Creedyford

treggyman

Last 2 from me

DSC_2634.JPG.e3be3f5b6771595362cce95338bd086b.JPGDSC_2635.JPG.c8f41d7edf5bcaf26b010dfdb9b41bb1.JPG

As  an aside, how long is your fiddle yard, Bill? Looks like I could get a 4' (maybe 5' max) traverser onto the

"door" frame we talked about. Also what sive drawer runners should I choose? As in how much do they move

relative to their quoted length.

Once agian thanks for the hospitality, and all the best 'til next time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tony

Thanks for the above....Again very nice pics.....

It was a pleasure to meet you & glad you enjoyed your 'play'....

I'l pop upstairs & measure the traverser later & also the 'throw' relating to quoted length.....

Cheers Bill

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

I tend to agree Bill, I found the old site far more user friendly and readable.

Thanks for the pics though, the layout looks fab

Hi Adrian,

I'ts probably just me but I find change for the sake of change annoying.....

The problem is as I see it is that unless you're a computer whizzkid & know about computers almost intuitively then it is a problem for someone like me....

I have to rely on instruction as I don't understand how computers work.....

& I don't know where the instructions are or where to find them so progress is by trial & a lot of error.......

Any way.....Moan over......

Thanks again for the comment......

Cheers Bill

• RMweb Gold

Bill, sorry you're having troubles. Unfortunately the changes were necessary to make the site secure. What's the issue, is it photo uploading? There is a cap on file sizes per post of 10Mb so if your photos are large you may not get many per post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Bill, sorry you're having troubles. Unfortunately the changes were necessary to make the site secure. What's the issue, is it photo uploading? There is a cap on file sizes per post of 10Mb so if your photos are large you may not get many per post.

Hi Rich

I know of the cap on photo size & I did inadvertantly send one unresized which meant that I had to send the pics in two posts......

It's more the way the photos are 'listed 'if that's the right way to put it......

The old way listed them & you could add them in whatever order you wanted......I now have to hope I drop them in the right place....

As you can see from my post above I accidentally got two of the same picture & couldn't get rid of the second one however hard I tried...& so it got sent twice...

I know that has happened before when I hadn't npticed but this time I knew it was there & couldn't remove it.....

There diesn't seem to be a preview post option  so I can check I'm about to post what I wanted....

Also trying to get a gap between the pictures is impossibe for me as is trying to add text between them......

As I said....It's me that is the problem as I don't understand how the thing works & haven't been able to figure out how to sort it.....

I do have other issues with the use of the site & things moving(prototype special interests) & disappearing (status updates) but that's another issue...

Thanks for your concern.......I'm sure I'll get there in the end...

Cheers Bill

• Friendly/supportive 2

23 hours ago, Mulgabill said:

As  an aside, how long is your fiddle yard, Bill? Looks like I could get a 4' (maybe 5' max) traverser onto the

"door" frame we talked about. Also what sive drawer runners should I choose? As in how much do they move

relative to their quoted length.

Hi Tony

Attached is a rough diagram of the dimensions of the traverser not to scale.

1772551947_Traverserdiagram.jpg.04bee9948add72bdfcd136b8c144e357.jpgl

Looking in my screw fix catalogue the nearest on is Cat No 55282 on p212 which shows a standard ball bearing drawer runner of 500mm length.

I would suggest you don't want the soft close option as you want the runner to stay where it is not move to close.

There are three sizes available......

If in doubt ask the assistants to show them to you.....

I have found their staff in our local store to be very helpful & they have got items for me to look at when asked.....

Usual disclaimer....No connection just a satisfied customer.

Cheers Bill

l

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 6 months later...
22 hours ago, Rhysb said:

Great looking layout, great atmosphere 

Hi Rhysb.

Thanks for the above comment.....Greatly appreciated......

I have been pleased when exhibiting the layout that people have recognised the location even though it is nowhere near a copy of Crediton......

Having lived there & taking a good set of pictures on a site visit helped to capture the atmosphere I think....

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi

A long time since my last post but Creedyford is being allowed out to play next weekend......

It will be appearing at the Cornwall O gauge group's show next Sunday 31st at the Leisure Centre in Pool near Redruth.........

I had hoped to get one or two jobs done on it but SWMBO has been poorly for a while & I just haven't had any time to spare so it's going to be a case of making sure all works & lots of wheel cleaning.

Fortunately my son & grandson will be there to help operate & as I only live close by I can still look after SWMBO unless she feels well enough to attend......

If you're around look forward to seeing you.....

Cheers Bill

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I hope all goes well today, Bill.

Unfortunately everything is happening this weekend.

There was also a small show in Minehead yesterday, 2 mainline rail-tours which

passed home, plus your show. And they all got trumped by the WSR volunteers

open day, which wasn't publicised until last week.

So sorry I couldn't make it, please let me know of any others, if / when they are

known.

All the best to you, and Mrs Treggyman, and hopefully there will be some improvement

in her health.

TONY

• Thanks 1

Hi Tony

Certainly busy round your way....

Thanks for the above comment & when Creedyford is out & about again I shall let you know.....

The show went well & seemed to be well attended.......

Plenty of space between layouts with plenty to see.

The layout performed well.......My son & grandson operated it virtually all day with me as a spectator....Which suited me fine as I had to go home a couple of times to care for SWMBO who did come to the show for the last couple of hours......

I did manage a few pics but they are rubbish.......

If I can mess about with them & get something decent I will post later...

Cheers Bill

Edited by treggyman
Post sent before I'd finished writing it
  • Friendly/supportive 3