Temeraire

Thanks for sharing the great photos. As a Salisbury ex-pat living and working in Lincolnshire, I never get bored of seeing pictures of your marvelous layout. You've nailed the time and the sense of place beautifully.   Hopefully I might get to see it in the flesh at an exhibition one day. Till then, I'll keep watching on here! 😄

Best wishes,

Paul

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Grampus said:

a Salisbury ex-pat living and working in Lincolnshire,

Hi Paul many thanks for your comments, do you ever get back here visiting? If so give me shout you'd be welcome to visit.

• Thanks 1

I really enjoy following this thread and spending time losing myself in the photos. I saw the layout at Warley a few years back and over the two days I kept returning. It’s one of my favourite layouts and one of those I’m just happy to stand and watch the whole sequence. Hopefully will catch it again one day. The 117 looks great but my weakness at Warley was the 3 car Thumper. That must have been 5 or 6 years ago now?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

That must have been 5 or 6 years ago now?

Hi fella it was 2018 pre-extension, maybe we'll get to go back one day. many thanks for your kind comments.

• Friendly/supportive 1

18th Nov now in my diary, 👍  so providing no Band bookings come in for that date, I will be there, might even have a play if invited to do so again, (NOTE = I didn't break anything at Basingstoke). 😀 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

(NOTE = I didn't break anything at Basingstoke). 😀 👍

No but the cheese sandwich handling left a bit to be desired! 🤣

• Funny 2

On 29/05/2023 at 21:31, Temeraire said:

Hi Paul many thanks for your comments, do you ever get back here visiting? If so give me shout you'd be welcome to visit.

Hi Ian. Thank you for your kind offer. I get back only rarely, but I would very much like to take you up on it at some point. I will pm you ahead of time if I am going to be in the area. Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Wow it’s been a while!

Tidworth hits the road again tomorrow morning and heads down to the South Hants show at the Admiral Nelson School in Portsmouth after a break of almost 6 months. Say hello if you’re passing through.

• Like 7

Hi, 

What a fabulous layout and spot on observational modelling. The standard is very high indeed. Just been enjoying Gearjammer's photo sets just up thread, some lovely angles.

I spotted a feature that has knocked me out. The disused line that has been turned into a foot path with a new bridge deck within the old bridge. I find this level of detail absolutely amazing and just love it.

Some great traction and rolling stock to feast on but in all honestly you could empty away all the trains and the layout on its own just kicks ass.

Just brilliant

Best wishes

TT100 Diesels

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TT100 Diesels said:

Hi, 

What a fabulous layout and spot on observational modelling. The standard is very high indeed. Just been enjoying Gearjammer's photo sets just up thread, some lovely angles.

I spotted a feature that has knocked me out. The disused line that has been turned into a foot path with a new bridge deck within the old bridge. I find this level of detail absolutely amazing and just love it.

Some great traction and rolling stock to feast on but in all honestly you could empty away all the trains and the layout on its own just kicks ass.

Just brilliant

Best wishes

TT100 Diesels

Blimey TT what a humbling post thank you very much for your kind words about my train set!

The footpath was never envisaged as a disused line as it happens, but the bridge you mention was inspired/based on the bridge at Worting Jct near Basingstoke that actually spans 4 tracks. It carries a footpath over the SW mainline and as you imply it’s just a bit different and interesting than just another overbridge.

Not sure where you’re based but if you ever see us out at a show be sure to introduce yourself.

Thanks again.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi, 

I am up North a bit, Derby. But will certainly keep an eye out at exhibitions. We have some 3mm area groups in the South, some with exhibition layouts. Be nice if I could combine a future railex where Tidworth was appearing and maybe one of the 3mm layouts as well.

Cheers

TT 100

• Like 1