The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Premium

The next refurb 60 - 063 has been out on test before repainting.

60063 is now red - http://www.flickr.co...260/6816068056/

I may have to add another to my fleet as it's very much one of my pet locos.

post-408-0-73591500-1331164254_thumb.jpg

Pic taken from the driver's seat about 7 years ago........... :O

Cheers,

Mick

I doubt it mate,

they seem to be clustered on the heaviest workings from Margam, Immingham, peak forest (?) and as photo above from warrington on the coal circuit.

bugg#r ,thanks for the info .

60071 has been on this working 6E54 through Burton Upon Trent....goes through around 12:15 and appeared today and yesterday.

is derby any good to see 60's?

if not where is the best place to see them ,in the midlands ie crewe?

post-7587-0-96497000-1331848792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Fisher

Today's Theale - Robeston empty tanks approaching Shrivenham (annoyingly 10 miles west of the sunshine ! Grrrr............)

I feel your pain with that - it's a location I've yet to 'nail' 6B33 in the sun. Got it in various dull and semi sun coniditons there.

Yesterday we drove to find the sun, forecast said Didcot cloud, Reading sun. So Lower Basildon and Pangbourne it was.

post-6899-0-59368000-1331914832_thumb.jpg

Here's 60074 running a bit early passing Pangbourne with 6B33 Theale - Robeston. It was nice to see 60074 out and about again

jo

• RMweb Premium

As I have Annual Leave coming up, I am planning on a few daytrips up north on a Priv discounted Weekly All Line Rover (probably one of the best tickets ever invented that almost no one knows anything about!) but my geographical knowledge north of third rail territory is a bit flaky. Am hoping to catch up with and photograph a 60 or three so I am betting on heading to the Warrington Bank Quay/Crewe area (and visit Liverpool to see Hattons as well of course!) but am I aiming in the right area?

• RMweb Gold

Am hoping to catch up with and photograph a 60 or three so I am betting on heading to the Warrington Bank Quay/Crewe area (and visit Liverpool to see Hattons as well of course!) but am I aiming in the right area?

Yes, provided the coals are running.

As I have Annual Leave coming up, I am planning on a few daytrips up north on a Priv discounted Weekly All Line Rover (probably one of the best tickets ever invented that almost no one knows anything about!) but my geographical knowledge north of third rail territory is a bit flaky. Am hoping to catch up with and photograph a 60 or three so I am betting on heading to the Warrington Bank Quay/Crewe area (and visit Liverpool to see Hattons as well of course!) but am I aiming in the right area?

3 60-hauled coal circuits are planned to run next week. Most likely to be 60045/60065/60099. 60007 is off back to Toton for a B exam shortly.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not too sure if its been mentioned on here before, but I was in Nottingham earlier today and saw about 10 Class 60's lined up looking slightly forlorn. Unfortunately I was working so didn't have time to stop and look further. You can see them off Brian Clough Way (A52) bridge when heading west.