Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just a quick thank you to the South Hants MRC team for their hospitality on Saturday and hope the layout was well received. Thanks also to the Tidworth team this week Chris, Mike and Steve for keeping the trains moving and tea mugs filled. As usual I didn’t take any pics but I’m sure there’s plenty out there.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

First post since November!

Just a quick update as I've had a couple of exhibition invites confirmed for this year over the last week or so.

Exe Model Railway Soc show  June 22nd-23rd 2024

Matford Centre Exeter.

Swansea Model Railway show  September 14th-15th 2024

Swansea Leisure Centre.

I look forward to seeing some of you at these two shows.

• Like 8

Hi Ian. Hope all is well with you. 

I will be at Exeter with Hounslow Sidings and at Swansea with Feltham Road. 

The Exeter show we will be travelling home on Saturday and back Sunday morning as it is only an hour down the road.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 17/01/2024 at 08:42, RAY NORWOOD said:

Hi Ian. Hope all is well with you. 

I will be at Exeter with Hounslow Sidings and at Swansea with Feltham Road. 

The Exeter show we will be travelling home on Saturday and back Sunday morning as it is only an hour down the road.

Hi Ray

thats good news we’ll definitely catch up for a beer! Maybe have dinner at Exeter before you head home?

On 16/01/2024 at 23:21, Temeraire said:

Evening all

First post since November!

Just a quick update as I've had a couple of exhibition invites confirmed for this year over the last week or so.

Exe Model Railway Soc show  June 22nd-23rd 2024

Matford Centre Exeter.

Swansea Model Railway show  September 14th-15th 2024

Swansea Leisure Centre.

I look forward to seeing some of you at these two shows.

I will make sure I come along and say hello Ian. Are you still venturing along to the Den these days?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Wummyock said:

I will make sure I come along and say hello Ian. Are you still venturing along to the Den these days?

Look forward to finally meeting you fella and yes still got my season ticket!🙄

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Yes I know its been rather quiet here for a few months!.

Last Friday an end was put to the jeopardy that Tidworth has been in since June when my new company car was ordered! With the Mondeo estate not available anymore and few other options an order was placed for a Ford Kuga with fingers crossed! Although it is around 250mm shorter in the load space Tidworth thankfully fits.

4_Kuga1.jpg.ab479772bab50e7cfc0f079e094cd3cf.jpg

However there is no room at the back for the stock boxes like the Mondeo.

5_Kuga2.jpg.088c6b77cd2b2a2aad4693d9dfd78584.jpg

The only way to get everything in is not to carry a passenger unless another operator can take the stock! Obviously the boxes will need lashing together with a couple of cushions in front to protect them from forward movement.

So panic over, Tidworth can still go to the ball, see you in Exeter!

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

26 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Last Friday an end was put to the jeopardy that Tidworth has been in since June when my new company car was ordered! With the Mondeo estate not available anymore and few other options an order was placed for a Ford Kuga with fingers crossed! Although it is around 250mm shorter in the load space Tidworth thankfully fits.

The only way to get everything in is not to carry a passenger unless another operator can take the stock! Obviously the boxes will need lashing together with a couple of cushions in front to protect them from forward movement.

It was good seeing you yesterday. It is a pane having to have another car to take to Exhibitions which puts up the cast for the exhibition Manager but cannot be helped. O thank bring in the cakes I was prepared to make sandwiches.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Back again.

Recently whilst upgrading some locos for Ropley I also made a start on some wagons that have been waiting for sometime!

When Cavalex released the warflats (2 years ago?) I purchased 8 for Tidworth with a view to replacing the Genesis ones I have been using but to date they haven't been seen. So finally they have had the wooden decks painted and weathered ready for permanently loading four of them with vehicles, chocks and tiedowns and having four empties.

3_Warflats3_240317.jpg.66dabe38bab6c8ef6fa03cce60da8eaa.jpg

Firstly all 8 had the wooden decks painted with various browns and then weathered with washes and powders follwed with some dry brushed grey to give the bleached wood look.

1_Warflats1_240317.jpg.9de724cf2f0166da434c0696d7d00c40.jpg

2_Warflats2_240317.jpg.a089ab3c0557fb3b41ef0a18386ca1ff.jpg

With futher weathering of the bogies and underframes they are now ready for loading in time for the Exeter show all being well.

AND, Thanks to Ian's generosity I have the loan of 4 of his old Kit Built Warflats  and 3 x Land Rovers ready for the start of my next project in my much reduced POD. Cheers Ian, they will be part of the Fleet again soon.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/03/2024 at 21:55, Temeraire said:

Evening all

I can’t believe that estate cars are not available anymore.

why do they now all look the same?

at least you can still get the layout in

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, ess1uk said:

I can’t believe that estate cars are not available anymore.

why do they now all look the same?

at least you can still get the layout in

Peugeot still do one, but its BIG and Megga Bucks. Us poor modellers can't afford some of the silly prices of Cars, we have more Locos to buy. 🙄

image.png.c2fffe9b584671ad5b7c7e5cd35dfce8.png

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

They all seem to be building High Body cars - probably to make room underneath for those ridiculous battery things ! Who invented electricity anyway ?! Ridiculous stuff ! 😅

I have been looking for another car myself - I currently have a Vauxhall Zaffira VXR (240hp) - cracking tool, but it is now 18 years old and needs some parts that are now obsolete. No body makes an equivalent vehicle today - nearest thing is a Mercedes B200d AMG line (160hp), but those are well out of my price range and they are due to stop making them shortly !

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 23/03/2024 at 09:16, Andrew P said:

Peugeot still do one, but its BIG and Megga Bucks. Us poor modellers can't afford some of the silly prices of Cars, we have more Locos to buy. 🙄

image.png.c2fffe9b584671ad5b7c7e5cd35dfce8.png

I too mourn the loss of the large estate, I believe Skoda Superbs are still available as well. I luckily managed to buy one of the last Mondeo 2.0 diesels which was new in Jan 2021 and will be kept for a long time...

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, 37114 said:

I too mourn the loss of the large estate, I believe Skoda Superbs are still available as well. I luckily managed to buy one of the last Mondeo 2.0 diesels which was new in Jan 2021 and will be kept for a long time...

Hi Rob the Skoda or VW Passat were options for 2 litre diesels, but the Kuga is a plug in hybrid and is substantially more tax efficient, as much as a new loco each month!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Focus ST Estate here (petrol of course) no idea what to replace it with when the time comes… 

Or just accept that I’ll have to hire a van to move the Belgian layout rather than the back of the car.

Thanks,

Neil

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

More work done on the modifications this week and this afternoon.

12_Modifications6_240412.jpg.119cfdd07695ef144981cd39d03d8447.jpg

More rubberised horsehair added to the area and WS scatter added as well as some yellow 'flowers' to hide where the fascia was cut back.

10_Modifications4_240412.jpg.1b8e35d860bf53bee06df95094a5b7be.jpg

Second view of the revised area.

13_reset_240412.jpg.bc11fba3b1ba4ff03fbf59403be1859e.jpg

The two baseboards now fit closer together and form a box the same size as the extension board/traverser box.

14_Endplates_240412.jpg.1006f3ab9e9cd69754f5e7b6b05a806c.jpg

This afternoon the two endplates were cut down to size, extra spacers added, new holes drilled and redundant ones filled. Once the filler is dry they will be rubbed down and painted to hide the evidence!

14_Switch_240409.jpg.f1d84bc021d03784143e16697327f2cc.jpg

Finally a pic for the archive before the building is torn down for housing redevelopement now that the transport company appear to have left the site.

• Like 17