Temeraire

My favourite 'Scruffy Duff.' Had it for haulage just the once (when it was in that state, at least) - always makes me smile when I see pictures of it, whether in model form or 12" to the foot.  I arrived at Waterloo early one morning, after a night shift, I'm assuming ( - can't remember that far back in detail any more!) and finding it at the head of my train home and wondering what on earth had happened to it! 🤣  Great picture and a great article in the magazine, too.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately didn’t get much chance to see Tidworth yesterday - too busy trying to re rail the odd kettle on Feltham (only kidding Ray if you read this!)..but it was great to meet you Rhys and Mike and share a beer on Friday night.

Thanks for the hospitality and look around your shed on the way up. Hopefully I can see Tidworth as a punter again sometime soon. I’ll keep an eye on your shed layout and try to find Rhy’s too.

All the best,

James 

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, shanks522 said:

A very enjoyable day operating Tidworth, great to catch up with Ian, Rhys and some fella selling the big issue called Mike. 🤪

B9BB2375-E18F-4E33-92DF-C1F5A3110F95.jpeg.e601bd7b34f817da4898a955605d9337.jpeg

6425652F-CF34-4CFF-AF4B-E026915DFC26.jpeg.6ff8b59a9407880a4b809d54367aa66c.jpeg

E2F93DD1-A2DA-4D62-B090-B9DDAE5E4592.jpeg.ed5643053836f1c9bbc1435ce7632f99.jpeg

Graham. 

Love the barbed wire at top of the fences really adds a nice touch. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Temeraire said:

Not unless someone invites us!

I know the Exeter show took details sometime ago but not heard from them.

Fingers crossed they get back to you soon or Taunton wants you. 

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, GWRPhil said:

Fingers crossed they get back to you soon or Taunton wants you. 

We did Taunton in 2019 when the extension was probably 70% finished but I guess Steve might invite us again sometime. 😉

Edited by Temeraire
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jamest said:

I’ll keep an eye on your shed layout and try to find Rhy’s too.

Here you go James.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/153230-wessex-west-avonbury-to-lostwithlea-wessex-mendip-stone-to-cornwall-china-clay-multi-deck-layout/page/4/#comment-5062778

Good to meet you this weekend and hope your journey home was trouble free. Give me a shout if you're up this way again.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Here you go James.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/153230-wessex-west-avonbury-to-lostwithlea-wessex-mendip-stone-to-cornwall-china-clay-multi-deck-layout/page/4/#comment-5062778

Good to meet you this weekend and hope your journey home was trouble free. Give me a shout if you're up this way again.

Thanks for that Ian. I was hoping you'd link it cos I couldn't remember the name. 

It was a trouble free journey thanks. Ray did it in just under 4 hours with no stop! Not one hold up. 

Cheers

James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamest said:

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately didn’t get much chance to see Tidworth yesterday - too busy trying to re rail the odd kettle on Feltham (only kidding Ray if you read this!)..but it was great to meet you Rhys and Mike and share a beer on Friday night.

Thanks for the hospitality and look around your shed on the way up. Hopefully I can see Tidworth as a punter again sometime soon. I’ll keep an eye on your shed layout and try to find Rhy’s too.

All the best,

James 

James I just kept you busy to stop you falling asleep. Yes Ian thank you for the bacon rolls and the tea and thank you for the company on Friday night. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just a reminder that Tidworth is on the road again this weekend when we'll be making the short trip to Basingstoke.

974555512_220121TidworthNSEIMG_8946.jpg.396b79d16139d73313e4eaeba82cbe57.jpg

We're due to be located at the far end of the main sports hall near the entrance to the dance studio so drop by and say hello.

Aldworth School

Western Way

Basingstoke

RG22 6HQ

Opening Times: SAT  10.00 - 17.00

SUN 10.00 - 16.00

Admission is £8 with accompanied children free.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Just a reminder that Tidworth is on the road again this weekend when we'll be making the short trip to Basingstoke.

974555512_220121TidworthNSEIMG_8946.jpg.396b79d16139d73313e4eaeba82cbe57.jpg

We're due to be located at the far end of the main sports hall near the entrance to the dance studio so drop by and say hello.

Aldworth School

Western Way

Basingstoke

RG22 6HQ

Opening Times: SAT  10.00 - 17.00

SUN 10.00 - 16.00

Admission is £8 with accompanied children free.

Can I identify as a CHILD? 🤣

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, All being well I will see you at the Brockenhurst show in May.

Two years running, you might as well move back here! 😉

It'll be good to see you again and a beer or two to catch up. You'd be welcome as a guest operator too if you're not tied up with a club layout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Tidworth is all set up ready to go in the morning. If you’re visiting be sure to drop by to say hello and see Mr Peters in action! 😉

Yes indeed, wake me up if anyone wants my Autograph. 😃  🤣  👍.

Photos will be charged at my normal rate. cake. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 07/03/2023 at 22:46, Temeraire said:

Two years running, you might as well move back here! 😉

It'll be good to see you again and a beer or two to catch up. You'd be welcome as a guest operator too if you're not tied up with a club layout.

Hi Ian, Yeah over visiting the family again. Definitely catch up for a beer and would love a go at operating. I am not sure if the club layout is being set up this year.

Cheers Peter.