Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling Pet Hates

• RMweb Premium

And the articulated truck that has no way of getting in or out of the location without the use of a heavy lift crane.

Cheers,

Mick

I've seen a variation of this on an exhibition layout.  A camping site in a field where the only entry and exit is through the small bridge under the railway line yet nearly all the caravans in the field could not possibly fit beneath said bridge.

• RMweb Premium

I've seen a variation of this on an exhibition layout.  A camping site in a field where the only entry and exit is through the small bridge under the railway line yet nearly all the caravans in the field could not possibly fit beneath said bridge.

If it was a road bridge with a bus on it, then all would be well..............

Ooops - been there. :senile:

Cheers,

Mick

How about this for a layout plan...

Station name to be Garstleigh

Oval OO roundy roundy with curves at each end that show off the overhang of full length coaches really well

At least one place in the oval where "Everything always comes off there".

Through station modelled entirely with second hand buildings bought  at swap-meets or on ebay

Platforms with curved end ramps that don't match the track layout.

Haphazard arrangement of signals that are never operated - mixture of overbright colour-lights and semaphores with drooping arms

loco stock to be a mixture of rail blue diesels and steam locos in pre-nationalization liveries

locos only run at speeds that challenge Mallard's record

The only goods train to be headed by an HST power car

Peco track with end sleepers cut away to accomodate joiners leaving a inch or two of unsupported rail

Girder bridge over line, with two spans but no pier under the join

village made with Airfix "cottage" kits painted with gloss enamels and illuminated from inside with very bright bulbs

you just left out a graffiti wall..... :angel:

• RMweb Gold

Fortunately the Head Of Household is a quilter.  They never seem to throw bits away as they'll always come in useful some day, so I don't get any grief in that dept.

Oooer! I have one of those too....

Phil

Bad news, boys. Garstleigh has been dismantled. The bits are being recycled. Some of them got a little bit spoilt when I levered them off the baseboard - bent my best screwdriver as well - but I have a new set of Humbrol gloss colours and a tube of Seccotine to do repairs. New layout "Hoarfall" already started. Going for even more realism this time with a working windmill.

• RMweb Premium

Bad news, boys. Garstleigh has been dismantled. The bits are being recycled. Some of them got a little bit spoilt when I levered them off the baseboard - bent my best screwdriver as well - but I have a new set of Humbrol gloss colours and a tube of Seccotine to do repairs. New layout "Hoarfall" already started. Going for even more realism this time with a working windmill.

Don't forget the working windmill has to be secured to prevent it from taking off.

EDIT typing eeror.

Make sure you work on upgrading the stock too... ;find an inch brush and a pot of brown paint you won't use for anything else and get it all over the bottom third of everything you can.

Already done!   I will be upgrading the finish on the steam locos with some matte black, sploshed on in a suitably random fashion - just like the real thing.

• RMweb Premium

Make sure you work on upgrading the stock too... ;find an inch brush and a pot of brown paint you won't use for anything else and get it all over the bottom third of everything you can.

But not the road vehicles which need to be shiny.

• RMweb Premium

But not the road vehicles which need to be shiny.

Not if you've seen my 30 year old landrover 110

Archived