Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jim

By chance I was in Lancaster yesterday doing a recce for taking Green Ayre there in May. I spent an hour and a half on the station in the afternoon sun. As well a seeing that engineers train that is shown in one of yours here's a portrait of you in full cry heading south. If you want the original PM me.

post-6824-0-23340600-1455265261_thumb.jpg

Jamie

Hi Jim

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

some from last week and last night

bescot with 6C70 a week friday just gone, 59204 and my lead loco 66850DSC01796.jpg

66849 on the rearDSC01801.jpg

and last night, hinksey to banbury , 66849 again with 41 coalfish wagonsDSC02018.jpgDSC02020.jpg

and into banbury, walked down from the signal to the van so used the opportunity to get some pics of the soon to be demolished south boxDSC02030.jpgDSC02034.jpg

and insideDSC02022.jpgDSC02021.jpgDSC02023.jpg

this picture focussed on the window frame instead of the station as i planned but i think the effect looks quite goodDSC02024.jpg

and that was that, tonight its off to newtown to collect 6C70 to take back to bescot and then take the locos to crewe

Some great pics of the Banbury box there. Would be of interest to "roundhouse" who owns the Banbury n gauge layout featured on Rmweb. Edited by hawkingetippyd
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

you've got my dream job :D

i'll give you a ring at 3am sunday morning to remind you of that then!

i'll be somewhere in the middle of nowhere waiting to drop ballast at that time, the worst part being its a class 37 which are not the easiest loco to try and get some kip on

• Like 2

A little bit further to my post Jim, Looks like another Colas toy should be out soon as ex Spa Valley Railway resident as 37254 appears to have been on the Loadbank at Barrow Hill in the past week, now has it's windscreens changed and OTMR box et all fitted. And it's still complete in INTERCITY Swallow livery.

Edited by surfsup

• RMweb Premium

A little bit further to my post Jim, Looks like another Colas toy should be out soon as ex Spa Valley Railway resident as 37254 appears to have been on the Loadbank at Barrow Hill in the past week, now has it's windscreens changed and OTMR box et all fitted. And it's still complete in INTERCITY Swallow livery.

Thank you for the info.

That sounds about right because it was originally due to debut back on the mainline in March I think so in that case everything has gone to plan and should do, all been well.

• RMweb Gold

im just filling this post with waffle so the next batch of pics start on the next page

waffle waffle waffle

blah blah blah

yatter yatter yatter

here we go............

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2