GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Just thinking out loud whilst looking through your thread George. With all these lovely models you keep producing have you though of building a small photo plank purely to show them off on. Jinty has mad a superb one on his 7mm work bench thread. As I say just a thought.

Cheers

Marcus

Just thinking out loud whilst looking through your thread George. With all these lovely models you keep producing have you though of building a small photo plank purely to show them off on. Jinty has mad a superb one on his 7mm work bench thread. As I say just a thought.

Cheers

Marcus

That's a great idea Marcus would make the pictures look better, l have started to make all the track for my new layout and also made it smaller down to 7'6"as CW  was far to big as l didn't have room to move hopefully this will get me started...

• Like 1

That's a great idea Marcus would make the pictures look better, l have started to make all the track for my new layout and also made it smaller down to 7'6"as CW  was far to big as l didn't have room to move hopefully this will get me started...

Hi George, Binny has been to the Trowel Show today and said there was an O Gauge shunting Layout there just 4ft X 18 inches and really interesting.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with, but a Photo Plank only needs to be a scenic lenght of Track on a plank of wood about 2ft x 9 inches and some Whearhouses for a back drop.

Hi George, Binny has been to the Trowel Show today and said there was an O Gauge shunting Layout there just 4ft X 18 inches and really interesting.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with, but a Photo Plank only needs to be a scenic lenght of Track on a plank of wood about 2ft x 9 inches and some Whearhouses for a back drop.

Whorehouses, or warehouses??!!  :jester:

I'll get my coat!!

Regards, Deano.

Thanks for all the likes Guys, l had tried weathering powders before a long time ago and found them to be very messy with the powder getting everywhere, but l have found the new ones from Humbrol a delight to work with and not filling the air and surrounds with dust...

• Like 2

post-20299-0-05990000-1488289264_thumb.jpgpost-20299-0-35536000-1488289298_thumb.jpgpost-20299-0-92629500-1488289327_thumb.jpgpost-20299-0-75140200-1488289374_thumb.jpg

Hello Mark, After our little chat yesterday l think if you gently rub the offending areas down you could touch up with another spray over the top with the black ?

It's finished - at last! I'm not the speediest model builder but I get a lot of satisfaction when I do complete! Here are some pics.

Mark

• Like 4

l have decided to Build the track for 'Catherine's Wharf' after all so l have worked out how to use Templot, as l have the time to do it now as l have retired......

Happy retirement George, we'll look forward to even more of your lovely models then!

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty, Must get my head in gear now and think about the way forward, l started to make CW but it was far too big for the room l have, so l have removed one of the boards, so it now measures 7'6" x 2' and it gives me much more room around it, l am still wanting some sort of wharf with a lot of industrial buildings and wagon shunting ?

• Like 1

Thanks Deano, l think with O gauge you try to make the biggest base boards you can to fit it all in, but when you build it you soon realize that you cant move in the room and it becomes a pain, so l think the answer is to build a highly detailed SMALL layout, so you can run your locos on, we'll see where this goes soon...

• Like 2

Morning George, BIG Congrats on your early Retirement mate, make the most of it, and remember now, there is no rush to finish things, there's always tomorrow.

I hope to get up in a couple of weeks so I can have a look at developments on CW.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Thanks Deano, l think with O gauge you try to make the biggest base boards you can to fit it all in, but when you build it you soon realize that you cant move in the room and it becomes a pain, so l think the answer is to build a highly detailed SMALL layout, so you can run your locos on, we'll see where this goes soon...

Hi George

My trouble is I like big!! Once we've settled into our new house I've got a 24' x 12' workshop to fill!!! (...and another one 12' x 10' but that will be for the radio controlled planes and lathe, mill and pillar drill!!)

Regards, Deano.

• RMweb Gold

Hi George

My trouble is I like big!! Once we've settled into our new house I've got a 24' x 12' workshop to fill!!! (...and another one 12' x 10' but that will be for the radio controlled planes and lathe, mill and pillar drill!!)

Regards, Deano.

I don't know Deano, boasting again ... you'll get us all jealous with all that space! 

• Like 2

l have the time to do it now as l have retired......

That's what I thought when I retired, seems I'm doing less modelling now than when I was at work.

There's a long list of jobs that need doing built up over the last 40 years that I never had time for so didn't bother starting. They catch up with you in the end.

I don't know Deano, boasting again ... you'll get us all jealous with all that space! 

SORRY Peter!!! :O

As soon as we viewed this house, it ticked all the boxes for my good lady! Of course I didn't object when she wanted to make an offer.........

Regards, Deano.

• Like 2