92214 Cock of the North to stay at the GCR (Now Central Star) - Soon to be 92220 Evening Star

Wild Boar Fell

• RMweb Gold

Ah but Silver Link (the real one) is long since gone. The real Evening Star is mothballed in the NRM still.

That's true, I still have no qualms with it, only if they appeared in the same place at the same time would I be concerned!

• RMweb Gold

Latest news regarding the 9F is that it is set to appear at a forthcoming gala in unlined black and in weathered condition.

So who is going to have a go at air brushing it. :mosking: 

I imagine this will be the same treatment that the 9F had before (and the 8F more recently) - poster paint. It's pretty convincing!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

What about Railfreight grey, with the red stripe along the running plate and a large double arrow on the tender?

Surely a 9F is the perfect loco to show what a steam engine would have looked like in BR blue with double arrows, if only they had lasted a bit longer ?

Already been done, by BR, with matching coaches. They worked uphill out of Aberystwyth! Looked B----y awful.

Phil T.

Looks like being the ultimate confusion for the punters, I'm surprised that the NRM have gone along with it (unless they are being handsomely reimbursed ;) ).

If I went to a concert to hear Bert Bloggs, Elton John impersonator, no matter how good he was, I've still heard Bert Bloggs, not Elton John!

• RMweb Premium

If I went to a concert to hear Bert Bloggs, Elton John impersonator, no matter how good he was, I've still heard Bert Bloggs, not Elton John!

The time I saw Elton John live, I left wishing it had been Bert Bloggs.... or almost anyone else......

Archived