Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling Pet Hates

...not at all Chaz....if you're happy then that is all that counts. I avoid starting layouts with the flat & rectangular because I find that too much of the end result is already prescribed by doing so.

Dave

Phew, that's a relief.  :jester:

I do agree in general, although with a 7mm layout that's only 16ft x 2ft and portraying an inner city goods yard there was never going to be much chance for rolling hills...  :scratchhead:

My pet's hate is having a bath. How do I model that?

...wear a badge saying... 'dry clean only'. ;-)

And another saying 'don't stand downwind.'

Oh, dear - I fear that 2ManySpams's misunderstood word play is liable to lead to his being given a wide berth at exhibitions!

My pet's hate is having a bath. How do I model that?

Assuming that your pet is a dog, are you going to post a picture of it wearing the anorak and a backpack  which have been suggested by those who've overlooked the apostrophe  "s" ?

I thought this topic had died a natural death, but along comes a resuscitation crew... :)

Good point though, squirrelmeister - I assume you mean wooden-bodied open coal and mineral wagon type PO wagons. The PO wagon (although a different type of Private Owner) is making a bit of a resurgence lately...

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Just found this thread!

Pet hate are cliched Scottish layouts (I suppose they are the contemporary equivalent of the omni-present GWR branches of the 70s-90s).  Wick & Thurso seem to be the new Ashburton.  Lot's of great modelling and fun to watch but please spare me any more of them ..... !

Rant over.

Regards,

Alex.

My pet hate is dropping n gauge bogie retaining pins for my boxcars on our thickpile carpet! :O  Oh and %$£!**? people criticizing a perfectly good layout for using the "Wrong shade of NSE red" (Personal story that one!) :nono:

Does anyone do a vet's surgery in 4mm, with a walking figure carrying a cat basket?

I'll get my coat....

Theres a vets by me. Want me to get the measurements of it and draw up some plans for you? :jester:

My pet hate is dropping n gauge bogie retaining pins for my boxcars on our thickpile carpet! :O  Oh and %$£!**? people criticizing a perfectly good layout for using the "Wrong shade of NSE red" (Personal story that one!) :nono:

Theres a vets by me. Want me to get the measurements of it and draw up some plans for you? :jester:

Now, NSE Blue is another story... :O

Lincolnshire? ;).

...might be a bit of a commute Pat but why not travel to Lincolnshire, stand in a safe place where your eye can follow the alignment of the track from rail level and then compare the track height relative to 10 or 15 adjacent ground heights....it ain't flat!!  

When modelling the bland and featureless (generalism...no specific target) the emphasis is much more on picking out these fewer features/details and ensuring that you have faithfully replicated them.

Dave

....flat, rectangular baseboards....railways were engineered through landscapes.

Dave

Couldn't disagree more Torr.

My pet hate is 4ft x 2ft flat rectangular baseboards that  when you make them come out no-where near flat or rectangular.Just look at the Blxxdy State of my latest Blxxdy baseboards! :cry:

post-13703-0-16156800-1397028159.png

Couldn't disagree more Torr.

My pet hate is 4ft x 2ft flat rectangular baseboards that  when you make them come out no-where near flat or rectangular.Just look at the Blxxdy State of my latest Blxxdy baseboards! :cry:

attachicon.gifFlat Baseboard.png

Iain,

is that modelled on Alton Towers or Blackpool Pleasure Gardens?

The baseboards on my layout are flat, but that's because the prototype occasionally tried to avoid inclines, especially for stations,

Jol

Iain,

is that modelled on Alton Towers or Blackpool Pleasure Gardens?

The baseboards on my layout are flat, but that's because the prototype occasionally tried to avoid inclines, especially for stations,

Jol

The South Farne islands are hilly,very,and cut with deep ravines.The railway had little option but to twist and climb.Lucky for me as I think it might make a really spectacular  model railway layout.

Archived