GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Cracking photos at the East Lancs. I have mentioned elsewhere that I had to shovel all the coal out of the L&YR 52322 0-6-0's tender in 1960 when it was being sold from our shed, Lees 26F.  It was right in front of the shed masters office and I decided to give it a clean afterwards just for something to do (to keep me awake probably!). It positively shone when I'd finished, but when I was booking off at 4am one of the old drivers told me he knew I had used expensive lamp oil instead of cleaning oil and that it would go a right mess once a fire was lit in the old girl (his words). That wouldn't happen seeing as I had removed all the coal!  :boast:

• Like 3

Hi George

Congratulations on your retirement. There will be no stopping you now buddy. Just look at Bodgit.

Remember,now that you've joined Andy's club, we will be expecting a layout a week. HaHa.

Seriously though, all the best.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I once remember a certain singer stating that he did not like Mondays ... one of the things about retirement is that the Monday morning pressure has gone ... I like Mondays.

Peter

• Like 2

Wow mate, that looks excellent, I wish I'd know it was on, Jeff and I could have come up for the day. Looks like some good motive power too.

You probably recognise 48624, Andy. It is the GCR's 8F. You will have plenty of photos of that one

Binny

• Like 1

Hello Mate, Well l have a few locos in the pile, and l have also been offered a part built 8F, so who knows whats next ...Hahahaha

Hi George

You will be like me soon taking on everyone elses failures. I normally strip them down and start again. You never know what nasties are lurking if you don't. Good luck with it, i tried for an 8F off that auction site the other day. Went for silly money for a badly part build loco the end.

I've taken on a failed build of a Slater's 1F, very old kit from the looks of the box.  I agree with Peter, the thing should be stripped and started over.  I bought some new more up to date hornguides and bearings (those that are there are shockingly sloppy) and a Belpaire backhead.

John

• Like 1

Cheers Guys, Well the 8F turned up this evening, sadly it was a mess and badly put together with a lot missing, and he wanted silly money for it so l had to say no, shame...

Wise decision mate, a box of bits like that is a box of that's only fit for the BIN IMHO.