York MRS 2013

john new

• RMweb Gold

Early days I know but the York MRS confirmed dates, prices and opening times for Easter 2013 are now live on our website. Some changes in the tariff structure compared to previous shows and a slightly earlier closure time on the Monday evening. The Advance ticket office has reopened.

Nothing to give you yet regarding exhibitors and traders but we will post updates to the news & updates page as and when things are confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

With deep regret we have to announce that one of the long standing members of our organising committee (Joe Wills) has passed away following a very short illness.

The Advance Ticket service was in Joe's remit therefore for the short-term the advance ticket booking service for 2013 is suspended pending transfer to a new officer.

With deep regret we have to announce that one of the long standing members of our organising committee (Joe Wills) has passed away following a very short illness.

The Advance Ticket service was in Joe's remit therefore for the short-term the advance ticket booking service for 2013 is suspended pending transfer to a new officer.

Very sorry to hear that John. With the passing of Mike Cook last year and now Joe, is there anyone left from show number 1, 50 years ago?

A brilliant & nice guy, Very sad news indeed. I will miss the banter we had, hope he can use his railway pass when he arrives at his destination. Bye Joe, all the best.

Charlie Petty

A great shock to hear the news, which I have only just picked up after a weekend away. Joe was a real gent who will be sadly missed.

My condolences to all Joe's family.

In reply to PLD, I believe the only "original" now left from 50 years ago is Dick Dring (steward rostering officer).

Malcolm Scrimshaw

(Show Manager)

Very sad news indeed. Joe will be missed by us all on the team.

Arrangements are in hand to make advanced tickets available again very soon. The details will be posted on the York Show website, so if you want advanced tickets please keep an eye on the website.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Said goodby to Joe yesterday.

The team is meeing this coming Saturday and we are hopeful that the advanced tickets will be available from sometime next week. Please bear with us. In answer to PLD's query we still have one member of the team who has been involved since the start, so 50 years plus now.

Peter

Could this be a first for a model railway exhibiton? A bunch of lads on a stag do admiring the fine detail on a model

Well I think we managed a first last Easter with a marriage proposal from a future wife at the Show in front of one of the layouts.

Mal

I can picture the sc

Well I think we managed a first last Easter with a marriage proposal from a future wife at the Show in front of one of the layouts.

Mal

I can just picture the scene....

Woman: Darling, will you marry me,

Man: Hang on love, just shunting these wagons. What did you say?

Woman: Will YOU marry ME...

Man: By 'eck.... Yes.

Raptuous applause all round.... Brilliant.

Will have to see what find models are around when we attend next year....

• 2 weeks later...

Things are progressing with the Show organisation and Advanced Tickets will be available again soon. Details to go on the website. If anybody has ordered advanced tickets from Joe Wills the requests are being forwarded to me and I will deal with them as soon as I get them. Please bear with us.

Many thanks

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Early content updates for 2013 received from the Show Manager but I have been away from home helping my daughter move house. Back home now so updates to the YMRS website can be expected this week.

• RMweb Gold
Peterl posted - Things are progressing with the Show organisation and Advanced Tickets will be available again soon. Details to go on the website. If anybody has ordered advanced tickets from Joe Wills the requests are being forwarded to me and I will deal with them as soon as I get them. Please bear with us

Advance ticket page on the website now updated with new contact details.

• RMweb Gold

First update for the 2013 Show of the layouts listing now live. Traders page also updated for 2013.

Also a reminder that we have a facebook page and as we near the show date that will be the quickest place to find late change information so liking us via facebook is recommended.

• 2 months later...

The final details for the Show are now pretty much settled. The Show Guide is being finalised ready to go to the printers, just the hall plan and a few adverts to sort.  The website will be updated as details become available.  Advanced tickets will be available into March, but we cannot gaurantee the post, so the early you apply for your tickets the better.

Hope to see many RM webbers at York over Easter

Peter

That's a mighty fine list of layouts if you don't mind me saying so.

Looking forward to this show with the monster.

Cheers,

Mick

I'm in total agreement with you there Mick about the list of layouts plus in the past I have found the York show an all round great show to exhibit a layout.

This will be Bee Lane's first trip across the Pennines.

Carl

Archived