SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Excuse me! My exact words were "I've been told that I committed a fatal error". Note those words, "I've been told"  Hearsay :nono: and therefore inadmissible in evidence in any Court in the land. And anyway, I may have been misled by he who, indirectly , told me, and who may have been looking to pass on the blame. In the unlikely event of proceedings commencing, I shall call as my first witness a man of unimpeachable character, one Andrew York. :jester:

So wot you are saying is it weren't you.................then who was it? :scratchhead:

When we find out we need to send the boys after them :triniti: :triniti: :triniti: :triniti:

• RMweb Premium

Shall we talk about wheels now?

>sound of slamming doors, sulking etc<

One of the reason I love this thread, we're all so tolerant.  Might be the weed of course.

Hey Doc

Have you seen Ted's post he's talking model railways .........is that tolerated? :nono: :nono:

• RMweb Premium

"Serious head on"

Hi Ted

I think the Egg livery was carried pre -war and not in Phil's time line.

• RMweb Premium

Yes thanks; I already have one and that is no surprise really is it knowing me and my got loads of stuff but don't have a layout methods. I think GWRob needs one or two.

Mine will be repaintedish as the 60s one I had seen at SJ had similar markings but well weathered.

If you lot are not well behaved I might start talking about electrickery as that is the next hurdle for my feeble brain to fathom out. However I have had some good advice on another thread wot I have wrote.

Quackers.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I bought a Penzance guards van yesterday.

From Camborne.

And it had wheels which weren't Romfords.

(Sorry, was that too 'railway' ?)

What was a Penzance guards van doing in Camborne (where ever that is) ? :rtfm:

Were the wheels round? :blind:

And what is this railway thing you mention? :secret:

• RMweb Premium

Suppose I should announce with loud thanks, that the mighty CCE had sorted the curvy maths bits on his Vogon Death Ship Control Desk by the time his train had reached York. I think it's probably more comfortable in a HST/225 than in the loft here! From what I can see from the figures he kindly posted for me that my Honiton Incline curves should look like this post-2326-0-53242600-1455969390.jpg

so that's sorted then.

If anyone CBA to look back at some pics on this thread (if not, see below) I wonder if you might suggest what 'colour' the ballast is on the actual Incline so that I could have a target spray paint to go for. Also, is there any Modeler's (can) spray paint for such work that someone might have used on foam underlay, or do I have to resort to Halfords? CCE has suggested a colour before however that colour was a bit too white/light I think.

Many thanks all,

Quackers.

post-2326-0-72664600-1455969864.jpg

post-2326-0-17732900-1455969905.jpg

post-2326-0-64099900-1455969935.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The Pecoboo underlay stuff is not far off this colour but it looks like foam!!!!! Maybe instead of painting I just used a very thin layer of very fine ballast stuck on the foam, then put the track in/on it. Then once the track is fitted, finish the whole lot off with suitable weathering washes?

Dunno wot to do at the moment.

Quackers. 

I think the Egg livery was carried pre -war and not in Phil's time line.

Oh well never mind, I thought a van containing Eggs (Duck or otherwise) from Devon was very cool.

I suppose those smashing little 6 wheel Express Dairy milk vans are out of period as well then. Mores the pity.

3000-gallon-milk-tank-no-2596-for-expres

BTW Are you still doing the Dairy Phil ?

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh well never mind, I thought a van containing Eggs (Duck or otherwise) from Devon was very cool.

I suppose those smashing little 6 wheel Express Dairy milk vans are out of period as well then. Mores the pity.

3000-gallon-milk-tank-no-2596-for-expres

BTW Are you still doing the Dairy Phil ?

Hi Ted

Milk tank wagons carried their adverts well into the 60s some even the 70s. The chassis was owned by the railway the tank was the property of the dairy company.

• RMweb Premium

Loads of stuff from everywhere over the site has gone overnight too, not just on SOS.

None of my followed topics are showing any updates between about midnight GMT on Friday night to about 0830 GMT today. Many of them won't even load.

• RMweb Premium

I think that there is an awareness that parts of the software are rendering performance t*ts up.

We don't pay for this place, so counting to ten is reasonable, really!

I agree Ian, I'm sitting tight at the moment. I just wanted to share my experience given the current situation.

Edit - spelling

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 1

I think that there is an awareness that parts of the software are rendering performance t*ts up.

We don't pay for this place, so counting to ten is reasonable, really!

Counting to ten is OK, but I'd have to take my socks off to get past that!