Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

New bufferstops in the bay courtesy of Mr Franks.

No can't see them. Will they have appeared by breakfast time?

Ah! There they are. :mocking_mini:

Edit (Way after breakfast.)

A man with such vast electrical talents: I thought you might have wired them up. :wink_mini:

post-508-0-35467800-1470311851_thumb.jpeg

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 4

No can't see them. Will they have appeared by breakfast time?

Ah! There they are. :mocking_mini:

Edit (Way after breakfast.)

A man with such vast electrical talents: I thought you might have wired them up. :wink_mini:

attachicon.gifOO-Lamps.jpeg

P

Brilliant P..in fact I might just do that now…a bit of grime on the bufferheads wouldn't go amiss either.

You would think a man of Mr Fs engineering genius though would provide all this in the kit?

Dave.

• Like 2

Brilliant P..in fact I might just do that now…a bit of grime on the bufferheads wouldn't go amiss either.

You would think a man of Mr Fs engineering genius though would provide all this in the kit?

Dave.

We're already in the 'bad books' for working on the 'old' layout.....

Dave Franks.

We're already in the 'bad books' for working on the 'old' layout.....

Dave Franks.

The 'old' layout is the current and number one layout and will be for the next couple of years..and even then the 'new' layout will have a lot to live up to.

I'm a fan of the new project but until its show ready Alloa will still get first call in my books if something needs doing.

D.

Making a complete c**k up with this attachment.

...another go..should lay off the red after 10pm.

attachicon.gifIMG_7118 - Version 2.jpeg

a very nice touch and i find brown ale to be a better chemical support when modelling, looking at shots of alloa reminds me of seeing my j88 on the layout at glasgow.

post-10572-0-62455200-1470446087.jpeg

gary

Edited by kingfisher24
  • Like 19

That must have been taken when certain people weren't looking! .... but good pic Davy.

Belongs to 'the joiner' a pretty well standard Bachmann with a little extra detail and excellent weathering.

An early one from way back but your right there is a reluctance to introduce a 50 year old modern traction loco!!..plus there's still debate regarding 24s ever appearing in this condition in our 'period' at Alloa.

Saw them in Glasgow and the far north in early '60s so I would be in the 'for' camp although no photographic evidence.

D. 

Ch

Belongs to 'the joiner' a pretty well standard Bachmann with a little extra detail and excellent weathering.

An early one from way back but your right there is a reluctance to introduce a 50 year old modern traction loco!!..plus there's still debate regarding 24s ever appearing in this condition in our 'period' at Alloa.

Saw them in Glasgow and the far north in early '60s so I would be in the 'for' camp although no photographic evidence.

D. 

Davy, checked Steve's "Locos through Alloa" list and he had recorded D5031, D5084 and D5092 - I think these were all "skinheads". No class 25s listed.

Ch

Davy, checked Steve's "Locos through Alloa" list and he had recorded D5031, D5084 and D5092 - I think these were all "skinheads". No class 25s listed.

Wel done Mike that opens up a few opportunities.

I'll leave it to you to have the said loco added to the running list!

D.

• RMweb Gold

Martin

Absolutely brilliant, is there a separate thread on this project ? I would like to see more!

Hi Paul,

It isn't a project, as far as I know. It is simply an image which came up on my screen as part of the slideshow which accompanies the music on the Radio Paradise web site, as I indicated in the link.

Radio Paradise is a not-for-profit internet radio channel which streams constant music without any interruptions or advertising: http://radioparadise.com

There are over 47,000 images in their photo library, a few them submitted by me, which I'm very pleased to say they use occasionally in the slideshow.

In this case all I know about it is that it is an image. It may be an actual unaltered photograph, but I doubt it. It has probably been heavily photoshopped, or it may be entirely digitally created computer graphics. Or it may be a model. I'm fairly certain the grass is real, but whether it has been photoshopped over something else I don't know.

I posted it because it looked more like a stunning model than any likely prototype. Here is the link again:

http://www4.radioparadise.com/graphics/tv_img/28224.jpg

p.s. hot-linking to an image is not a copyright infringement. It may be bandwidth theft, but having donated to their funds and given them a bit of publicity above, I don't think they will mind.

regards,

Martin.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This being the 'How realistic are your models' thread I had assumed it was a model taken outdoors.

Not an unreasonable assumption when you see some of the excellent dioramas that do get produced.