Creedyford

treggyman

Hi Bill

Glade you had a good day yesterday. It seems like the attendance is on the way up as I was at High Wycombe with Hounslow Sidings and it was very busy all day. So let's hope the exhibitions are on there up again.

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray

Hope all went well at High Wycombe....

As regards the audience what was nice to see was a lot of young families really engaging with the layout's features.....

There were the usual punters who I recognise from other shows as well but it is the youngsters who need to be encouraged.....

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Bill, been reading my way through for a fair while, excellent topic and build. Looks a super layout.

Not my era but enjoyed it all the same as it’s on one of my favourite lines to Barnstaple.

If you ever do decide to sell it do pm me.

Cheers

Ade

Hi Bill, been reading my way through for a fair while, excellent topic and build. Looks a super layout.

Not my era but enjoyed it all the same as it’s on one of my favourite lines to Barnstaple.

If you ever do decide to sell it do pm me.

Cheers

Ade

Hi Ade

Thanks very much for the above comment & for all the likes you've given the thread......

Really appreciated....

As regards selling I've sent you a PM....

Cheers Bill

• 4 months later...

Hi All

Creedyford is out next weekend at the Helston show 27 / 28th April at Helston school......

This week will be taken up with making sure all still works in between my full time carers role.....

Also my helper on Saturday...My grandson....Has been roped in by his mother to help with scouts so I will be on my own.....

My son will be assisting on Sunday though......

Might be the layout's last outing in this guise as no more invites on the table....

If any of you are visiting the show please say hello...

Cheers Bill

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, treggyman said:

Hi All

Creedyford is out next weekend at the Helston show 27 / 28th April at Helston school......

This week will be taken up with making sure all still works in between my full time carers role.....

Also my helper on Saturday...My grandson....Has been roped in by his mother to help with scouts so I will be on my own.....

My son will be assisting on Sunday though......

Might be the layout's last outing in this guise as no more invites on the table....

Cheers Bill

I will be there with Hounslow Sidings so I will say hi now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treggyman said:

Cheers Bill

Should be there Saturday Bill.

Will be in Helston Fri pm, so if you need any help setting up let me know, and I'll

see what I can negotiate.

Looking forward to meeting up at last.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mulgabill said:

Should be there Saturday Bill.

Will be in Helston Fri pm, so if you need any help setting up let me know, and I'll

see what I can negotiate.

Looking forward to meeting up at last.

Hi Tony

Yes it will be good to put a face to a name at last....

Thanks for the offer of help on Friday setting up but I should be fine as my grandson will be helping me & hopefully my son when he finishes work.

However if you want a play on Saturday you would be most welcome.....

Look forward to meeting up on Saturday....

Cheers Bill

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Would love to see this layout Bill, but alas Cornwall is a little too far from Crewe. Hope all goes well and I look forward to some pics :sungum:

Hi Iron Horse

Thanks for your good wishes......

As you say Crewe is a brave (long) way from Cornwall....

There was a time when I would have been able to accept invitations & travel away so it might have been possible to show Creedyford (& my other layouts ) in the midlands & further north......but due to SWMBO's health it is not possible now....

Thus it is I can only realisticly attend shows in Cornwall & then hope she is well enough at the show date......

Hope to take some pics on Sunday as I'm on my own on Saturday so might be a tad difficult....

Thanks again for your good wishes...

Cheers Bill

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi All

Well Creedyford is all set up & waiting for the coming show this weekend at Helston School.......

Couldn't figure out why the traverser retaining bolts wouldn't line up....

Until I realised I'd set the traverser up 180 degrees to how it should have been....

Also the point at the Exeter end wouldn't quite throw enough......

This was because at the last outing the blade came adrift & when resoldered I hadn't quite got it right & the tie bar was catching on the ballast.....Easily sorted.....

The most worrying thing is that each train when put on the track ran impeccably without derailing or causing any problem.....

This has never happened before.....

Normally I don't put the stock on right & it takes a round or two before each set settles down...& getting the track joints set right takes a while....

They'll probably all fall off tomorrow......

Thanks go to my Grandson who helped this evening....He will be back on Sunday with his dad to help which will be nice......

As things stand this is Creedyford's last outing.....So will try & take a pic or two over the weekend.....

Cheers Bill

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi All

Thanks to Ken Hyland & the Helston & Falmouth club for inviting Creedyford to their most enjoyable show......

Well fed & watered by a friendly bunch of members....

I really enjoyed it & it seemed to be well supported ....Especially on the Saturday.....

Thanks to Bodmin MRC for sending over a relief helper on the Saturday when I was operating on my own....

The offer of help was greatly appreciated.......

Great to put a face to a name....Tony aka Mulgabil......It was really good to meet you & your good lady wife....

Thanks again for the book & hope you enjoyed your 'play'......

You picked up the operation of the layout really quickly & I had no qualms about leaving you on your own while I went & got a coffee........

It was a very enjoyable weekend......

Got an invite to another exhibition in Bude......

Was asked for this August bank holiday but already bookrd with Hendra so going next year......

This means Creedyford has a stay of execution 'till after then at least......

Anyway a few pics......Oddly shows normally go quiet on the Sunday afternoon but there seemed a steady flow of punters so not as many picture opportunities as I would have liked......But a selection.....IMG_6805.resized.JPG.81e9923f38d6cbd570cf860db133b826.JPGIMG_6811.resized.JPG.b1516b98dfcf0522c8f9597198b6433f.JPGIMG_6812.resized.JPG.fc4ed307daec78a6ebc56187d0bec81b.JPGIMG_6814.resized.JPG.7a57decd65504a1629bdc9caf0ca418d.JPGIMG_6816.resized.JPG.727a5460066f858cf724f2bcf6311ac3.JPGIMG_6818.resized.JPG.d563051a703a4f0438de0750b6911f39.JPG

IMG_6820.resized.JPG.1da3399ea70014119e72ec49e9450eca.JPGIMG_6821.resized.JPG.86188d0f0ffdb309316e8eebb0cf09c1.JPG

IMG_6826.resized.JPG.d0664ddd03b42190e8def712c8357f9c.JPG

Well that's all for tonight....I'll sift through the other pics & see if any are worth posting tomorrow.....

Cheers Bill

IMG_6819.resized.JPG

IMG_6827.resized.JPG

Edited by treggyman
Couldn't find a way to finish the entry
  • Like 10

Bill

Many thanks for your hospitality on Saturday.

It was so welcoming and informative. And I couldn't believe it when Mrs Mulgabill commented I'd been

over 2 hours with your layout. Must have been enjoyings myself, 'cos I thought she meant from when we

had arrived!

Whilst a little daunting at first, Creedyford was a joy to operate, and so trouble free!

It was also so noticeable that the kids at the show were drawn to your crossing lights etc, like

moths to a flame.

Unfortunately the pics have'nt come out as well as I'd hoped but I'll put some below, and will add a few

more over the next few days.

DSC_2629.JPG.93224acb440e206d6fbe483771e2331f.JPG

DSC_2630.JPG.ecd7d017b1f87383668dc360f0231a7b.JPG

Once again thanks for your time, it was really good to meet at last, and don't forget to let me know

should you ever get up our way.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Nice set of pictures from this lovely layout. Bill it sounds like you had a good weekend.

Hi Melangoose

Thanks for the above comment......

Yes I did have a very enjoyable weekend....

Friendly club members & punters with unsolicited offers of help....

Sunday with son & grandson to assist....

What could be better...........

Cheers Bill

Cheers Bill

Hi Tony

Thank you for your kind words....Really appreciated......

Also thanks for the pics........

They are better than a lot that I took......

I had an advantage that I took a lot more than you.....

It was really good to see you get to grips with the layout  & operate it competently so quickly.....

As regards the level crossing I like to have something that kids (the future of our hobby ) can relate to or be entertained by......

On Penhallick junction it's the bonfire or current GWR stock that they've seen.......

If ONE child joins our hobby it's worth it......& the parents love it too......

Great to meet up with you & hopefully one day SWMBO's health will mean I can accept invitations further away from home......

All the best...

Cheers Bill

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Always good to see some more images. Glad there's a reprieve as well, would be nice to see again if possible :)

Hi Rich

Thanks for that....

I must admit that as time goes on I'm more pleased with how the layout performs & looks.....

The variety of stock that can be run is quite wide within the era portrayed.....

It is also a good excuse to run my Blue Diesel stock...If that's the right phrase......

Any plans to change it are on hold & if anything improvements are the order of the day....

But not 'till Hendra's finished.....

Certainly hope to travel up to your neck of the woods again with it sometime....

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Glad you had a good weekend the pics are very good and nice to the layout again like the cameos on it plus the rolling stock is excellent.

Hi  Imsforever

Thanks for the above post....Greatly appreciated.....

AS stated above it was an enjoyable weekend & hopefully a good time was had by all......Certainly was by me.....

Cheers Bill

Hi All

Thanks Tony for the above pictures....

They've come out very well & capture the scene as it should be....Bright & sunny......

A few more from me taken on Saturday.......

I tried taking some from the  'inside' of the layout....The operators view......

Unfortunatly for obvious reasons the background is naff & most were rubbish but here are three of the best.....

IMG_6771.resized.JPG.e39fdf40a5bb0f894bc62ab14dcc9b2a.JPGIMG_6775.JPG.58719e7f3150fdbe1698a30a8980028f.JPG

IMG_6773.resized.JPG.c7785ce7fc06fc4d4b0e9e97773393c5.JPGSo now some from the front......The punters view......

WIMG_6796.resized.JPG.c9fe79f0058b88ffd322a924925cda7b.JPGWell one anyway.... The rest will follow in the next post.........

I AM STRUGGLING WITH THIS NEW SITE !!!!!!! GRRRRR !!!!!

cHEERS bILL

IMG_6775.resized.JPG

• Like 5

Hi again

More pics as promised above.....

IMG_6787.resized.JPG.cf87cebd82962afaf14be8cb506fb5b2.JPGIMG_6789.resized.JPG.75594599946e103330b179924e7f0f2d.JPGIMG_6793.resized.JPG.b14514808b51357f5da542e793e8f8c9.JPGIMG_6796.resized.JPG.1e3694b429396103b60cc99d1f260b25.JPGIMG_6798.resized.JPG.ea0b0eb1ed6d38b2354cc8478f3d54e6.JPGWell that took ages to do something that I once found easy.......

What a wonderful 'new' site we have.....

I used to enjoy posting stuff on here but now ...& it's probably just me.....I DON'T......

Cheers Bill

Anyway rant over

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, treggyman said:

Well that took ages to do something that I once found easy.......

What a wonderful 'new' site we have.....

I used to enjoy posting stuff on here but now ...& it's probably just me.....I DON'T......

Cheers Bill

Anyway rant over

I tend to agree Bill, I found the old site far more user friendly and readable.

Thanks for the pics though, the layout looks fab

• Thanks 1