We've both had a go at "ironic" spelling mistakes, and now I don't know whether the people who corrected us were being ironic or not.

For my part, can I just say that, while I won't have a go at anyone's spelling (or typing) on here, anyone selling on Ebay ought to at least make an effort at spelling the descriptions on their items correctly. While it's highly amusing to spot the odd "Horny" engine, it wears a bit thin when yet another seller seems to think that "guage" is a real word, or that there/their/they're are basically the same... how poor must folk be that they can't afford a spellchecker?

The ones that get me are those that capitalise every single word. In my view that's harder to read than the shouty people who type with the caps lock on. Then there are those who treat punctuation like a game of pin the tale on the Donkey. Finally, my biggest pet hate are the ransom note writers who capitalise random letters. Why? I don't know.

Then there are the keyword spammers ("...suitable for Hornby, Trix, Bachmann, Lima, Heljan, any other train manufacturer I throw at this listing...") and those who don't seem to understand that if they mass produced thousands of an item, it isn't rare no matter how much you want it to be. Finally, those who seem incapable of describing the condition of their item as anything other than 'very good' or 'nice condition' when it is clear that it has been eaten by a dog, played with by a wannabe Ninja and beaten to within an inch of its life.

• Like 2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

. Finally, those who seem incapable of describing the condition of their item as anything other than 'very good' or 'nice condition' when it is clear that it has been eaten by a dog, played with by a wannabe Ninja and beaten to within an inch of its life.

Well I have been there, I bought a Branchline boxcar where it was described as "Very nice, as new", when it arrived it was obvious that it had been lying side down on a table and someone had spilled thinner there so that side was almost flat!

I got my money back, but I wont buy anything if they don´t show all sides of it.

• RMweb Premium

Nurse, the screens....

Have you checked out his other items? You can hardly blame the seller for trying his best to unload what appears to be a very 'unusual' collection he's bought, presumably from a freelance modeller with a vivid imagination!

• RMweb Premium

It's fresh and verythink, apparently :blink:

intercity

Has anyone else ever heard of fresh gauge?

I have sent the seller a question to find out what scale fresh gauge is and I think it should be interesting to see what the reply is.

Chris

It's fresh and verythink, apparently :blink:

intercity

Read the answers to questions about the item. He reckons it is actually the train shown in the photo, AND he's got several, so presumably they are victims of Government funding cuts and surplus to East Coast. Amazing what you learn from the unlikeliest of sources. rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Premium

Read the answers to questions about the item. He reckons it is actually the train shown in the photo, AND he's got several, so presumably they are victims of Government funding cuts and surplus to East Coast. Amazing what you learn from the unlikeliest of sources. rolleyes.gif

Now if Andy was to invest some of the funds the forum has he could set us up as a ROSCO and we could make millions for the site!!!!!

Chris

The responses to questions on his Mk.3 coaches are priceless.

Q: Is the item boxed?

A: : the product is new and no one touch it and its ready be soild the item is boxed

So it's boxed, then, presumably?

Q: Who is the manufacturer , and what is the manufacturers number on the box?

intercity train the box i have lost so i am not sure who made it but the intercity is good

So it's a brand new boxed item...for which you've lost the box...?

Given the seller's zero feedback and poor communication, I think I'll avoid ta.