Lines in the Landscape

Peter Kazmierczak

• RMweb Premium

Easter Sunday morning by the Thames, as a Shepperton - Waterloo service crosses over the river at Kingston.

attachicon.gifP1010849.JPG

Oooh - home near as dammit.  The station on the north bank is best not mentioned among those who understand rhyming slang ;)

• RMweb Premium

Oooh - home near as dammit.  The station on the north bank is best not mentioned among those who understand rhyming slang ;)

When I worked on the Central Division, Littlehampton was known universally as Little D!ck.

attachicon.gif Virgin Joan Croft.jpg

Any good?

The light was really odd, sun coming and going, with thick dark clouds at other times.

The passing steam loco, with its power implied by the trail of smoke, which also reflected in the steam generation of the nearby coal-fired power stations, was a bit too subtle for me.......................... :scratchhead: 

I can understand power lines and electric locos though........ :sungum: 

The passing steam loco, with its power implied by the trail of smoke, which also reflected in the steam generation of the nearby coal-fired power stations, was a bit too subtle for me........

Is your day job writing catalogues for art galleries!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a complete CN train heading west along the shore of Kamloops Lake. The engines are a dark blob very close to the left side of the picture, and the last car is a light-coloured grain car near the right edge:

post-1771-0-60302200-1494543196.jpg

An eastbound CN train getting moving along the lake shore after the passing of the westbound:

post-1771-0-31806600-1494543240.jpg

The CP line (below the trees on the near side of the river) and the CN line (on the far side of the river) in the Thompson River Canyon between Spences Bridge and Lytton, BC:

post-1771-0-38849000-1494543455.jpg

• Like 14