York MRS 2013

john new

Looking forward to this coming weekend. I've not been to the York show for a few years.

We will be down at the club rooms tonight breaking down Bee Lane ready for it's trip across the hills.

Planning to arrive at the venue around 3pm.

See you there.

Carl

• RMweb Gold

Will there be a representation from C&L or Marcways at the show this year?

I'm making the trip down Saturday. Never miss This show!

Over to you traders - can you answer the question and make WRLPG a happy punter!

I may be going to this great show on the Monday by train, as I don't have to work any overtime over Easter which I was surprised about when I received my time sheet!

Plus I'm glad I'm not going to a film night at a friends house in Sheffield tonight (I'm not really the biggest fan of films anyway) so that saves me a bit more money for Monday!

Clinkerford is all loaded up and ready to leave first thing in the morning! Clinkerford will be operated in a BR guise on at least one of the days at the show for the first time in its history, expect to see some lovely Midland prototypes as well as the ubiquitous pannier tank! ;) Really looking forward to this show, see you there Missy and many other RMWebber's!

Best Wishes

Paul

The 2mm Roadshow is loaded-up and ready for the 20 minute journey to the show. We're on the second floor this year - next to Jerry Clifford's 'Tucking Mill' layout, so come and say hello if you're passing. I'll be demo-ing on the Sunday and coming along as a visitor on one other day.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

I need to go to bed. Bacon butty and coffee in the morning before picking up the van to load Blackmill. Then probably a stopover at a greasy spoon somewhere near Blubberhouses to sustain me for the rest of the day.

Exhibiting is not a healthy eating weekend..........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Clinkerford is all loaded up and ready to leave first thing in the morning! Clinkerford will be operated in a BR guise on at least one of the days at the show for the first time in its history, expect to see some lovely Midland prototypes as well as the ubiquitous pannier tank! ;) Really looking forward to this show, see you there Missy and many other RMWebber's!

Best Wishes

Paul

Photos please..was coming up for my first York  but "stuff" has intervened..

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Travel alert - several exhibitors reported they had problems travelling to the show today for set up due to roadworks and a diversion on the A19 at Selby. If your route is via the Selby area check details.

Guest Tom F

Travel alert - several exhibitors reported they had problems travelling to the show today for set up due to roadworks and a diversion on the A19 at Selby. If your route is via the Selby area check details.

Long term road works I believe at Barlby near Selby regarding a round about. Have been hearing about it a lot on BBC Radio York.

Long term road works I believe at Barlby near Selby regarding a round about. Have been hearing about it a lot on BBC Radio York.

Car and light vehicles are ok and diverted through Barlby village. No hold ups when i went through today.

• RMweb Gold

One of our team who came up on Wednesday night said the same as waggy so possibly some of the diversion signs have fallen over, been nicked and/or are simply misleading.  We certainly had several very disgruntled exhibitors today arriving later than expected and complaining bitterly about the length of the diversion and extra time it had cost them. 

I came up A1/A64 so can't advise neutrally one way or t'other.

Photos please..was coming up for my first York  but "stuff" has intervened..

Chris

Well being a MR/GWR joint line it shouldn't be too much of a surprise to see the lovely Edwardian lines of a 1p and 2f gracing the roster at some point over the weekend. However, those in the know have heard strong rumours of potential gauging trials of an 8f and super D!! ;) The camera has been primed and I'm hoping to get some pics of any special workings over the weekend!

Sorry to hear you can't make it Chris!

Best wishes

Paul

I spent just short of 4 hours at the York show today.

A nice mixture of Eras, and gauges made for an enjoyable show.

Packed crowds made some of the viewing a bit of a squeeze, but i managed to see most of them.

A big difference between Doncaster and York shows were the traders. Not alot of RTR stuff about at York.

I bought ( you have to buy something as a reminder!) two Parkside 21 ton wagon kits, decals and some paint.

Paul

A first class show, arrived for opening at 9.45 and left when they threw the stragglers out!

A first class selection of layouts and traders and some really exceptional modelling. Highlights too numerous to mention, trade was good but I came away with a similar view to Birdseyecircus about the lack of RTR, although on reflection I can't really say why. There were several traders with RTR although maybe the selection was a bit limited compared to some of the "commercial" shows.

Overall, for £7 (£8 on the door), this was great value for money. Anybody thinking of going tomorrow, this year isn't one to miss.

• RMweb Premium

Good exhibition, as others I feel it needs one of the big RTR traders with a good range of wagons & coaching stock.

The RTR traders who were there mainly had locomotives

A good day out, well done to the exhibition team.

Eltel

Archived