Kernow Models D6xx Update

Andy Y

I have had a reply from KMRC the content of which, being addressed personally, does not belong here. Let’s just say there might be some scratched heads in Camborne.

As the author of the Hattons piece you are commenting on, I have contacted Chris at Kernow today and he is quite happy with the content as posted and for similar items to appear in future updates. It is solely a monthly model news round-up page designed to inform modellers who may not be on forums, as per any paper-based magazine. Nothing more is to be inferred from the items appearing there. The companies featured have welcomed the extra and free publicity they are receiving.

• Like 15

As the author of the Hattons piece you are commenting on, I have contacted Chris at Kernow today and he is quite happy with the content as posted and for similar items to appear in future updates. It is solely a monthly model news round-up page designed to inform modellers who may not be on forums, as per any paper-based magazine. Nothing more is to be inferred from the items appearing there. The companies featured have welcomed the extra and free publicity they are receiving.

Well said that man. !

• RMweb Gold

So long as they all come in Kernow branded boxes (which they do), there's no way of knowing where something was purchased so any "exclusivity" will be unaffected.

Class 28 Co-Bos in Hatton's branded boxes are being supplied to all retailers by Heljan at present. 

John

The original release hattons ones came in pure Heljan boxes.

• RMweb Premium

Stop pushing the envelope by making an issue that does not exist.It is dealt with.Let the matter drop now if you please with no more challenging huffing that serves no purpose.

'The issue' didn't exist in the first place - it was those who raised the none-issue that 'pushed the envelope'!

It's amazing (NOT) how there is always a rush to close down a discussion when the original 'problem' proves never to have existed.

Quelle surprise !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
'The issue' didn't exist in the first place - it was those who raised the none-issue that 'pushed the envelope'!

It's amazing (NOT) how there is always a rush to close down a discussion when the original 'problem' proves never to have existed.

Quelle surprise !

Regards,

John Isherwood.[/quoted

Why on earth do you want to prolong this matter? You are serving no good purpose unless to cause further unnecessary friction and sour taste.Or is it because you want the last word?

• Like 1

I couldnt make up my mind whether to but an original one in green or a later one in blue, so I bought both, seemed a good idea at the time, but when the credit card bill arrives I might change my mind, about the idea that is, not the models.

• RMweb Gold

Another conspiracy theory quashed !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Conspiracy theories are never quashed, they just twist into a new chapter.

If you follow the history of Hattons promotion of D600, you will eventually find its origins lay in a mixed freight consisting of two tank wagons of different fragrances, a bullion van, a cattle wagon, and a 16ton mineral containing a migrant family with a new baby, hauled by a GWR star class driven by Gooch, Churchward and Brunel himself towards a village near Llangadog

https://maps.google.com?q=51.912127,-3.912616&hl=en-GB&gl=uk

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Conspiracy theories are never quashed, they just twist into a new chapter.

If you follow the history of Hattons promotion of D600, you will eventually find its origins lay in a mixed freight consisting of two tank wagons of different fragrances, a bullion van, a cattle wagon, and a 16ton mineral containing a migrant family with a new baby, hauled by a GWR star class driven by Gooch, Churchward and Brunel himself towards a village near Llangadog

Don't you mean Llareggub :)

Anyway are we now going back to the D6XX or would you like an illustrated master class on pasty making from Mrs Stationmaster instead?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Anyway are we now going back to the D6XX or would you like an illustrated master class on pasty making from Mrs Stationmaster instead?

I did look at the special traffic notice for Dec 24 0000, and could not find a Box van in that consist, so I do not believe pasties were in that consist. However I did find reference to the impending announcement of a new type4 diesel in OO gauge, just not its exact release date.

I’m off to bed, probably for the better.

Edited by adb968008

The master class on pasty making would be much more interesting, unless of course  someone from pasty land would take issue with it, :onthequiet:  :sungum:

Keith

Quelle surprise !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Well said that man

Keith

The master class on pasty making would be much more interesting, unless of course  someone from pasty land would take issue with it, :onthequiet:  :sungum:

Keith

Will you guys please stop talking about pasty's? You are making me hungry for one and I don't know how to make them! Plus living in Canada they aren't that common!!!

Maybe Kernow will include a recipe with each D600, although if that is the case I don't know if I can wait that long for my model! :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Will you guys please stop talking about pasty's? You are making me hungry for one and I don't know how to make them! Plus living in Canada they aren't that common!!!

Maybe Kernow will include a recipe with each D600, although if that is the case I don't know if I can wait that long for my model! :jester:

Google is your friend for finding recipes. All the ingredients should be obtainable locally. :jester:

• Like 1

Google is your friend for finding recipes. All the ingredients should be obtainable locally. :jester:

Well if I get it off Google, and I have thought about it, how would I know it is a genuine Cornish pasty?

The alternative would be for Kernow to ship a few along with my D600, but I would hate to see what condition they would be in when they arrived here in Western Canada!

• RMweb Gold

Keith

While there are local differences the recipe came from pasty land and the maiden name of this particular pasty maker (Mrs Stationmaster) began with the letters 'Tre....' plus they have the seal of approval (having been thoroughly tested) of a member of KMRC's staff.  So they'm proper job pasties.

• Like 1

Great, I wish to sign up for pasty making school then please. Let us hope that no one in particular sends a message  to KMRC claiming the possibilitie that their copyright as been breached. :nono: . :nono:  :onthequiet:  :no: :jester:

While there are local differences the recipe came from pasty land and the maiden name of this particular pasty maker (Mrs Stationmaster) began with the letters 'Tre....' plus they have the seal of approval (having been thoroughly tested) of a member of KMRC's staff.  So they'm proper job pasties.

Edited by Keith George

• RMweb Gold

Well if I get it off Google, and I have thought about it, how would I know it is a genuine Cornish pasty?

The alternative would be for Kernow to ship a few along with my D600, but I would hate to see what condition they would be in when they arrived here in Western Canada!

If it has the crimp running horizontally round the edge it's Cornish.

If the crimp runs up over the top, it's a Devon one.

Either way, the veg inside varies, some prefer turnip, others parsnip or potato. some a mixture, others whatever is to hand.

Some people even put carrot in the things when anybody knows the orange delights shouldn't be cooked for more than five minutes, if at all.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I had a army mate who was married to a Cornish lady, and she made her pasties with fish, not meat. She said that was a proper pastie. Her family were fishermen.

With me coming from Bedford, give me a clanger any day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I had a army mate who was married to a Cornish lady, and she made her pasties with fish, not meat. She said that was a proper pastie. Her family were fishermen.

With me coming from Bedford, give me a clanger any day.

Here you go:

• Like 4