LNER/BR(ER) modellers - heads up!

jwealleans

I've just completed a test build of two Special Cattle Vans for Arthur Kimber, to NER Diagram 189 and LNER Diagram 1.  Details of the build and the extra castings I added to Arthur's etches are on my workbench thread.

AK_NER_SCV_zpsbkxumxrg.jpg

AK_LNER_SCV_zps1zuq1rlw.jpg

Based on the test builds, Arthur is revising the etches and I believe they will be made available in due course.  See his North Eastern Kits thread for any news.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Parkside Dundas has just announced the availability of the LNER Toad 'B' Brake Van in 7mm, as a wide planked, timber stanchion and wooden ducket earlier version of the Toad 'E' released a couple of years ago. http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/LONDON___NORTH_EASTERN_RAILWAY.html

Don't even think to ask if it's also available in 4mm because it's not and neither is the Toad 'E', although the Horse Box and other LNER wagons are.

• 2 months later...

Doubtful. Mr Parkside's swansong will probably be something that was seen all over the UK but with a definite NE feel to it.

A Toad D? That would be even more useful! Mind the ex-Airfix one is still going great guns from Dapol, and is a lovelyl little detailing project.

And by swansong, I take it that there aren't many more new kits to come. Understandable really as a true stalwart of the industry, producing a wonderful range of kits which are not only great value, but nice and simple to put together giving many modellers their first taste of not just opening a box!

Back to finishing off a grain wagon from this very source!

Cheers

J

A Toad D? That would be even more useful! 

If you were in business would you consider introducing a kit of a prototype that has 3 potential competitors in Dapol/Airfix, Bachmann & Hornby?  :wink_mini:

Mind the ex-Airfix one is still going great guns from Dapol, and is a lovelyl little detailing project.

Exactly and the team at Parkside tend not to replicate other manufactures prototypes unlike the RTR companies (and I'm thinking of one in particular) whom seem to look to Parkside for inspiration.

P

Aye, I kind of came to that epiphany about duplication as I was typing! And as for the RTR companies using the PD website as almost a wishlist, I'm pretty certain I know which one particularly does it! Mind you can usually get two wagon kits for the price of one RTR version!

Cheers

J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Haven't quite finished the Toad E, but Bill Bedford had these on his stand. the website hasn't quite caught up and still says they're coming soon.

BB_GN_10T_coal_zpsmfoftbcl.jpg

Mainly resin, some 3D printed components and a brass subframe. Sprung buffers and bearings. Less than 2 hours work to get it to the state you see.

I'm very impressed.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Haven't quite finished the Toad E, but Bill Bedford had these on his stand. the website hasn't quite caught up and still says they're coming soon.

Mainly resin, some 3D printed components and a brass subframe. Sprung buffers and bearings. Less than 2 hours work to get it to the state you see.

I'm very impressed.

I got the GNR 4 plank, haven't started it yet but it does look a good kit.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Juts a note that Rails are doing two Q6 versions at £89.50 and free postage. That's by a long way the cheapest I've seen.

Ta,  Just could not go past that and bought one for myself for next year.

Local prices are somewhat more...AUD 279-299 (GBP 165-177 + P&P).

regards

• RMweb Premium

Ta, Just could not go past that and bought one for myself for next year.

Local prices are somewhat more...AUD 279-299 (GBP 165-177 + P&P).

regards

Have you found this site?

http://www.ajmrailways.com

Uk products at Aussie prices. Most locos ship free too. It’s a great site and I have used it plenty of times. They have Q6’s for AUD$205.

No connection, just a satisfied customer

Regards, Ryan

Edited by Hilux5972

I think ColHut is trying to say that here in Australia we are getting ripped off.... again.... the local shops don't seem to be interested or want to get the high volume sales. I understand that at least 2 of the hobby shops here in Melbourne are up for sale and the owners don't see any future... or are retiring.

Any way yes AJM are a great website and the prices are really good. I too have only used them once but great service! Their prices are more reasonable and can be as competitive as the large retailers.

Thanks guys. OT I know. will check them out. Just did some research on them. Interesting business model. I wish them luck.

From Rails, even paying with paypal and with postage $147 AUD I think. About the cost of 1.5 new Hornby Puulmans from my local store.

Very much looking forward to its arrival.

regards