Worseter - update

Killybegs

Nah, he's a southerner, 

Exactly. Regarding a North West London gaff, I reckon a coal house/cellar would just about fund a couple of crankpins. Now come the revolution...

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

On a more serious note, my 4 engineering wagons have now been primed and, once I've had my coffee, will be off to the spray booth. Everything delayed while I searched for the instanter couplings that had gone walkabout. Fortunately, I found them eventually.

post-7952-0-01679100-1534501843_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Thirty seven is not a very round figure at which to stop van production for a while, so I decided to put together three more, giving a nice round forty. Sad! I needed a few more ex LMS vans and, fortuitously, I had a couple of Ratio Southern 12 Ton van kits in my box of goodies. The Southern built some of these for the LMS during the war so would fit the bill. I also had one remaining GWR 12 Ton V23 van kit, so that made up the three. I still have loads of BR 12 Ton vans to build along with a rather large number of ex LNER ones, some of which may go to bring and buy.

It didn't take long to finish them as it has been raining a lot lately. Here they are at the head of a fitted freight hauled by 92006.

attachicon.gif3 more 2.jpg

I now have no excuse for not getting the Grampuses painted and lettered.

....ooooh - I recognised that bridge as soon as I saw it. It's a lovely little nook by the canal in Worcester where I have, on occasions been known to go to hire a van. Lovely model too....  :)

Thirty seven is not a very round figure at which to stop van production for a while, so I decided to put together three more, giving a nice round forty. Sad! I needed a few more ex LMS vans and, fortuitously, I had a couple of Ratio Southern 12 Ton van kits in my box of goodies. The Southern built some of these for the LMS during the war so would fit the bill. I also had one remaining GWR 12 Ton V23 van kit, so that made up the three. I still have loads of BR 12 Ton vans to build along with a rather large number of ex LNER ones, some of which may go to bring and buy.

It didn't take long to finish them as it has been raining a lot lately. Here they are at the head of a fitted freight hauled by 92006.

attachicon.gif3 more 2.jpg

I now have no excuse for not getting the Grampuses painted and lettered.

You should have 42 (The answer to the ultimate question...)   :jester:

• Like 1

That's all four wagons painted. JUST the lettering and weathering to do. Oh that HMRS did suitable transfers, I am not a fan of the waterslide variety.

attachicon.gifGrampus 08.jpg

Smashing job.

Anyone who drinks decent beer out of a half pint glass!  :jester:

"The one and only" way to drink a pint bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale* is via a half pint wellington#(schooner). It makes a definite difference to the taste and there is good theory behind as to why.

*A shadow of its former self. So I'm told.

#Glass not boot.

Cheers!

post-508-0-97672600-1534996635.jpg

On the subject of vans..

One type you would have found around there would have been 'Shoc-vans' of various types, bringing tinplate to Metal Box. The off-cuts would go back to be de-tinned at Batchelor-Robinson, Llanelli, in mineral wagons.

I do have four shoc-vans up and running. Now I can justify them!

• 2 weeks later...

Having finished the current batch of wagons and vans, I had no excuse for not getting on with the loco shed. I find it hard to believe that it's nearly five years since I had the etches done for the windows, roof walkways and other bits and pieces. The initial plan was to use embossed brickwork but I wasn't happy with the quality of the plastic sheeting, so I decided to get the walls laser cut but, at the time, the thicknesses of materials being used didn't suit and I made a bit of a b***s up with the artwork. Then I decided to scribe the brickwork myself. After one small panel I gave up on that - too laborious and moved onto other projects. I am now back with Slaters embossed sheeting as I have found that, provided I only use one half of the sheet, the bonding and coursing OK. Joints in the long walls will be concealed by the rainwater down pipes. The individual panels are bonded to 0.5mm plasticard before the cills and brick arches are added and the openings cut out. The other halves of the sheets will be used on the areas not normally visible. However, all the artwork was based on the prototypical brickwork, so I had to make a few adjustments to match the coursing and bonding with the etched windows and the footprint of the building as the base is already in place on the layout. Using standard sheets also meant a lot of scribing and filling around window openings and ends of walls. This can be seen in the photo of the individual panels below. The front wall is now ready to have the window inserted (although I will probably put some paint on first), so the next job is building up units comprising etched brass front frames, glazing and plasticard rear frames.

post-7952-0-79639400-1535978495_thumb.jpg

post-7952-0-81013400-1535978503_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• 2 weeks later...

John.

The shed is coming along nicely. It's going to be quite a large structure when completed and will considerably alter the available viewing angles for your rather elegant bridge. All part of the overall plan, I expect.

Are you including the level of internal roof detail Mr Whittle has done on Barrow Road shed?

Dave.

Edited by Dave Holt

John.

The shed is coming along nicely. It's going to be quite a large structure when completed and will considerably alter the available viewing angles for your rather elegant bridge. All part of the overall plan, I expect.

Are you including the level of internal roof detail Mr Whittle has done on Barrow Road shed?

Dave.

That was the original intention, indeed, the etch that I had done for various bits and pieces included gusset plates for the roof trusses. However, five years down the line, I have decided to concentrate my efforts on the bits that you can see. So much to do and not getting any younger!

• Like 1